Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201382 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #10005 on: July 05, 2017, 12:05:49 AM »
Thinking how rubbish I am at offering consolation and help. I mean really. I've started writing a dozen times now, meaning to say something, anything, and failing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #10006 on: July 05, 2017, 02:09:43 AM »
Thinking how rubbish I am at offering consolation and help. I mean really. I've started writing a dozen times now, meaning to say something, anything, and failing.

Me too. :( Sometimes I make people feel worse, I think because I think blunt truth is comforting, yet it really, really isn't to other people.
:dog:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10007 on: July 05, 2017, 02:41:55 AM »

Give people a little bit of credit...  :asthing: or not, I know I'd be able to tell that words that didn't come out right still had genuine feeling behind them. We've got our own rules here.

:wolfie:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10008 on: July 05, 2017, 03:41:59 AM »

Me too. :( Sometimes I make people feel worse, I think because I think blunt truth is comforting, yet it really, really isn't to other people.

I think you'll generally find that the people here apprceiate blunt truths! Even when it's not a kind truth. Bluntness  makes the kind truths believable, because then we know you're not sugar-coating your words :)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10009 on: July 05, 2017, 03:51:04 AM »
This.

I have done this with my friend whose brother recently died of an aneurysm at age 42. I said a few things about her behaviour in the last few years toward him.

I am not her favourite person right now.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10010 on: July 05, 2017, 08:19:39 AM »

I think you'll generally find that the people here apprceiate blunt truths! Even when it's not a kind truth. Bluntness  makes the kind truths believable, because then we know you're not sugar-coating your words :)

:)

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #10011 on: July 05, 2017, 08:22:55 AM »
This.

I have done this with my friend whose brother recently died of an aneurysm at age 42. I said a few things about her behaviour in the last few years toward him.

I am not her favourite person right now.

I sometimes try to help people, but it's frustrating having to hold back, because so many people view it as criticism, aspies included. I welcome that kind of thing, but if anyone ever advises me, it's usual purpose behind it is to "get back" at me, and it's annoying because it's going to be biased and the whole conversation is a waste of time.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #10012 on: July 05, 2017, 08:41:49 AM »
Everyone's been telling me that. Where are your local friends? Why aren't your family here?

I'm fricking autistic, that's what.  :P

Hyke's suggestions are good ones though. His favourite thrift stores are in the USA, but there's one here that he would go to. I think it's a few metro stops away. I could load up one of the suitcases with things and take it there to leave it. I could take the other one to NY and maybe leave it with his family.

It feels so intimate and final going through his toiletries and crap. I think I'm hesitating on my own behalf too.

It's hard, you'll get there, but you need to do it at your own pace. Like hyke mentioned, if there is a way to deal with some things later...take that route.

Some things are better if you can sweep them in a box and deal with them later. Fuck the extra moving cost, sanity is priceless in the eye of a storm.

Be kind to yourself.
You were wolfie's greatest treasure, remember that.

The plants, the things, what you keep...what you give away. Even if it doesn't survive the move...or gets lost somewhere along the way, knocked off the shelf by a kid running through the house, or just an evil cat clueless to the high cost of sentimental value.

It hurts, grieve, but don't let it consume you...you hold the memories, they will always be there...that's the greatest gift someone leaves you when they pass. Things are only things without them, and they would want only what was best for you.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10013 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:35 AM »
Cutting back on sweetening agents:  artificial sweeteners, sugar, honey:  that I add to food.  Also trying to cut back on baked sweets.  Itty, bitty steps.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10014 on: July 05, 2017, 04:11:37 PM »
Is it bedtime yet?
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #10015 on: July 05, 2017, 04:15:24 PM »
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10016 on: July 05, 2017, 05:43:34 PM »
Is it bedtime yet?

I wish it was!
I called it a day at 7pm. Ice and elevation and bed for me.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10017 on: July 05, 2017, 05:50:05 PM »
Is it bedtime yet?

I wish it was!

Do what ever your body says.   And it is speaking very loudly!   Good sleep and good healing, my friend!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10018 on: July 05, 2017, 05:56:58 PM »
Is it bedtime yet?

I wish it was!

Do what ever your body says.   And it is speaking very loudly!   Good sleep and good healing, my friend!
You're good at putting me in my place :laugh: Thanks, my friend. :hug:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10019 on: July 05, 2017, 07:29:43 PM »
Is it bedtime yet?

I wish it was!

You're good at putting me in my place :laugh: Thanks, my friend. :hug:

Just do whatever it takes to get through this and be well, both for you and monkey boy and girl and the lucky guy who is BF!   8) 8)