Author Topic: Post what you are thinking right now, part two  (Read 201388 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Post what you are thinking right now, part two
« Reply #6945 on: May 18, 2014, 11:02:00 AM »
Missed the bus. :/ thought it was at the same time as yesterday, forgot the sunday schedule changes.

WHY does the schedule have to change THREE times. One time for weekdays, one time for saturdays, and one time for sundays :/

Same here, and they changed the whole roster per begin this May on top of that. Means that there are two minutes left to buy tickets and get on the train when I go by bus to the station, on Sundays. On other days I have over 10 minutes.
There is a roadblock, making that there is a 7 minute average delay.

Decided not to go to a BD. Did not fancy hanging around on a derelict station in a place where nothing is open, for an hour.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline sg1008

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • This chicken is Insured.
« Reply #6946 on: May 18, 2014, 01:45:05 PM »
Missed the bus. :/ thought it was at the same time as yesterday, forgot the sunday schedule changes.

WHY does the schedule have to change THREE times. One time for weekdays, one time for saturdays, and one time for sundays :/

Same here, and they changed the whole roster per begin this May on top of that. Means that there are two minutes left to buy tickets and get on the train when I go by bus to the station, on Sundays. On other days I have over 10 minutes.

Decided not to go to a BD. Did not fancy hanging around on a derelict station in a place where nothing is open, for an hour.

Its too many routines. One bus is at 9:10, on another day its at 9:20, and on other days its 9:40. I have several different corresponding alarms...it is way too easy to get mixed up :/

On top of everything, if it's a holiday that I am not aware of (I usually am not), then it changes yet again.

I realise it probably makes sense financially...
Can't you guys even just imagine it?

Forget practicality, or your experience....can you just....imagine?

It's there. It always was.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6947 on: May 18, 2014, 03:16:03 PM »

Its too many routines. One bus is at 9:10, on another day its at 9:20, and on other days its 9:40. I have several different corresponding alarms...it is way too easy to get mixed up :/

On top of everything, if it's a holiday that I am not aware of (I usually am not), then it changes yet again.

I realise it probably makes sense financially...

I know what you mean. Here it was 12 past every hour and 12 past every half hour on weekdays, 12 past every half hour on Saturdays, and 13 past every half hour on Sundays. That was not too hard, just kept the 12 past in my mind, and all would be OK.
And the time to get a transfer on the train almost always was plenty.
Now the times are drifting apart way more, so, keeping the schedule in mind does not work any more. And transfer time at the station is too short on Sundays, the day when trains only go once an hour.

Mèh.

The schedule does change yearly, minimal changes, but still. A few years ago, all of a sudden the bus schedule was nearly identical to the one it was twenty years ago. That was confusing. Somehow I expected everything in the bus to be like it was 20 years ago.

:asthing:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6948 on: May 18, 2014, 03:20:03 PM »
Thinking bed time thoughts now.

Bed is good.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #6949 on: May 18, 2014, 03:23:54 PM »
Thinking bed time thoughts now.

Bed is good.

:eyelash:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #6950 on: May 18, 2014, 09:40:31 PM »
Thinking I need to get back on track with my garage theatre.

Sounds like an amazingly unique and wonderful way to relieve some stress.

:GA:

Just do it!

(yeah, that was like a mantra of mine and many of my ancient "friends" before Nike copyrighted it)

Just do it!

I was often thought of as a flibberdeejibbet, what ever the fuck that is, but I think it means that I do things without thinking, which goes along with my mantra, JUST DO IT!!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:42:13 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6951 on: May 18, 2014, 10:51:58 PM »
Thinking I need to get back on track with my garage theatre.

A garage theater sounds badass, like a garage band!   :rock:

It's badass in a different way.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6952 on: May 18, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »
I'm thinking odeon will be hauling ass to work soon as it's Monday.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6953 on: May 18, 2014, 10:56:10 PM »

Thank you for reminding me.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6954 on: May 18, 2014, 10:59:59 PM »

We monarchs support each other.  After all, if you don't work, who will we tax?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #6955 on: May 18, 2014, 11:07:50 PM »

We monarchs support each other.  After all, if you don't work, who will we tax?

You're such a progressive monarch. In my day working wasn't a requirement.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6956 on: May 18, 2014, 11:33:45 PM »

Grapefruit juice

:2thumbsup:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6957 on: May 18, 2014, 11:36:58 PM »

GOD DAMN!! I'S MONDAY ALREADY!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6958 on: May 18, 2014, 11:59:12 PM »

Grapefruit juice

:2thumbsup:

OK, so right now I can not tell the difference between thinking and drinking.  Sorry for starting in the wrong thread, but work with me here, I am showing early signs of vascular dementia, FFS!

I actually had a thought that I would love to share but I am just too embarrassed.  KNOW one (see, I can not even use the write words1) ELSE  CAN EVEN sea how hard this is ...

Well, OK, then, you have to have some context.

I HAVE A DOG

I have not had a dog in about five years. I have really missed having a dog.

We have rescued a small dog that is perfect for city living and he is incredibly intelligent. AND he LOVES my daughter!!

It is kind of like when we got the cat, it was for my daughter, but the cat chose ME, NOT her. My cat will have nothing to do with my daughter, except claws and fangs and cuts and scratches and growls and hisses and spitting.

CAT is awesome for me, but not what I wanted for my daughter, although my daughter has made the best of learning to love being scratched and spit at and maimed by this cat. (there is this thing called sensory integration and needing to feel clawed and bitten by this cat is one way my daughter deals with many things in her life; you just have to accept it from the cat's perspective as well as my daughter's) 

Do not get me wrong, this is the most loving cat I have ever owned and I have had about fifty cats over my life, but this cat has chosen me and NO ONE ELSE, period.

... but this little dog seems to have chosen my daughter as the ONE human to identify most closely   with.  Obviosly I AM THE ALPHA.

But once we get all that shit straight, this awesome little dog has chosen my daughter as a familiar and they are seemingly becoming "Best Friends!"

SO what I am thinking is that I did GOOD by bringing just the right dog into this household. Actually it was my wonderful wife who found him and she was worried that I would not like him for being so small.

But hell, we live in the city. Any but a small dog would be miserable trying to deal with city living. I accepted him from a photo and then we went from there.

My daughter finally has a dog!!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #6959 on: May 19, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
How cool for your daughter. Great to see the dog chose her. I remember you telling about the cat, couple of years ago.
Glad she found a true animal friend.