Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10785 on: July 09, 2018, 04:02:36 AM »
Well, it's anything but.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10786 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »
It's the wisdom of the "common" folk contrasted with book learning.

I was always confused over liberal arts.  Then I realized there are

Liberal arts (book learning)
Fine arts (painting, sculpture, etc)
Literary arts (writing)
Military arts (war)

I haven't figured out the terms for science art and mathematical art.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #10787 on: July 09, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »
A very sad day, indeed!!

(stolen, blatantly from some random internet site and I am glad I found it!!!)

Obituary for Common Sense.

"We’ve lost a long time friend.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn’t always fair, and maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned, but overbearing, regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teenagers suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they had themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer paracetamol, sun lotion or plaster to a pupil, but could not inform the parents when a pupil became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home, but the burglar could sue you for assault because you protected yourself and your own.

Common Sense finally passed away after a 7-year-old child was suspended from school for chewing a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I’m A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized that he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Common Sense finally bit the dust."

I thought it died years ago.

It did, but I thought I would  "repost"  its obituary, just in case others out there are still sending mail and phoning.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10788 on: July 09, 2018, 03:22:17 PM »
A very sad day, indeed!!

(stolen, blatantly from some random internet site and I am glad I found it!!!)

Obituary for Common Sense.

"We’ve lost a long time friend.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn’t always fair, and maybe it was my fault. Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting (adults, not children, are in charge). His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well-intentioned, but overbearing, regulations were set in place.

Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate, teenagers suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition. Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they had themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer paracetamol, sun lotion or plaster to a pupil, but could not inform the parents when a pupil became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as churches became businesses and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn’t defend yourself from a burglar in your own home, but the burglar could sue you for assault because you protected yourself and your own.

Common Sense finally passed away after a 7-year-old child was suspended from school for chewing a Pop Tart into the shape of a gun.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust, his wife, Discretion, his daughter, Responsibility and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I’m A Victim. Not many attended his funeral because so few realized that he was gone.

If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

Common Sense finally bit the dust."

That were on the Internet when I were a lad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10789 on: July 09, 2018, 05:06:35 PM »
Of course. That is why I called it a "reposting,"  uhm,  Dude or whatever you are who ...

It almost appears as if you have not found the value, still.
Just let me know how to help.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10790 on: July 09, 2018, 05:11:21 PM »
Of course. That is why I called it a "reposting,"  uhm,  Dude or whatever you are who ...

Ignore me.

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10791 on: July 09, 2018, 06:06:52 PM »
"gutlessspinelesscunt" should be the new password for the sockpuppet account! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10792 on: July 09, 2018, 06:17:43 PM »

Ignore me.

I will try, but you have to help me do so.
 :tard:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10793 on: July 09, 2018, 06:25:39 PM »

I am sitting here ,  well a few minutes ago,  deeply engrossed, involved in this really awesome Roberta Flack LP. Now I know that I am going catch hell for keeping an ancient, dead format alive, but Honestly!!!  This record sounds so damn good I had to think about it for a while.

About to play "Beggars Banquet",  by The Rolling Stones using the same media.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10794 on: July 09, 2018, 07:59:46 PM »
Referring to my personal life

Shit
Shit
Shit

It never ends.   :poo:

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10795 on: July 09, 2018, 08:44:24 PM »

Shit
Shit
Shit

:hug:

At least it hasn't backed up.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10796 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:56 AM »

Shit
Shit
Shit

:hug:

At least it hasn't backed up.

Actually it does.  Sometimes even the plunger doesn't work.  Then it's a hand job.  YUCK

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10797 on: July 10, 2018, 10:27:17 AM »
I keep thinking about starting a thread called, "Songs YOU love to HATE".  The inspiration being Dave Barry's "Book of Bad Songs".   It would have the video or youtube songs about tunes that make me want to stuff anything into my (or anybody elses) ear canal.  And inspired by the crap music that creeps up on walmart "radio" and retail "radio" in general.   :apondering:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10798 on: July 10, 2018, 11:32:03 AM »
I keep thinking about starting a thread called, "Songs YOU love to HATE".  The inspiration being Dave Barry's "Book of Bad Songs".   It would have the video or youtube songs about tunes that make me want to stuff anything into my (or anybody elses) ear canal.  And inspired by the crap music that creeps up on walmart "radio" and retail "radio" in general.   :apondering:

You need to do it. Went to the store last week and I've had one song playing constantly in my head since then.  :zombiefuck:

I wonder if this is a hidden cause of insanity?

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10799 on: July 10, 2018, 11:51:02 AM »
I listen to classical music in the car.  Except for classical guitar and violin solos I'm good.