Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201386 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9990 on: July 02, 2017, 05:00:44 PM »
Thinking about how relieved I will be when all of this is over with because the stress is affecting everyone  :-\
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9991 on: July 02, 2017, 05:01:21 PM »
Thinking I should go make dinner.

I still have frozen leftovers and partial meals that Wolf cooked, that I rescued from our apartment freezer and moved to the shared house. It feels like he's still taking care of me.
He is :hug:

So where are you living now? Are you settled in the place you had planned to be or do you have another move?
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9992 on: July 02, 2017, 06:37:46 PM »
This is a temporary place. While he was still in hospital, I delayed our move: arranged for our stuff and car to still be transported, and put in storage, but delayed my start date and the plane tickets. We still had to give up the apartment on the same date, so I rented a room through homestay.com.

I wish we were settled. I'm still here for a couple more weeks, until after the memorial service, then I can fly out west and work on getting really settled.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9993 on: July 03, 2017, 05:35:47 AM »
This is a temporary place. While he was still in hospital, I delayed our move: arranged for our stuff and car to still be transported, and put in storage, but delayed my start date and the plane tickets. We still had to give up the apartment on the same date, so I rented a room through homestay.com.

I wish we were settled. I'm still here for a couple more weeks, until after the memorial service, then I can fly out west and work on getting really settled.

:hug:
:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9994 on: July 03, 2017, 05:40:38 AM »

Being without our own things in a place not ours is hard. Especially with everything else you have going on.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9995 on: July 03, 2017, 08:03:11 AM »
The packing and supervising the movers was especially hard, because at that point I didn't know if he would make it or not. If he did, I knew I'd be hearing for months on end about every little thing that went wrong, everything he thought wasn't packed well, every missing thing would be assumed stolen. I'd have to worry about insurance reports and getting into a fight with the moving company. This is what happened the last two moves. His life would become miserable and by extension so would mine.

If he didn't make it, none of it would matter. I couldn't give two fucks about material items in comparison with everything else that's been going on.

But I've still got two people's worth of luggage here, because I had to pack him enough that he would potentially be alright for a month while our other stuff was in storage and the house was being worked on. Plus two boxes of cleaning supplies and miscellaneous small containers I rescued from the fridge and cleaned out (all of which he would recognize individually and mourn individually if they went missing, plus all the others I'm sure I missed and tossed because I was cleaning fridge and freezer in a hurry). Plus bucketloads of paperwork for immigration, health records, house purchase stuff and the remnants of our legal fight with the apartment landlord. All of which has weight and now I'll only be flying with one person's allotment of luggage.

I'll have to toss or donate the rest, including two perfectly good suitcases, and I don't know if his family will be pissed, like are his clothes something they would want to keep as a memory of him. I can leave some of the cleaning supplies at the shared house where I'm sure they'll go to good use, but the rest of it will have to go.

Then there's a houseplant, well three incarnations of said houseplant in separate pots plus two cuttings, that I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to best survive the plane trip as possible, maybe dumping the soil and wrapping the roots in wet paper towel and repotting it at soon as I get there, because this one was extremely important to him and it's important to me too as part of a memorial and I can't let it die. It couldn't go with the movers because it wouldn't survive a month in a dark warehouse with no water.

It's an organizational nightmare and I'm plagued with remembering how miserable he's been in the past when this stuff falls apart, and I want to imagine him telling me it's okay, but I know it's probably not, because he was always hiding from me how upset he was despite all the complaints I heard, and developed the idea that I couldn't tolerate it. So I can't do wishful thinking.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9996 on: July 04, 2017, 12:23:27 AM »
:(

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9997 on: July 04, 2017, 01:34:54 AM »

Did he have a favourite thrift or charity store? May be easier to donate stuff there knowing he liked that place.

Cuttings seem to survive pretty well with wet tissue paper around the roots and then packed in a bubble wrap envelope. (know someone who sends them in bubble wrap envelopes via mail, could ask her if she has specific instructions, if you like.)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 02:51:48 AM by 'andersom' »
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9998 on: July 04, 2017, 02:54:55 AM »
If you think family might want some clothes, could you ask and maybe take them with you to New York?

Not that I think you need the extra things on your to do list.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9999 on: July 04, 2017, 05:38:28 AM »
The packing and supervising the movers was especially hard, because at that point I didn't know if he would make it or not. If he did, I knew I'd be hearing for months on end about every little thing that went wrong, everything he thought wasn't packed well, every missing thing would be assumed stolen. I'd have to worry about insurance reports and getting into a fight with the moving company. This is what happened the last two moves. His life would become miserable and by extension so would mine.

If he didn't make it, none of it would matter. I couldn't give two fucks about material items in comparison with everything else that's been going on.

But I've still got two people's worth of luggage here, because I had to pack him enough that he would potentially be alright for a month while our other stuff was in storage and the house was being worked on. Plus two boxes of cleaning supplies and miscellaneous small containers I rescued from the fridge and cleaned out (all of which he would recognize individually and mourn individually if they went missing, plus all the others I'm sure I missed and tossed because I was cleaning fridge and freezer in a hurry). Plus bucketloads of paperwork for immigration, health records, house purchase stuff and the remnants of our legal fight with the apartment landlord. All of which has weight and now I'll only be flying with one person's allotment of luggage.

I'll have to toss or donate the rest, including two perfectly good suitcases, and I don't know if his family will be pissed, like are his clothes something they would want to keep as a memory of him. I can leave some of the cleaning supplies at the shared house where I'm sure they'll go to good use, but the rest of it will have to go.

Then there's a houseplant, well three incarnations of said houseplant in separate pots plus two cuttings, that I'm going to have to figure out how to get it to best survive the plane trip as possible, maybe dumping the soil and wrapping the roots in wet paper towel and repotting it at soon as I get there, because this one was extremely important to him and it's important to me too as part of a memorial and I can't let it die. It couldn't go with the movers because it wouldn't survive a month in a dark warehouse with no water.

It's an organizational nightmare and I'm plagued with remembering how miserable he's been in the past when this stuff falls apart, and I want to imagine him telling me it's okay, but I know it's probably not, because he was always hiding from me how upset he was despite all the complaints I heard, and developed the idea that I couldn't tolerate it. So I can't do wishful thinking.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10000 on: July 04, 2017, 06:22:41 AM »
It's a lot. I wish you had a friend close by that you trusted and felt comfortable around to come in and help you. If I wasn't moving myself, I'd drive over. Although I'm a bit of a hobbling mess and rather useless. Andersom has some good ideas though. Remember you can always throw problems our way and we can help you brainstorm solutions if you need to. :hug:
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #10001 on: July 04, 2017, 07:17:12 AM »
Everyone's been telling me that. Where are your local friends? Why aren't your family here?

I'm fricking autistic, that's what.  :P

Hyke's suggestions are good ones though. His favourite thrift stores are in the USA, but there's one here that he would go to. I think it's a few metro stops away. I could load up one of the suitcases with things and take it there to leave it. I could take the other one to NY and maybe leave it with his family.

It feels so intimate and final going through his toiletries and crap. I think I'm hesitating on my own behalf too.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10002 on: July 04, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #10003 on: July 04, 2017, 01:08:14 PM »
That's why I said I wish you had and not "why don't you" because it's the reality for most of us.

Your hesitation is so incredibly normal. Sigh. I hate this for you. I really do.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10004 on: July 04, 2017, 01:15:10 PM »
Everyone's been telling me that. Where are your local friends? Why aren't your family here?

I'm fricking autistic, that's what.  :P

Hyke's suggestions are good ones though. His favourite thrift stores are in the USA, but there's one here that he would go to. I think it's a few metro stops away. I could load up one of the suitcases with things and take it there to leave it. I could take the other one to NY and maybe leave it with his family.

It feels so intimate and final going through his toiletries and crap. I think I'm hesitating on my own behalf too.

Can you pack the stuff that is too intimate and final to sort right now and send it to your new home?
There is more than enough on your plate already. The intimate day to day stuff can trigger so many emotions. It's the every day part of Wolfie you take leave from. And it is worth to be felt, but it may be too soon and taking too much energy to do that this week.
You need to take good care of yourself.