Educational

Author Topic: tooth ache :(  (Read 3224 times)

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
Re: tooth ache :(
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2012, 01:41:56 PM »
I have tooth aches too. I grind my teeth at night. I think I chipped my molar.

I always dream about loosening my teeth, and it worries me, because I think I gring them as well, I always wake up w a tense jaw, and with the fleeting notions of loose teeth :I

I have recurring dreams of my teeth loosening and fallingg out and all I have left are gums and I feel mortified because my face and mouth is more sunken in. I keep thinking I can't affford dental implants and I'm screwed. I have a powerful bite. Recently I destryed my night guard yet again. I used to have a metal one, but lost it when sharing a bathroom with my dad and my uncle. I can't keep a plastic one for too long I eventually break them. I can't afford another metal one at this time. I have had my fillings break and crumble while I sleep.
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

TheoK

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »
This seems to be a common problem, maybe especially among Aspies. I have strong teeth, yet I have broken two molars with fillings, most probably due to my nightly grinding. My problem is rather that I have a hard time sleeping with a night guard in my mouth at all  :-\

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2012, 03:28:31 PM »
  But you could very well have an infection which would need to be treated with
  antibiotics before the tooth could be removed safely.  Bacterial infections are
  nothing to screw around with.  :zombiefuck:

Washing the wound with gin should help against the bacteria.

Not pulling it could mean a bigger risk to get an infection.

Think the biggest danger pulling it yourself is when the roots are in such a way that pulling the tooth would cause haemorrhaging. Small chance though. People have pulled their own teeth for millennia, and humans did not get extinct. 
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

TheoK

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2012, 03:29:33 PM »
The Romans pulled their teeth themselves, because they were  :viking:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2012, 03:31:53 PM »
My Dad is brave too.  :viking:

TheoK

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2012, 03:32:54 PM »
 :agreed:

Offline Bastet

• Psychotic Mentally Deficient Deranged Bitch
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • MeOW!
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2012, 03:49:53 PM »
The Romans pulled their teeth themselves, because they were  :viking:

My uncle does that. Whenever a tooth becomes rotten he yanks it out with his bare fingers. He can'tr be bothered to brush his teeth. I went to a shitty dentist who gave me the wrong color filling, and due to him being a medi cal dentist he couldn't inject me a second time , so he drilled my tooth without anesthetic which was extremely irrittaning and painful, the cheap bastard. Later, I got back at him by making screaming noises whenever he was using the drill in the other room. A patient in the waiting room became frightened. He was not pleased. :p
:kitten: OBSESSIVE AILUROPHILE :kitten:

It is far better for people to hate you for doing the right thing than for people to love you for doing the wrong thing. Never ever forget that.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
I once had a broken tooth and it didn't hurt one bit. It was one of my back molars and the filling came off and I had a huge hole there. I scheduled a dentist appointment right away like the next day. Turns out I had a cavity inside it and it finally broke off the filling. They asked me if it hurt and I said it didn't. It took them a few appointments for them to fix it. They did a little test and they put it on my tooth and then they put it on my other tooth and I felt something so I raised my hand. they said my other tooth was dead. No wonder it didn't hurt. I was happy it was dead or else I be in pain. I even had a root canal done for it but had to go somewhere else for it. I only had one bad experience at the dentist and that was back in 5th grade because the shots they gave me twice hurt like heck. I don't know why. But when I have had them again, they didn't hurt. I screamed because it was so painful and I scared two little kids in the waiting room and the mother had to leave with them. They were probably there for their appointment and to hear someone scream told them it's very painful to be there so the mother may have decided it was no big deal if they don't go so she cancelled and took them home.

My aunt had rotted teeth because she never brushed them so she had to get them pulled. They were fugly. They were dark brown and black. She also smoked. I hear she would think she brushed them but she didn't.

TheoK

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2012, 05:07:32 PM »
Hundred years ago it was actually considered a bit  :ghey: to brush your teeth. Times change  :-\

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »
Whether you ask or not, here's info:

The Chinese were believed to create the first real toothbrush, or a device that was used to clean teeth, but it was much different than the ones that we are used to today. These first toothbrushes, crafted in the 1400s, did not use nylon for bristles, or plastic for the handles. They were crafted from bamboo, one of the most common plants from that area. The bamboo formed the handle for people to hold on to. Attached to this handle was a set of bristles, which were crafted from the tough hair of the Siberian wild boar. The hairs used came from the back of the neck of this animal. This is the toothbrush associated with having been the ancestor of the one that we use today.

However, there is evidence that there was another form of the toothbrush dating up to 3000 years before the birth of Christ. Due to this, the history of the toothbrush proves that this device is one of the oldest still used by man, only truly outdated by the wheel. This form of the toothbrush was found within pyramids of the Egyptians. These toothbrushes were crafted from a stick. Unlike the Chinese version of the toothbrush, the end of the stick was flayed so that the fibers of the wood were more soft. This stick was then rubbed against the teeth to serve as a form of oral hygiene. This form of the toothbrush did not become far spread as the Chinese version.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Jesse

• My mirror shows black (Otherwise known as nigger)
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • where mountains throne
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
I now know what is going on with my teeth. One of my wisdom teeth is fucking sideways and is hitting the other tooth next to it, it seems as long as I brush my teeth back there and keep everything bacteria free it isnt painful

I need three teeth pulled, fillings done and redone. but I can wait for all that expencive shit
:skywarp:

P7PSP

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »

The Chinese were believed to create the first real toothbrush, or a device that was used to clean teeth, but it was much different than the ones that we are used to today. These first toothbrushes, crafted in the 1400s, did not use nylon for bristles, or plastic for the handles. They were crafted from bamboo, one of the most common plants from that area. The bamboo formed the handle for people to hold on to. Attached to this handle was a set of bristles, which were crafted from the tough hair of the Siberian wild boar. The hairs used came from the back of the neck of this animal. This is the toothbrush associated with having been the ancestor of the one that we use today.

However, there is evidence that there was another form of the toothbrush dating up to 3000 years before the birth of Christ. Due to this, the history of the toothbrush proves that this device is one of the oldest still used by man, only truly outdated by the wheel. This form of the toothbrush was found within pyramids of the Egyptians. These toothbrushes were crafted from a stick. Unlike the Chinese version of the toothbrush, the end of the stick was flayed so that the fibers of the wood were more soft. This stick was then rubbed against the teeth to serve as a form of oral hygiene. This form of the toothbrush did not become far spread as the Chinese version.
Before that Cro Magnons attached Mastadon butt hairs (renowned for toughness at the time) to Willow bark (known to have anal gesic qualities) to make toothbrushes. Such brushes could last for years.

TheoK

« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
The Romans cleaned their teeth with horse piss, because they were  :viking:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 01:13:59 AM »

Before that Cro Magnons attached Mastadon butt hairs (renowned for toughness at the time) to Willow bark (known to have anal gesic qualities) to make toothbrushes. Such brushes could last for years.
:zombiefuck:

Watch that spacebar, Cassanova, it is making you write very weird things about dental care.

TheoK

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 02:09:01 AM »
 :laugh: