Educational

Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201378 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #6960 on: May 22, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »
  I'm happy that the DirtDawg family has rescued a little dog.  :dog:   Enjoy!  :)
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6961 on: May 22, 2014, 04:37:21 AM »
Cats rule, but dogs just drool IMHO :P

Not a dog person at all, not in the slightest, although I am just as kind to a dog, as I would be to a cat, or even slugs, snails and earthworms, which if I see crawling along the pavement, in the road, or plonked somewhere they are in the path of crunching, crushing boots/car tyres I will go out, even in the pissing rain, to rescue and relocate out of the way so they do not get stepped on and suffer. But I did as a kid, take on a dog, sasha (same name as the last but one cat I had by coincidence) that the 'owners' neglected, from the look of her, didn't bother much with feeding and just left to roam loose out in the cold and wet, or baking heat of summer.

I was just little, but I was NOT going to stand for that, and I effectively stole her, unknown breed, but I'm certain there was quite a lot of rottweiler, and probably some dobermann in there, a fairly slim, yet powerfully built black and tan she-dog. She immediately started looking better after being taken in, and fed up, given proper daily exercise, after I confiscated the youngish dog from the former 'owners'

I doubt they were too pleased (if they gave a shitting gods damn at all), when they must have realized (formerly) their dog had been taken from them.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6962 on: May 22, 2014, 12:53:45 PM »
Cats rule, but dogs just drool IMHO :P

Not a dog person at all, not in the slightest, although I am just as kind to a dog, as I would be to a cat, or even slugs, snails and earthworms, which if I see crawling along the pavement, in the road, or plonked somewhere they are in the path of crunching, crushing boots/car tyres I will go out, even in the pissing rain, to rescue and relocate out of the way so they do not get stepped on and suffer. But I did as a kid, take on a dog, sasha (same name as the last but one cat I had by coincidence) that the 'owners' neglected, from the look of her, didn't bother much with feeding and just left to roam loose out in the cold and wet, or baking heat of summer.

I was just little, but I was NOT going to stand for that, and I effectively stole her, unknown breed, but I'm certain there was quite a lot of rottweiler, and probably some dobermann in there, a fairly slim, yet powerfully built black and tan she-dog. She immediately started looking better after being taken in, and fed up, given proper daily exercise, after I confiscated the youngish dog from the former 'owners'

I doubt they were too pleased (if they gave a shitting gods damn at all), when they must have realized (formerly) their dog had been taken from them.

Lestat, you are kind and benevolent. Thank you for rescuing that dog (along with all of the snails, earthworms, etc). :)
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #6963 on: May 22, 2014, 01:16:11 PM »
Posting from my phone is a pain
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #6964 on: May 22, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »

It really is!  I much prefer my desktop!   :spitscreen:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6965 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »

You don't like to post from his phone either? :tard:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6966 on: May 22, 2014, 10:39:56 PM »
Thinking that I'm going to have three days off next week.  :2thumbsup:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6967 on: May 22, 2014, 11:24:57 PM »
Three?

Wow. What is the occasion?

I'll only have the day off on Thursday, but, since I'm not working on Fridays at the moment (apart from this week and last week) I'll be having a nice couple of days off in a row too.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #6968 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:36 AM »
Why don't they get back to me? I hope it wasn't something I did.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6969 on: May 23, 2014, 07:27:45 AM »
I like the number of posts Py has; 11444.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #6970 on: May 23, 2014, 02:31:25 PM »
SG-well other people should do it too. But they don't. Doesn't matter if its 'just' an insect (or mollusc, if we are being pedantic), I don't see why they should not have the right to continue to live, and not to be left to die slowly and in pain. Had to pick up a bee the other day that was struggling to get off the ground, and lift it back onto a rhododendron bush in somebody's garden, growing beside the fence. If I'd left her there, then it was very likely she would have met a grisly fate on the sole of someone's shoe.

I like animals, and whilst I will buy meat, and kill animals that are within the capability of my weapons to take down in order to eat them if I cannot afford meat from the shops, I abhor cruelty and modern farming practices. It makes me really, really fucking angry knowing how what I have to eat is treated, if I haven't gone and shot it myself. Likewise dairy cows being kept continually pregnant to provide milk until they are worn out, and discarded to be sent for slaughter, which again I drink, as I do not have an alternative means of acquiring milk; I can't produce it myself.

Don't bother suggesting soy milk etc., its nasty. Tried it, when my lactose intolerant diseased cunt wipe of a former lodger was here, won't be trying it again.

But yes, I will go far out of my way to rescue trapped insects in the house, or elsewhere, and trapped, sick or injured larger animals I take in and rehabilitate whenever, and wherever I find them. I've had to dive into the road before to rescue a small bird that had seemingly flown into a solid object and stunned itself before a car would have hit it.

Had another incident with a little bird that something similar had happened to, flown into a bus shelter and knocked itself senseless, although still alive. As I soon found out, otherwise unharmed, or at least not seriously enough to impair it, once it had recovered from the impact. I'd scooped the little fella up off the pavement and tucked it up the softly-lined sleeve of my leather trenchcoat on my way to my doctor appointment. The bird, a sparrow, woke up mid-way through said appointment and went flying round his surgery like a maniac. Absolutely hilarious. Thankfully my doc saw the funny side of it, and whilst he did tell me not to bring animals with me to my appointments, he did seem to realize that I could not just have walked on by and left it where someone might not see it, or some abhuman piece of trash could even have deliberately stamped on it.

God help the bastard I ever find engaging in deliberate cruelty or neglect of an animal, because I damn well won't. That sort of 'person' sadly does exist. And all too commonly. Luckily for them continuing to be able to walk and eat solid food for the rest of their natural lives, its not something I often come across personally; but if I do, its something that will make immediately and unmistakeably clear that I can have far less regard for a human life than I would for the mistreated creature; as the injuries inflicted in punishment for such an offense are the kind that leaves the recipient crippled permanently.

I've ended up at various times with all sorts of unusual and interesting pets, such as a rook/raven (not sure which) that had been shot out of a tree, various other small to medium sized birds, lizards, even a baby hedgehog I found in a back alley as winter began to bite, poor wee mite was too small and had insufficient fat reserves to survive hibernation, so was taken in and kept awake throughout the winter, and of course had its needs seen to. Lovely little creature, cute as anything.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 02:47:14 PM by Lestat »
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6971 on: May 23, 2014, 04:18:32 PM »
I can pick up a bee, to put it at a safer place, I'll revive the occasional hoverfly that gets itself trapped and dehydrated in my house (quite cute, how they change, leaving a minute bit of sugar, and a droplet of water within the reach of their tongue). I may pick up a worm that will not survive crossing a big concrete path. But I will not save a mosquito. If it outsmarts me, it will, but if I can preemptively kill it, I will. Same for ticks, (and for wasps, once summer is as good as over.)

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6972 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:15 PM »
SG-well other people should do it too. But they don't. Doesn't matter if its 'just' an insect (or mollusc, if we are being pedantic), I don't see why they should not have the right to continue to live, and not to be left to die slowly and in pain. Had to pick up a bee the other day that was struggling to get off the ground, and lift it back onto a rhododendron bush in somebody's garden, growing beside the fence. If I'd left her there, then it was very likely she would have met a grisly fate on the sole of someone's shoe.

I like animals, and whilst I will buy meat, and kill animals that are within the capability of my weapons to take down in order to eat them if I cannot afford meat from the shops, I abhor cruelty and modern farming practices. It makes me really, really fucking angry knowing how what I have to eat is treated, if I haven't gone and shot it myself. Likewise dairy cows being kept continually pregnant to provide milk until they are worn out, and discarded to be sent for slaughter, which again I drink, as I do not have an alternative means of acquiring milk; I can't produce it myself.

Don't bother suggesting soy milk etc., its nasty. Tried it, when my lactose intolerant diseased cunt wipe of a former lodger was here, won't be trying it again.

But yes, I will go far out of my way to rescue trapped insects in the house, or elsewhere, and trapped, sick or injured larger animals I take in and rehabilitate whenever, and wherever I find them. I've had to dive into the road before to rescue a small bird that had seemingly flown into a solid object and stunned itself before a car would have hit it.

Had another incident with a little bird that something similar had happened to, flown into a bus shelter and knocked itself senseless, although still alive. As I soon found out, otherwise unharmed, or at least not seriously enough to impair it, once it had recovered from the impact. I'd scooped the little fella up off the pavement and tucked it up the softly-lined sleeve of my leather trenchcoat on my way to my doctor appointment. The bird, a sparrow, woke up mid-way through said appointment and went flying round his surgery like a maniac. Absolutely hilarious. Thankfully my doc saw the funny side of it, and whilst he did tell me not to bring animals with me to my appointments, he did seem to realize that I could not just have walked on by and left it where someone might not see it, or some abhuman piece of trash could even have deliberately stamped on it.

God help the bastard I ever find engaging in deliberate cruelty or neglect of an animal, because I damn well won't. That sort of 'person' sadly does exist. And all too commonly. Luckily for them continuing to be able to walk and eat solid food for the rest of their natural lives, its not something I often come across personally; but if I do, its something that will make immediately and unmistakeably clear that I can have far less regard for a human life than I would for the mistreated creature; as the injuries inflicted in punishment for such an offense are the kind that leaves the recipient crippled permanently.

I've ended up at various times with all sorts of unusual and interesting pets, such as a rook/raven (not sure which) that had been shot out of a tree, various other small to medium sized birds, lizards, even a baby hedgehog I found in a back alley as winter began to bite, poor wee mite was too small and had insufficient fat reserves to survive hibernation, so was taken in and kept awake throughout the winter, and of course had its needs seen to. Lovely little creature, cute as anything.

Your story about the bird reminds me of something. When I was walking to university one cold morning I found a little red belly snake on the side walk almost frozen. I picked up the poor fella and put him in the pocket of my wool coat. About half way through english class he got active and slithered out of my pocket...I had to excuse myself and take him outside. It was warmer by this time with a little more sun so I found a suitable spot outside and left the snake to slither on his way. He was a sweet, gorgeous little fella.

It makes me angry to know even where my vegetables/fruits/legumes/herbs come from. Sometimes large tracts of habitat are removed along with all the local flora and fauna to make room for crops...then on top of that pesticides are used with kill off many pollinators...something I find both ironic and telling. Food in general -even water- is provided to us via means that are less than ethical or considerate of other life on the planet...including our own lives.

The ignorance and destruction is mind boggling and I have given up trying to comprehend it. All I can say is that people should not complain about genetic defects, environmental pollution, cancers, or poor nutrition without realising we are doing this to ourselves quite willingly. They are natural consequences to our behaviours and lifestyles....so how can we pity ourselves at all?
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6973 on: May 23, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
Three?

I'll only have the day off on Thursday, but, since I'm not working on Fridays at the moment (apart from this week and last week) I'll be having a nice couple of days off in a row too.

We're going to London for four days. Flying tomorrow.

And yes, everybody has the day off on Thursday here, too, and the above should say four and not three.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6974 on: May 24, 2014, 10:01:40 AM »

You don't like to post from his phone either? :tard:

She's too busy doing other things. :trollface:

I like the number of posts Py has; 11444.

Pyraxis has a full house. :fuckyeahdance:

Three?

We're going to London for four days. Flying tomorrow.

And yes, everybody has the day off on Thursday here, too, and the above should say four and not three.

Enjoy your time off.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.