Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201393 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9870 on: June 09, 2017, 04:27:31 PM »

Thanks to everyone on behalf of my son.

Coincidentally, he went to his first job interview, today.  Just a minimum wage job, but any start is going to be acceptable to me.

Congrats to your son. :)

Thank you!

HE FUCKING DID IT!!

I am still up there in the clouds after all week.

(expecting the "other shoe"  to drop, though. I can not help that.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9871 on: June 09, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
If I could go away for a weekend and not have to speak to anyone either in person, or by phone or text or email, that would be perfect right now.

On some of my days off, I only text or PM or post, I never use my voice.  8)

My animals would think I had gone insane.

I talk to my dog and cat all the time. Watching their reactions to my words is a good part of my life and really good for my  "recovery"  from a rough week.
I think they enjoy listening to me (I like to think that)  and watching them respond with their own vocalizations fills me with even more love for them.

Me likes me animals!
Ha! I do the same! :laugh:

Dogs always attend to human vocalizing. Cats are more reserved.
Now whether they attend AND respond in their own way is a sign of further attention, I believe.
Both my dog and my cat listen to every word I utter and they come to me when I am not feeling well and show a bit of "concern"  it feels like. 
Last time I was sick, my cat never left my side until I was better. I had a cold and she kept my nose licked and moist through it all. I love her through the end of time.

She is getting old, but I am HER person. She made a commitment to me when she was a tiny three week old infant (the day I claimed her from a wonderful man who had saved a litter of infantile kittens after the mother had been killed during some construction. Those kittens did not have their eyes open yet and this guy scooped them all up from in front of a giant tractor thingy and took them to his home and got them all properly homed) and she has never wandered from me.

Maybe we need to get CBC a responsive pet friend.
 :thumbup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9872 on: June 09, 2017, 04:48:04 PM »
There are a lot of stupid people on the internet.
It's probably not uncommon for people of superior intellect to generally think of others in terms of stupid people, and really stupid people.

George Carlin said it well.

Have to paraphrase, unless I do a google search, but the gist:

Think of the average person you encounter every day and imagine how stupid they really are.
Now, knowing how stupid the average person really is, you have to come to realize that half the population is even stupider than THAT!

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9873 on: June 09, 2017, 05:08:50 PM »
Congrats on your son, DD! :)
:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9874 on: June 09, 2017, 05:13:27 PM »
If I could go away for a weekend and not have to speak to anyone either in person, or by phone or text or email, that would be perfect right now.

I talk to my dog and cat all the time. Watching their reactions to my words is a good part of my life and really good for my  "recovery"  from a rough week.
I think they enjoy listening to me (I like to think that)  and watching them respond with their own vocalizations fills me with even more love for them.

Me likes me animals!

Now whether they attend AND respond in their own way is a sign of further attention, I believe.
Both my dog and my cat listen to every word I utter and they come to me when I am not feeling well and show a bit of "concern"  it feels like. 
Last time I was sick, my cat never left my side until I was better. I had a cold and she kept my nose licked and moist through it all. I love her through the end of time.

She is getting old, but I am HER person. She made a commitment to me when she was a tiny three week old infant (the day I claimed her from a wonderful man who had saved a litter of infantile kittens after the mother had been killed during some construction. Those kittens did not have their eyes open yet and this guy scooped them all up from in front of a giant tractor thingy and took them to his home and got them all properly homed) and she has never wandered from me.

I actually have a book in the works. I will post it here when it's out. It just needs the final editing (My editor was in a horrific motorcycle accident) but the working title is "Letters To My Dogs Because I Like Them More Than People." I write letters to them describing the hilarious and maddening things they do. It's been this hilarious project going on for 4 years. They've garnered a big online following so Book 1 is done and I'm working on book 2 now.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #9875 on: June 09, 2017, 08:35:31 PM »
Who gave you karma? I'll smite the bastard!  :hitler:

Sorry. It was probably me.

I was in a celebratory mood after my son's graduation and I plussed everyone who responded positively, I think.

I am digging a foxhole and setting up rows of sand bags in preparation for your smiting.
 :poo:

:lol1:

Don't worry, the doctor promises you won't feel a thing.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9876 on: June 09, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9877 on: June 09, 2017, 08:45:37 PM »

Me likes me animals!

I actually have a book in the works. I will post it here when it's out. It just needs the final editing (My editor was in a horrific motorcycle accident) but the working title is "Letters To My Dogs Because I Like Them More Than People." I write letters to them describing the hilarious and maddening things they do. It's been this hilarious project going on for 4 years. They've garnered a big online following so Book 1 is done and I'm working on book 2 now.

I think that fucking rocks!

You have present us with links.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9878 on: June 09, 2017, 08:49:33 PM »
Who gave you karma? I'll smite the bastard!  :hitler:

Sorry. It was probably me.

I was in a celebratory mood after my son's graduation and I plussed everyone who responded positively, I think.

I am digging a foxhole and setting up rows of sand bags in preparation for your smiting.
 :poo:

:lol1:

Don't worry, the doctor promises you won't feel a thing.

I have heard that before. That just means better than average drugs and the doctor was right, until the drugs wore off.
I can take it.
 :viking:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9879 on: June 10, 2017, 06:32:50 AM »
I wish everyone could stay sleeping the whole weekend so I can have a quiet house to myself where I don't have to talk or do anything for anyone.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9880 on: June 11, 2017, 04:55:51 PM »

Thanks to everyone on behalf of my son.

Coincidentally, he went to his first job interview, today.  Just a minimum wage job, but any start is going to be acceptable to me.

Congrats to your son. :)

Thank you!

HE FUCKING DID IT!!

I am still up there in the clouds after all week.

(expecting the "other shoe"  to drop, though. I can not help that.)

I know how you feel. Just try to enjoy it.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9881 on: June 11, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
It's nice having my Mum here
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9882 on: June 12, 2017, 06:24:35 AM »
I wonder how long I can keep my other office boycott going.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9883 on: June 12, 2017, 03:01:51 PM »
Your cat knows when she's on to a good thing miss K :)

As for me...wondering if I'll get my ketoxime made by tonight. If so, should be able to reduce it using sodium metal in isopropanol and finally finish my project.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9884 on: June 12, 2017, 04:13:24 PM »
I'm glad my Mum is here
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad