Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 206747 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10800 on: July 10, 2018, 03:58:15 PM »
I listen to classical music in the car.  Except for classical guitar and violin solos I'm good.
Tend to prefer silence in the car, if not then classical. Completely agree about the violin.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10801 on: July 10, 2018, 05:25:03 PM »
time to get the baked potatoes on the plates
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10802 on: July 10, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »
I keep thinking about starting a thread called, "Songs YOU love to HATE".  The inspiration being Dave Barry's "Book of Bad Songs".   It would have the video or youtube songs about tunes that make me want to stuff anything into my (or anybody elses) ear canal.  And inspired by the crap music that creeps up on walmart "radio" and retail "radio" in general.   :apondering:

You need to do it. Went to the store last week and I've had one song playing constantly in my head since then.  :zombiefuck:

I wonder if this is a hidden cause of insanity?

Could be, those bloody "brain worms" are enough to drive anybody insane.  Anyway, in the next couple of days I will get to it.  I already have 3-4 youtube video's to dig up.  Songs that drove and drive me up a wall.   :zombiefuck:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10803 on: July 10, 2018, 10:47:43 PM »
You folks just need to get out your best headphones and give this a good listen ...

Seriously, nice, polite hard rock, but to experience five guys fucking slam this close together is amazing, period.

One of the best bands, ever:

Toward the end when they begin to change it up a bit  and they stay together  almost perfectly ... WOW!!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:55:20 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10804 on: July 10, 2018, 11:05:40 PM »

Going back a couple of years ...   Most people think this song goes into the Psychedelic genre.
I think this one is too strong, meaningful to just be psychedelic brain freeze auto stimulus, navel mining counting dust bunny crap.

Give this a chance!!

Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10805 on: July 10, 2018, 11:22:32 PM »
And never discount Joe Bonamassa, even when he attempts to emulate Deep Purple.

This guy fucking roxxxx!!

Car shit analogies ... That keyboardist is driving a classic kind of like a '60 Cadillac convertible. Of course Joe does a righteous burn out with just a fucking Stratocaster with a damn Hemi  or something, these guys rock! Keeping blues alive!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 11:31:57 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10806 on: July 11, 2018, 12:10:58 AM »
Suck memory or realization of our own mortality, but interesting weirdness (my wife is ALWAYS testing me about music shit - I still do not think she more than half believes that I worked so many years with so many "brand name" rock stars, let alone know anything about just about every fucking thing about music. Music HAS been a large part of my life, all told.)

Anyway, It has been almost a year now ... I was just waking up from a morning nap when she tells me that Goldy McJohn has died, fully expecting me to go like wtf are you even talking about. but I went off into a small tear and a bit of a tear (careful how you use pronunciation to find the meanings available). I sort went off, "NO not the guy from Steppenwolf!! He played keys! NO."

Anyway, I guess I passed that test, but yeah!! It has almost been a year since he left us.
No more Magic Carpet Rides ever.

Maybe there is a new ride in the works ...

Honestly, you do need electricity to keep the blues alive, Check out some more Bonamassa:
Not sure why anyone would tempt death by toying with Flight Of The Bumblebee stuff, though.

I have this performance on CD. Wish there was an LP.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:16:38 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10807 on: July 11, 2018, 12:18:58 AM »
One last look at Joe Bonamassa and I will let things rest for now.

Careful!  This can be addictive.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:21:30 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10808 on: July 11, 2018, 01:19:23 AM »
Joe Bonamassa is awesome.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10809 on: July 11, 2018, 02:00:50 AM »

HE IS, RIGHT!!

Honestly, I have been through so many awesome guitarists as my all time favorites, but every now and then a FUCKING new one pops up and Joe B. was that new one for me a few years ago.

I will claxon his praise from the highest mount I can climb for as long as I can or at least until someone "better" impresses me.

This guy is indescribable!  Just listen - ALL you.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10810 on: July 11, 2018, 03:28:38 AM »
Joe Bonamassa is awesome.

I read recently that in his early days he was too shy to sing and would not sing on stage. One of his managers told him something similar to what Chas Chandler told Jimi Hendrix at the outset of his career ... who could we possibly get to sing YOUR songs, behind YOUR guitar. It HAS to be you!

Lots of crappy singers out there and Joe B. is not one of them. Nor was Jimi.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10811 on: July 11, 2018, 05:26:24 AM »
^Agreed
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #10812 on: July 11, 2018, 05:32:04 AM »
OCD is awesome.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10813 on: July 11, 2018, 05:36:42 AM »

Who are calling OCD!!??

:autism:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10814 on: July 12, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »

I know that most of our problems in this country stem from all that easy-to-grab shredded cheese that is in every grocery store all over the country.
If people would just take personal responsibility and pony up, not let someone else do the hard jobs for you.
This country is in rough shape and we are on our own here. The rest of the world does not give a shit, so we have shoulder this personal challenge upon ourselves.
We have to remove all those "shortcut" bags of pre-packaged shredded cheese ourselves.
It is up to all of us to Stand Up, America! Get that forgotten kitchen utensil off the shelf, wash it up, get things going for our own selves, again!

It is time to make America grate, again.