Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201392 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #9570 on: March 09, 2017, 01:46:30 PM »

Go to one minute, twenty four seconds she kind of get a solo going, then all bets are off. Life is good!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9571 on: March 09, 2017, 04:29:53 PM »
I'm tired, it's been a long and stressful day today.
:dog:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9572 on: March 09, 2017, 04:50:02 PM »
Funny how I am so special all the time. The Dr. asked if I would mind if he did some more tests on me after he had decided that I am all done. I asked what kind of tests.

"Just some joint stability and firmness tests along with some flexibility measurements." He said that despite the hard start I had, I am a kind of amazing success story for hip replacement and he would be appreciative if I could further his education by allowing a few simple measurements.

I agreed.
He invited me back to his table for the first time in over two years, then told me he needed to shift my leg around and measure flexibility and called for his assistant.
HE produced a rather large protractor type device from a drawer and told me to stop him before it hurts. He took my leg up over his shoulder, with his assistant using the measuring device and recording the results, he twisted me in every direction that my joints could possibly move.

It took half an hour to complete his "tests," measuring every damn angle of flexion I could imagine, but he told me that he was very impressed with my progress. He even had me expose my surgery scar so that he could take measurements of it. He shook his head, said how often it is that the scar is three or four times as deep.

I asked if he did this testing with all his patients, he told me that it is quite obvious that I keep myself in great physical shape and almost none of his other patients even try. He said that his typical surgical patient finds out there is something wrong, they just fold and give up, get through the procedure and just call it quits.

He applauded my efforts to regain use of my lower body (did mention that my core - belly needed some attention) and asked if I was doing other exercises than what he had suggested. LOL!  I said, "A few."  Honestly, he had stretched me out fairly well and he DID ask.

Then I took my "replaced hip"  leg up to within a couple inches of his top coat rack hook (about six feet high) on the wall, tapped it with my foot and held there for about a second, spun around and almost reached the same height with other side.
Told him that I have always worked out on a bag since I was in high school, and that I missed being able to kick well for almost four years. Thanked him for helping me get a bit of my confidence back. Then jokingly said that my bionic hip is better than my old one.

Very strange day, indeed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9573 on: March 10, 2017, 12:43:45 AM »
You're the Six Million Dollar Man. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9574 on: March 10, 2017, 06:49:54 AM »
I can't keep up with all these Charlotte the Mannequin accounts popping up all over social media :GA: :GA:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9575 on: March 10, 2017, 04:32:28 PM »
The what?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9576 on: March 11, 2017, 03:51:46 AM »
Still haven't decided on what tyres to get. The rears are almost bald.

I'm about 70% decided in Pirelli's but if I get them I'll be posting this again before christmas lol.

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #9577 on: March 11, 2017, 04:00:24 AM »
The what?

A mannequin, y'know like the ones you see in dress shop windows, and she's a puppeted persona on social media.

These are the original Charlotte channels on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHl2hSTZjCI41s51HYLnIw/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwHdhzQPmzXlyT4advb72GQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9rPwk1J5x37NWmFIMMGpQ

Now people are making fake accounts of her lol.

She's a spin-off of this weird girl, Poppy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatPoppyTV/videos

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #9578 on: March 11, 2017, 06:14:21 AM »
Wny not get those run-flat tyres, that way if anyone takes a shot at your tyres whilst your driving you have a better chance of scarpering?

If it wasn't for the seizures stopping me driving altogether (despite the fact that they only seem to happen whilst I am starting to wake up, and that with common sense should mean that I'd be safe enough driving, since I'd be as dangerous if I just went to sleep at the wheel as I would having  a seizure), and I could drive, I'd make sure to be fitting run-flat tyres to my car for sure.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9579 on: March 11, 2017, 07:21:42 AM »
The what?

A mannequin, y'know like the ones you see in dress shop windows, and she's a puppeted persona on social media.

These are the original Charlotte channels on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHl2hSTZjCI41s51HYLnIw/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwHdhzQPmzXlyT4advb72GQ
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9rPwk1J5x37NWmFIMMGpQ

Now people are making fake accounts of her lol.

She's a spin-off of this weird girl, Poppy.
https://www.youtube.com/user/thatPoppyTV/videos

+ I had literally no idea about any of this.

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #9580 on: March 11, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
I can't keep up with all these Charlotte the Mannequin accounts popping up all over social media :GA: :GA:

This must be a millennial thing.  God, I'm old.   :oldman:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9581 on: March 11, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »

Thankfully, my recovery did not cost as much.
 :M

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9582 on: March 11, 2017, 04:19:25 PM »
I wish people had taken my Orianthi links seriously.

It was my way of defending against (the stupidity) and/or supporting this Day without a Woman thing that has happened.

I searched out every instance of a woman actually doing what men do on guitar ( and just for those out there who have never tried to play electric guitar, it takes a great deal of hand strength to bend an entire chord - one string, not bad - but a fucking entire chord like she can - on a fucking Stratocaster even MORE on a Les Paul!!!  One HAS to admire this woman. )

I spent most of my day loving what not only famous women do, but loving on my wife's efforts to help our family trudge through all that we all do. We would be lost without her. I would be lost without her.

The entire construct of our online media lives would be lessened without the likes of Orianthi, Joan Jett, Nancy Wilson, Bonnie Raitt, Chrissy Hinde, Courtney Love, Liz Phair, Melissa Ethridge, Corey Cooper, Grace Potter,   and on and on and on ....

I could not possibly do a listing justice, but FFS! That was just a few of the rockers I can recall off the top of my hat. Getting into the classical female guitarists will blow your minds.

Now lets talk about female drummers.

:indeed:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 04:25:10 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #9583 on: March 12, 2017, 11:32:07 AM »

Thankfully, my recovery did not cost as much.
 :M

Don't be so sure. Steve Austin would be the six billion dollar man today. :M

- Albert Einstein

Offline Fun With Matches

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • Delicious and refreshing.
« Reply #9584 on: March 12, 2017, 12:02:25 PM »
A lot of memes aren't as funny as they're made out to be. Am I sounding grumpy?
:dog: