Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201376 times)

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #7185 on: August 16, 2014, 07:40:54 AM »
Never tried sake. HATE cider though, its just rank. I do like a nice frosty pint of bitter though, forgot the name of it now but tried a local bitter-type ale on a day out hiking, that was absolutely lovely, had it with a bowl of (rather surprisingly fiery for pub grub) chilli, and before I know it both me and the old man had ordered our second pints.

For getting pissed though I just go with cheap vodka, doesn't cost much, tastes like arse mixed with paint stripper but it gets the job done. Shite downer though in general, too messy compared to most of the sedative/hypnotics other than barbiturates, that I've tried. Booze generally ranks way down there on my list.

Although absinthe was lovely, fucking strong stuff though, IIRC the absinthe I got to try from a friend was something like 80% alcohol, the sweetness and anise/other flavours mask the burn of the booze to a degree though. Tasty definitely, but can't drink too much, as it really packs a hell of a punch.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7186 on: August 17, 2014, 11:40:55 AM »
I don't like the feeling of getting pissed but I like the taste of alcohol, so I'm a one or two drinks at a time kind of person. Sake and cider are the best, though. I was visiting my friend in Seattle once and they have a pub that is totally gluten-free with fifteen or twenty different types of cider and perry on the menu. I had fish and chips (as close to the proper Brit kind as you're going to get on this continent) for the first time in years. It was pretty awesome.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7187 on: August 17, 2014, 03:19:20 PM »
I've been meaning to try sake, but never seen it on the supermarket shelves, as yet.

I like bitter myself, although don't mind most lagers either. Prefer bitter though, although I am not too much of a fan of guiness. I like newcastle brown ale in particular.

Fish and chips is our national dish IMO, either that or possibly curry, I've heard we actually export more curry to india, than the indians make there or send here haha.

But a proper steaming plate of fish and chips is lovely, plenty salt and sometimes I'll throw on a splash of malt vinegar, usually I'll just have it heavily salted though.

Had roast chicken tonight, with a pot of strawberries and half a tub of triple chocolate choc ripple icecream, covered in dark, milk and white chocolate shavings and chocolate sauce. Was good, but I'm hungry again now.

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7188 on: August 17, 2014, 03:59:35 PM »
I usually get it from Asian grocery stores or by going out for sushi and then smuggling the bottle out afterwards. Not sure how easy it is to find Asian groceries in the UK. Here you can find them in some large cities.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7189 on: August 17, 2014, 05:30:48 PM »
Yeah, theres a chinatown in manchester city center, I'm going to the city this morning actually to pick up a load of..err..goodies..for an all day/all nighter until my scripts get due on tuesday :D

Might pop in there see if they have any. Used to get mochi (rice-balls full of sweet bean paste or other fillings) from a chinese shop near where I went to college. Bought some durian fruit there too once, that after one exploratory bite, quickly got used to exact revenge on this BITCH of a tutor, who had humilliated this sweet young lass into breaking down in tears. I, along with many other people there were absolutely furious, as this girl was a sweet, quiet, gentle girl who wouldn't have hurt a fly, and never raised any trouble for anybody there. We weren't taking that, so me and my friend stuffed some durian up in the airvents at the base of the building, in the toilets, and some more in the bin in the classroom itself.

The entire building was evacuated, following a 'gas leak' although it hadn't GOT a gas supply connection to GO wrong, and we got the day off.

I don't know how southeast asian people describe the taste as 'sweet raspberry-pineapple-like custard', durian tastes just as awful as the potent, and far-carrying penetrating stench it gives off, like rotting garlic, onion, and with a heavy overtone of hydrogen sulfide/rotten eggs. Disgusting, I couldn't eat it, no way, its got to be one of the foulest things I have ever had the great misfortune to have tasted.

Offline Arya Quinn

• The Mad Queen
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • UwU
« Reply #7190 on: August 17, 2014, 06:09:55 PM »
"Where is Jessica Hyde?"

Offline Pyraxis

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #7191 on: August 17, 2014, 08:45:27 PM »
Yeah, theres a chinatown in manchester city center, I'm going to the city this morning actually to pick up a load of..err..goodies..for an all day/all nighter until my scripts get due on tuesday :D

Might pop in there see if they have any. Used to get mochi (rice-balls full of sweet bean paste or other fillings) from a chinese shop near where I went to college. Bought some durian fruit there too once, that after one exploratory bite, quickly got used to exact revenge on this BITCH of a tutor, who had humilliated this sweet young lass into breaking down in tears. I, along with many other people there were absolutely furious, as this girl was a sweet, quiet, gentle girl who wouldn't have hurt a fly, and never raised any trouble for anybody there. We weren't taking that, so me and my friend stuffed some durian up in the airvents at the base of the building, in the toilets, and some more in the bin in the classroom itself.

The entire building was evacuated, following a 'gas leak' although it hadn't GOT a gas supply connection to GO wrong, and we got the day off.

I don't know how southeast asian people describe the taste as 'sweet raspberry-pineapple-like custard', durian tastes just as awful as the potent, and far-carrying penetrating stench it gives off, like rotting garlic, onion, and with a heavy overtone of hydrogen sulfide/rotten eggs. Disgusting, I couldn't eat it, no way, its got to be one of the foulest things I have ever had the great misfortune to have tasted.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I have never eaten durian but I can only imagine.

I really like mochi, though, especially when covered in sesame seeds. I once had really exquisite cherry blossom mochi that contained the dried and sweetened flower and was wrapped in the leaf.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7192 on: August 17, 2014, 11:00:21 PM »
Thinking about all the things I still need to do in the garage.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #7193 on: August 17, 2014, 11:09:56 PM »
Yeah, mochi are delicious, used to buy them nearly every day for lunch, several packs worth, especially liked the ones full of sweet yellow or red coloured bean paste. Never had sesame covered ones, but I might just look when i go to town to score this morning and see if there are any, reminds me just how tasty those things are, I like the squishy-but-solid texture.

As for durian, trust me, you are best off never having tried it, and do not want to even inhabit the same building as an open package of durian, the stench REALLY carries, and is potent as hell. When the ones in the air-vents of my former 'college' started decaying, oh good GOD. The smell, there are no words to describe how toenail-shrivellingly hideous rotting durian is.

I've never eaten it either, only taken a bite and spat it out in disgust. The stories you hear about it, lies, all lies IMO. Nasty.

I think I'll go to the chinatown after I've picked up my goodies and done a few shots of ethylphenidate/and/or speedballs and see if they have any sake, as well as get some mochi for breakfast.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 11:11:36 PM by Lestat »

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7194 on: August 17, 2014, 11:21:45 PM »
Thinking I should write a review of my AKG headphones.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7195 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »

Are any of them legal?   :hide:
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7196 on: August 18, 2014, 10:49:33 PM »

Are any of them legal?   :hide:

I think most of them. :zoinks:

Now thinking about locating a suitable preamp for my booth monitor.

- Albert Einstein

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #7197 on: August 18, 2014, 10:58:01 PM »
I am ready to merge my compartmentalised worlds together.

:0

Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7198 on: August 18, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
Thinking about magnetic preamps.

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7199 on: August 19, 2014, 05:59:27 AM »
I am ready to merge my compartmentalised worlds together.

:0

Feeling brave?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!