Educational

Author Topic: Online at odd hours  (Read 1018 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Online at odd hours
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
You were logging chat? That certainly explains why the chat didn't time out.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 12:24:27 PM »
I find that creepy and makes me want to avoid chat when you are in there  :(

Binty

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
 :indeed:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 12:26:25 PM »
Yes, I think it's good manners to ask the participants if it's OK.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »

Setting up a logging program and going to bed is like shitting all over the room and expecting others to come along and be entertaining for you.  :thumbdn:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »

Setting up a logging program and going to bed is like shitting all over the room and expecting others to come along and be entertaining for you.  :thumbdn:

I used to stay logged into a chat room overnight while I slept, just so I could read it all in the morning, is that the same?   :orly:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »
I' usually on after work in the late afternoon, and then in the night when I cant sleep. If I dont work im on more, and the evenings maybe I am here depending on what I am doing that day. And, sometimes, when I am with a boy you may not see me for a few days. All in all, I spend too much time here :D I am logged in when I am online, so I might not always be reading something, but I have a tab open so I am close

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 03:12:26 PM »

I used to stay logged into a chat room overnight while I slept, just so I could read it all in the morning, is that the same?   :orly:

Not exactly. This is more like recording a phone call.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 01:42:14 AM »

i never once set up a logging program... i literally just left the chat window open and went to bed hoping there would be a joke or two in the morning. i apologize if you found it offensive

Not exactly. This is more like recording a phone call.
in that case. i take it back i was not logging chat i was just staying logged in over night... either way chat recorded itself and was on my screen to read so sorry about that bad wording.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 03:54:49 PM »
How did you stay logged on? in normal cases the site will time out on you.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:18:05 PM »
How did you stay logged on? in normal cases the site will time out on you.

honestly ive no idea... i just ploped the computer down and went to sleep... bug maybe? maybe i should see if i can replicate it tonight... ive an idea on whats happened... when chat times me out i usually just refresh click the chat button again and it brings me to the chat window that was already open, but changes to a login screen.... maybe doing so disables timeout?

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline Zippo

• Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 04:43:44 PM »
what time does chat usually log you off in? i have been loged on for 20 minutes now with no programs running other than "google chrome, apple mail, system prefrences, picasa and mumble"

EDIT: refreshed the page... been online for an hour half of which i was away. seems chat is bugged.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 05:47:07 PM by Shotgun Surgeon »

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2011, 12:34:22 PM »
what time does chat usually log you off in? i have been loged on for 20 minutes now with no programs running other than "google chrome, apple mail, system prefrences, picasa and mumble"

EDIT: refreshed the page... been online for an hour half of which i was away. seems chat is bugged.

I set it on 5 minutes of inactivity. It should have thrown you out.

- Albert Einstein