Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10665 on: May 20, 2018, 10:54:19 PM »

Listening to a really old record by "The Electric Prunes"  and wishing I had bought more in the days when they were still available.

Cool stuff.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10666 on: May 21, 2018, 03:18:45 AM »
Thinking about stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10667 on: May 21, 2018, 10:10:34 PM »
That was an incredibly descriptive post.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #10668 on: May 21, 2018, 11:07:09 PM »
Drinking coffee.

Offline Genesis

• The impostor who isn't from Old Country formerly known as Soviet Union
  • News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10669 on: May 22, 2018, 11:35:09 PM »
I had a guidance councilor who thought I wouldn't amount to anything... someone who thinks that just because I processed differently, I couldn't handle environments like college, or certain aspects of everyday life. She had a point on some of these things, yet it wasn't the whole picture. I wasn't giving the whole picture to her.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10670 on: May 23, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

I aim to please. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10671 on: May 23, 2018, 02:28:37 PM »

It was like when one uses a perfectly round circle to represent "fucking everything possible."  Then drawing a slash mark across it to mean none what so ever of any of that shit ever.

Now think in reverse, without the slash mark across ones all inclusive thoughts.

He was thinking about stuff.   O  This includes a lot of thought.

I will have to try a different font face to make this argument meaningful, because that "O" is nothing even approaching round. 
But I was thinking about my dog, so maybe later.

UPON second thought, maybe his thoughts ARE like mine sometimes. No way to avoid ones biases, so my circle of thought could possibly be represented by an oval. A very specific oval, if you know me well.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 02:35:42 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10672 on: May 23, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »
Pretty much what I'm thinking since the Florida incident:

Have you heard about Texas, lately?

The thing that astounds me is that the shooter's father has gone to "teh media" to to proclaim that his son, who did all the shooting, is nothing worse than another victim. Since he might have been bullied some, he is to be seen as a victim and his act of shooting up a bunch of people at his old school is merely another symptom of the real problem.

Talk about reaching!!

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10673 on: May 23, 2018, 04:06:35 PM »
I need to block more people on FB!   Asswipes abound! 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10674 on: May 23, 2018, 08:30:27 PM »
Pretty much what I'm thinking since the Florida incident:

Have you heard about Texas, lately?

The thing that astounds me is that the shooter's father has gone to "teh media" to to proclaim that his son, who did all the shooting, is nothing worse than another victim. Since he might have been bullied some, he is to be seen as a victim and his act of shooting up a bunch of people at his old school is merely another symptom of the real problem.

Talk about reaching!!

I saw the headline in the local paper about the Texas Fiasco at work. It bothers me that we're the only one with the highest rate of gun violence within the school systems in the world. Meh.... I'm not surprised, because there was rumors when I was in high school that some kid was going to come into our school, and shoot up the place. Not sure who they were referring to... yet I have a vague recollection.

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10675 on: May 23, 2018, 08:35:09 PM »
Of course the school itself had a wide variety of people... mainly those from wealthy families, cooperatives, and others from broken homes....

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10676 on: May 23, 2018, 09:12:47 PM »
Of course the school itself had a wide variety of people... mainly those from wealthy families, cooperatives, and others from broken homes....
Where I went to school in the late sixties and early seventies, in South Texas, every other car in the student parking lot was a farm pickup truck with at least a shotgun and or a rifle or both and often a .22 of some sort hanging on a rack in plain view in the back window.  (there were rattle snakes, here and there.) No one even fucked with trying to steal them.

No one thought a thing about it. If one got into a fight with someone else, it was a fistfight. Even the big-ass Buck knives everyone (even girls) carried on their belts were never drawn. No one even thought about going out to the parking lot and coming back with a gun and shooting people up.

This "New" world is just different. There are too many people who have lost respect for one another.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 09:14:59 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10677 on: May 23, 2018, 09:39:35 PM »
Where I went to school in the late sixties and early seventies, in South Texas, every other car in the student parking lot was a farm pickup truck with at least a shotgun and or a rifle or both and often a .22 of some sort hanging on a rack in plain view in the back window.  (there were rattle snakes, here and there.) No one even fucked with trying to steal them.

No one thought a thing about it. If one got into a fight with someone else, it was a fistfight. Even the big-ass Buck knives everyone (even girls) carried on their belts were never drawn. No one even thought about going out to the parking lot and coming back with a gun and shooting people up.

This "New" world is just different. There are too many people who have lost respect for one another.

It was worse around 2004 to 2008 (The years I was in High School)

Offline Genesis

• News Box Slave
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Blogger Was Here
    • Night Owl Redux
« Reply #10678 on: May 23, 2018, 09:42:39 PM »

It was worse around 2004 to 2008 (The years I was in High School)

Mainly when I was there, it was something like 8 suicides, and 3 car accidents :-/

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10679 on: May 23, 2018, 09:52:37 PM »
The track was closed yesterday, I had to work today, but tomorrow is A Big Thing called  "Carburetion Day"  and I plan to attend the practice and the spectacle.

This is the day that the racers go out to practice with what they think is going to be their best set-up for race day and tweak it if necessary.

Often the "fastest cars" on "Carburetion Day" have lead the race and often lead many laps. But as many who follow this race know or have come to expect, none of that means shit.  Fast never gets it all done like consistency can. It is a team sport with a lot of strategy at play.

They are topping out around 229.3 Miles Per Hour and nearing 240 MPH down the straights.  Pole Sitter for the race is at 229.618 MPH. Remember that is a four lap average speed. Same challenge to all, as fast as you can for four laps to even qualify for the race.

Last time this happened the ruling bodies of the series slowed the cars down for about the tenth time.
It is like no matter how much they strangle the racers by reducing displacement of the engines, lowering allowable boost to the intakes, making the cars heavier, increasing the downforce, the ingenious Indy car racing teams get right back to that evil  "No Man's Land"  (Shit, Danika is back so No Woman's Land either)  of the two forties.

NOPE!! We can not allow them to go that fast.

It is always a fun day. I have the same tickets as last year, so the view will be awesome. I am fairly high up just past the fourth turn so I can see the entire track, but realize the second turn is over a mile away.
I take my 10x42 Nikon Monarch binoculars and my closed circuit track radio headphones and two gallons of frozen water in a clear backpack.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 10:12:45 PM by DirtDawg »