Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201392 times)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10815 on: July 12, 2018, 06:35:59 AM »

I know that most of our problems in this country stem from all that easy-to-grab shredded cheese that is in every grocery store all over the country.
If people would just take personal responsibility and pony up, not let someone else do the hard jobs for you.
This country is in rough shape and we are on our own here. The rest of the world does not give a shit, so we have shoulder this personal challenge upon ourselves.
We have to remove all those "shortcut" bags of pre-packaged shredded cheese ourselves.
It is up to all of us to Stand Up, America! Get that forgotten kitchen utensil off the shelf, wash it up, get things going for our own selves, again!

It is time to make America grate, again.

I think that America does okay.
Australia too.
I think Europe collectively is going off a cliff.
Germany and Sweden are gone. England and France are quickly following. Poland and Austria are holding the line. Others fall somewhere on the spectrum.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10816 on: July 12, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »

I know that most of our problems in this country stem from all that easy-to-grab shredded cheese that is in every grocery store all over the country.
If people would just take personal responsibility and pony up, not let someone else do the hard jobs for you.
This country is in rough shape and we are on our own here. The rest of the world does not give a shit, so we have shoulder this personal challenge upon ourselves.
We have to remove all those "shortcut" bags of pre-packaged shredded cheese ourselves.
It is up to all of us to Stand Up, America! Get that forgotten kitchen utensil off the shelf, wash it up, get things going for our own selves, again!

I don't like that pre-grated crap.

I don't know if it's something they put on it to keep it from sticking together or what. It always tastes strange to me.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10817 on: July 12, 2018, 04:49:27 PM »

I don't like that pre-grated crap.

I don't know if it's something they put on it to keep it from sticking together or what. It always tastes strange to me.

Depends upon the meal.  I love pre-grated cheddar with tacos.  But, for Parmesan, I buy the block that Carla loves and she does the shredding.  Also pre graded cheddar is what works best for me in cooking casseroles. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10818 on: July 12, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »
I got the grate joke DirtDawg.   :hyke: (because it involved dairy)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10819 on: July 12, 2018, 08:20:00 PM »
I got the grate joke DirtDawg.   :hyke: (because it involved dairy)

Thank you. :angel:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10820 on: July 13, 2018, 04:44:10 PM »

Weird thing happened today.
I went to pick up my daughter from her class at our normal time and she was a bit late. Now I still smoke, but I never smoke in my car, in case I want to sell it later. She was late getting out and I had begun to worry, calling and calling home, etc. I had forgotten that she was going to work on a project for extra credit, taking a few minutes extra to be done today.

So I stood outside my car and smoked my pipe for a while, while a police officer watched and I am sure, taking down my license number and running it through their system.

I am perfectly clean. No worries with being checked out by police, etc.  Many years since I clocked some asshole for being an asshole and was charged for a felony assault for putting a piece of human shit into the hospital in about ten seconds. No charges that time - I always know who I take down. Still no worries. 

However, perfectly legally, I was on school grounds with my daily carry .45 auto on my hip. I had not entered the building, nor had I intended to do so. I was just smoking my pipe outside my vehicle which I had parked under a large shade tree, next to where a police officer was also parked under an adjacent huge shade tree. I mean, seriously, would I be all mellow, puffing my pipe for twenty minutes, with my .45 on my hip in plain view of a police officer if "I was up to something?"  Seriously!

I keep a gun safe inside my "secret place" where I will not post where it is kept and when I became worried about why my daughter was taking so long to exit the building. I stowed my arm and moved my car closer to the entrance and went inside to ask the attendants to page my daughter.

I was immediately stopped by three police officers.

Of course, I had my ID and my license to open carry in my wallet. The weird thing is that I could not convince any of the cops that I was there to pick up my daughter (until she called my cell, which the cops had confiscated at that point). The cop who had watched me for twenty minutes was not there and three other cops in charge of securing the school had a report of  suspect approaching the school with a weapon.

Even after my daughter called and ONE OF THEM took the call I still had to show them that I was who I said I was with all the personal credentials I could dig out of my wallet and my car, before they would allow me to continue on my way with my daughter.
She was like, Dad, what happened!??!

The only time I have ever been challenged for keeping my .45 on my hip was at a small town Walmart, many years ago.

It was annoying. I was WELL beyond within my rights, etc. I am leaning toward making a scene, but I do not want my open carry privileges revoked.

Now, in a nearby middle school, some shithead kid came in and shot up a classmate and a teacher. That teacher fucked that kid up and got his two guns away from him before any one else, besides the teacher and one other student were injured.
I have to think of that incident as hyping up the cops and possibly causing this entire drama. When we went out to my car, the officer who had parked under the trees with me was there with riot gear on and responding to his radio.

I walked up to him, holding his M4 machine gun leveled at the ground in front of me and apologized for causing him any amount concern. I showed him where I keep my gun safe, demonstrated that my weapon was loaded and ready to go and I was safe with it.
After I made a big show of just how proficient I was with my weapon, I put it back on my hip right in front of him, perfectly within my rights as a law abiding, licensed citizen in good standing for all to see, since he was wearing a body cam.

I got into my car and drove away with my sweet, mostly safe daughter.

Sometimes, they just have to check some things out, I guess.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10821 on: July 13, 2018, 05:41:42 PM »
Not to put too fine a point on it while picking up my daughter from school property, but after a half hour of reading Indiana Supreme Court transcripts I found that my civil rights were violated today.

Police in Indiana are not allowed to detain and question a citizen, simply for openly carrying an otherwise legal firearm.
ALL my Colt .45s are perfectly legal to carry anywhere in this state, except for places specifically noted as gun free, such as school buildings, concerts, bars, court rooms - the list goes on, but common sense helps to know where one should stow their weapon instead of wearing it.

Since I did not attempt to carry my weapon into a school building, I should not have been stopped and questioned. Not sure I agree with that. Schools are different, period. So are all the other places which restrict carry, open or otherwise.

Kroger or Starbucks on the other hand have no right to prevent me from "Keeping The Peace" under their roofs.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10822 on: July 13, 2018, 07:23:31 PM »
mixed opinions about your experience.

In Louisiana it's illegal to carry firearms onto the school grounds IIRC.  Your state restricts the building, not the land.

On the on hand, it's good that they were skeptical and proactive.

On the other hand it's not good that they put you through the wringer.

Glad you took the situation calmly and like a gentleman.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10823 on: July 13, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »
mixed opinions about your experience.

In Louisiana it's illegal to carry firearms onto the school grounds IIRC.  Your state restricts the building, not the land.

On the on hand, it's good that they were skeptical and proactive.

On the other hand it's not good that they put you through the wringer.

Glad you took the situation calmly and like a gentleman.

Letter of the law or not, I tend to agree with your point of view.

Schools must be separate and "holy"  safe places. Honestly, as I move forward in time, I intend find a way to not scare the police AND keep us protected on the trip to and from.

I will not even think of NOT going fully armed, but the schools? Serious dilemma.

A bill before the state Senate is (scheduled to pass by a large margin) going to set up certain teachers with weaponry after police training.

I feel confident in my own abilities, considering I have had fifty years experience, but to hand a firearm to a random person after thirty seven hours of range time (police standard, but that also includes two years of other training activities before being issued a probationary badge AND an experienced partner)?

Lots of very scary questions come to mind!

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #10824 on: July 13, 2018, 10:18:27 PM »
There are clearly people who have sticks up their asses, and you can't help people with sticks up their asses when they like to have sticks up their asses.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 08:38:42 PM by Trigger 11 »
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10825 on: July 13, 2018, 11:32:20 PM »

I'm guessing, based on how your experience turned out, that you're not black.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #10826 on: July 13, 2018, 11:54:49 PM »

How very.identity politically Progressive of you. Go Team Hillary. She was a saint.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10827 on: July 14, 2018, 03:29:55 AM »

How very.identity politically Progressive of you. Go Team Hillary. She was a saint.

WTF has Team Hillary got to do with it? I can't even follow your short posts any more. I am not a fan of HRC if that's your implication.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10828 on: July 14, 2018, 05:47:03 AM »
There are clearly people who have sticks up their asses, and you can't help people with sticks up their aases when they like to have sticks up their asses.

An excellent point, especially that bit about some who like leaving a malodorous wake from stick wielding from astern.

You should understand I try to insert a nautical term for humor, sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 05:48:35 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10829 on: July 14, 2018, 06:18:26 AM »
https://m.youtube.c atch?v=E6jzzh-FZgs

Not sure how trying to introduce some random racial component adds any value to my invitation to a confabulation aspiring toward a groupthink wrangling from many opposing points of view.

Try again to be noticed.