Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201376 times)

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9810 on: June 05, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »

But yeh, in a sense I'm scared of meeting my/a match. For instance, I hate unreliability. I've purposely backed from crushes before who were unreliable. It hurts and feels wrong to the heart, but what if my match was that? I would end it. Life is not worth so much uncertainty and heartache.

The most important thing for you is to be able to live with you. Think that that is really important in any relationship, that you get along with yourself.
A relationship can add to your happiness, but a partner is not the one to expect happiness from. Nor should you be the one making your partner happy.

Sure, a connection, reliability, trust and attraction are important. It might still be that some thoughts are better to share with a friend than your partner. There is no total match.
And part of the match will grow while being in a relationship.

andersom is wise.
“To rise, first you must burn.”
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9811 on: June 06, 2017, 09:01:26 AM »
If you are going to look for a relationship, one thing I've seen you say here is that you have been afraid and pushed people away because of this. If your looking to be in one, you need to let yourself be open to one in the first place, assuming the right one can be found. And if your head starts coming up with petty excuses to throw away an opportunity actually worth taking, such as say, I seem to recall you refused one guy because he liked a TV show you don't. If you start on at yourself with that kind of petty self-excuse-making, ignore them.

Also don't waste time pissing around with wiccan stuff, spell-books, incantations, grimoires, fetishes (I.e the 'poppet' or voodoo doll meaning of the word, according to its african liguistic origin, rather than its modern sexual meaning), black pacts or anything of that nature. 

And a little advice if I may? be careful, and be sincere in what you wish for, lest you get it.

But set yourself a goal, and work towards it. Be practical, and mindful of that which you wish to achieve, work out who, how, why and if your compatible or not. If not, why not? hopefully that will save you some heartache,
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9812 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:48 AM »
I agree with Lestat.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9813 on: June 06, 2017, 10:32:05 AM »
If you are going to look for a relationship, one thing I've seen you say here is that you have been afraid and pushed people away because of this. If your looking to be in one, you need to let yourself be open to one in the first place, assuming the right one can be found. And if your head starts coming up with petty excuses to throw away an opportunity actually worth taking, such as say, I seem to recall you refused one guy because he liked a TV show you don't. If you start on at yourself with that kind of petty self-excuse-making, ignore them.

Also don't waste time pissing around with wiccan stuff, spell-books, incantations, grimoires, fetishes (I.e the 'poppet' or voodoo doll meaning of the word, according to its african liguistic origin, rather than its modern sexual meaning), black pacts or anything of that nature. 

And a little advice if I may? be careful, and be sincere in what you wish for, lest you get it.

But set yourself a goal, and work towards it. Be practical, and mindful of that which you wish to achieve, work out who, how, why and if your compatible or not. If not, why not? hopefully that will save you some heartache,

Pretty sure I never refused a guy because he liked a TV programme I didn't. As for being afraid and pushing people away, it's only if they are not compatible with me and I see us falling out in the future. For instance I have dated unreliable men, and really wanted to be with them. But for obvious reasons, they kept letting me down. It is hard to push away someone I really like. If I really want them, I make it very obvious. I'm not scared away by men I really like, just talking to strangers without any connection.

I would go out with a man who I liked (and who was reliable) in a heartbeat. Take for instance that guy Chris, I gave him a really good chance. He was an alcoholic and couldn't afford to go out anywhere, and he kept blanking me whenever I had a problem. AND he wouldn't even see me. If he is the guy you are referring to about the TV programme, I think I had a pretty good reason to end it.
:dog:

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9814 on: June 06, 2017, 10:55:55 AM »
You dodged a bullet with that fella because you don't need the drama of an alcoholic in your life on top of everything else you're dealing with. Dating is really tough. I'm not a fan of it at all.
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9815 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
You dodged a bullet with that fella because you don't need the drama of an alcoholic in your life on top of everything else you're dealing with. Dating is really tough. I'm not a fan of it at all.

Exactly. Which is why I feel Lestat it was a bit unfair to say I ditched a guy because he liked a different programme than me. It was far more than that.

Offline Phoenix

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9816 on: June 06, 2017, 11:18:57 AM »

Exactly. Which is why I feel Lestat it was a bit unfair to say I ditched a guy because he liked a different programme than me. It was far more than that.
Lestat wouldn't have meant anything mean by it. He probably just confused some of the details. It's easy for that to happen on a board like this. The important thing is that you made a good and healthy decision for yourself. Well done :)
― Hiba Fatima Ahmad

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9817 on: June 06, 2017, 01:09:08 PM »
Thinking about stuff.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9818 on: June 06, 2017, 03:20:53 PM »
I wish...I had...some bubblegum.

That tune sounds like a 90s popsong.

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9819 on: June 06, 2017, 04:12:29 PM »
Pretty sure I never refused a guy because he liked a TV programme I didn't.
That was someone else.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #9820 on: June 06, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
Who?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #9821 on: June 06, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »
Genesis. Though to be fair, he was venting about a lot of things. He said they were opposites and the tv show was an example he gave. He didn't say he rejected her for that reason.

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #9822 on: June 07, 2017, 09:01:37 AM »
I reserve the right to reject anyone that watches "Keeping up with the Kardashians".  :M

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #9823 on: June 07, 2017, 11:03:31 AM »
I reserve the right to reject anyone that watches "Keeping up with the Kardashians".  :M

I intend to reject everyone who even knows what that means.
 :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 12:07:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9824 on: June 07, 2017, 12:47:27 PM »
I'd reject anybody who didn't do the above^

They should be made an example of and shot up the arse with a large-bore cannon shell full of wasp nests. Perhaps a bag of rusty razorblades or three or four or five just for good measure. They are a putrid rotting stinking used tampon in the candy floss of life. And when they die (oh please make it within the next fifteen seconds or so...) they will end up sucked down to hell in a flaming maw, only for it to rise back to earth, make some spasmodic twitching motions, crawl across the floor looking paler than hell should look, and then for it to vomit them back up and stagger back to the abyss with its hell-fire tinged a lurid barium ion green shade of nauseated.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.