Educational

Author Topic: Disgusting slag  (Read 4078 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Disgusting slag
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2011, 11:21:49 AM »
Jack - that is the reason for a lot of my threads yeah, but this one actually wasn't intended to spark debate as I genuinely didn't think many people would disagree with me about it being terrible. that's not to say I am bothered by debate in this thread though. Just wasn't my intention
Maybe not intended to spark debate but to be expected. There's no shortage of devil's advocates here who like debate as well and your PPR related threads usually hook at least one. Then the advocates lure in the others who also like to debate though share the other point of view. Then sometimes someone throws a sucker punch and things get rowdy.
Although to be fair , threads about the most random and non-controversial of things have sparked callouts  :laugh:
Yes. Wasn't intending to sound unfair about Heinrich. Debate and sucker punches can happen anywhere here, hence the expected part. That last sentence of mine could/should have ended in a  :zoinks: or  :viking: or  :thumbup:, but didn't because that's the way I roll.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2011, 11:30:04 AM »
Jack - that is the reason for a lot of my threads yeah, but this one actually wasn't intended to spark debate as I genuinely didn't think many people would disagree with me about it being terrible. that's not to say I am bothered by debate in this thread though. Just wasn't my intention
Maybe not intended to spark debate but to be expected. There's no shortage of devil's advocates here who like debate as well and your PPR related threads usually hook at least one. Then the advocates lure in the others who also like to debate though share the other point of view. Then sometimes someone throws a sucker punch and things get rowdy.
Although to be fair , threads about the most random and non-controversial of things have sparked callouts  :laugh:
Yes. Wasn't intending to sound unfair about Heinrich. Debate and sucker punches can happen anywhere here, hence the expected part. That last sentence of mine could/should have ended in a  :zoinks: or  :viking: or  :thumbup:, but didn't because that's the way I roll.

I got what you meant , don't worry.  :laugh:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »

just want to add that i personally think it is wrong to give a seven year old a present worth several thousand pounds.  Even if you are wealthy.  How much was it - £6k ?  I mean that is a lot
of money, and i would say there is a risk of her turning into Verucca Salt!

What bothers me more than the value of the gift or even that the gift is intended to pay for a boob job when Poppy is older is that by giving a seven year a gift certificate that can be used only for cosmetic surgery when she turns 16 this implies to Poppy that she won't be good enough unless she has some sort of cosmetic surgery to fix herself.  If it had been a Certificate of Deposit for £6k that could have also been spent for a car or college tuition or something else when Poppy turns 16, I don't think people would be nearly as upset by it.

I don't think that the concept of her daughter being just fine the way God made her ever dawned on someone called "the human Barbie doll" though.  I think that she must feel that she's worth less if she doesn't look "perfect," at least in her mind.  I must say that I think she does look pretty good to be 50 years old even if she does look too plastic.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2011, 12:01:53 PM »
Soph, she seems like a saint compared to this mother and I do not mean maternal mother.  At least the boy seems like he's going to have a good shot at a good life.  Caution, this is not for the weak.

The boy, Holden Gothia, lobs the baseball about 25 feet, then taunts the older boy.

"You need some lessons, young man," Holden says. "You need some lessons!"

"He's got a pretty decent arm for a little kid," another teenage brother says absent-mindedly.

The older boys have watched over Holden for so long, they have forgotten how much he has overcome since his tragic beginning.

His story, which shocked Houston four years ago, seems far behind him as he played with two of his "bubbas" on a rainy afternoon in Deer Park earlier this week.

"No rain or anything will hurt me," the untiring prekindergartener says as a brief spring storm blows through. "It can't get me; I'm tough."

His baby-sitting grandmother, Linda Gothia, agrees.

"You are tough," she says.

Watching Holden play makes it is easy to forget that this is the same child whose mother, in a drug-induced haze, severed his genitals completely on March 13, 2007. Katherine Nadal was sentenced to 99 years in prison for mutilating her son.

Holden's grandmother cautions him to stay out of the rain because of the lightning.

A camera flash goes off, capturing the boy's Cheshire grin as he plots.

He looks to the sky and looks at his Nanna. He's not afraid of the lightning.

"That was just flashes from God's camera," he pleads.

His grandmother's eyes well up when she talks about how Holden almost died when he was 5 weeks old. She wipes her eyes as she talks about the daylong musical benefit held earlier this month to raise money for his medical expenses.

"It's like a shower-bath," he says, edging toward the puddles forming in the backyard, unafraid.

The boy's brown hair, straight but for a cowlick, frames dark brown eyes. Holden is still flush with the excitement of the concert in his honor. He took the stage to play his drum kit for the crowd at the coliseum in Lake Charles, La.

The 4-year-old did not understand that hundreds of people were working to raise money toward the half-million-dollar reconstructive surgery he will undergo when he turns 8.

In a blue shirt and blue plaid shorts, he steps deliberately from the protection of the porch into the puddle, rain drizzling on his head.

He starts kicking the water, splashing it up on himself as he works to not hear his grandmother's admonitions. He puts his hands to his sides and shuffles, imitating the penguins in Happy Feet, a favorite animated film.

"It's too late," his grandmother says, resigned to watching the boy soak himself as he makes endless laps through the puddle.

"Wheeee!" he shouts, celebrating a burst of water streaming off the roof.

He hands his glasses to his grandmother and goes straight for the deluge overflowing the gutter.

"It's a waterfall!" he exclaims to his adoptive siblings in the backyard of their red-brick house, nestled in a quiet cul-de-sac.

"Come on, Stinky-bones," he says, taunting his 17-year-old brother, Parker DeShazo, to join him in the rain.

"I love him," the teen says as he abandons his shoes to tickle the little boy in the rain.

Holden was adopted by his aunt, Patches DeShazo, and her husband, Kent, after the assault. The boy has lived with his three cousins as brothers since he was an infant.

Patches' brother, Camden Gothia, is Holden's father, and he still sees the boy regularly.

Holden will have hormone treatments for the rest of his life, but his family hopes the reconstructive surgery will give him a chance at a more normal life.

They also are working to see that his past does not define him.

"Our perspective is that if we treat it as something to be ashamed of, he will be ashamed - no matter what words we use otherwise," DeShazo explained. "We're treating it as an injury he got, clearly through no fault of his own, like losing a hand or a foot."

She points out that Holden's name and story can easily be found online - his anonymity is gone. DeShazo wants people who remember the tragedy to know how well Holden is doing.

"I'd rather have something positive in those searches," she said. "Make the most recent stories the good stories."

DeShazo also hopes the tragedy will help others.

"His story is his story, and, as horrible as it is, I truly believe it will be hugely important to other people," she said. "He's an inspiration. It's an inspirational story."

His family created a charitable foundation to raise money for the boy. They hope Heroes for Holden will grow into an organization that helps cover medical expenses for other children.

Before deciding to make Holden the poster child for the foundation or to field questions from reporters, they consulted several mental health professionals about his future. They still struggle with some of those dilemmas.

"We're just feeling our way through trying to do what's best for Holden," she said. "There isn't anybody to pick up the phone and call and ask what they did in this situation."

Treating Holden has meant myriad surgeries, including one recently to help him walk. His femoral artery was severed in the assault. He continues to have problems with the leg and probably will wear a leg brace until he stops growing.

On this rainy day, the brace is getting a workout.

Holden is intent on his brothers lifting him high enough so he can dunk a basketball. "Let me. Let me. Let me," he says. "Please?"

He has played sports with them since he was a toddler.

"He thinks that whatever they can do, he can do," his grandmother says. "And he tries."

After the storm passes, the little boy rallies his team.

"I'm ready to go play basketball, Bubbas," he calls over his shoulder as he flies out the back door.

A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #94 on: June 12, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
@ Callaway.
I  agree.   Also yeah the mom does look good for her
age.  Read somewhere she has spent £500k on plastic
surgery...i would want to look good if i spent that kinda money too!

@QV
That is a terrible story.  It didn't say why?  why did she do that?
Sounds like a gutsy little boy - i hope his treatment works out for him.
blah blah blah

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #95 on: June 12, 2011, 05:34:03 PM »
@ Callaway.
I  agree.   Also yeah the mom does look good for her
age.  Read somewhere she has spent £500k on plastic

@QV
That is a terrible story.  It didn't say why?  why did she do that?

It says "a drug induced haze" which is the nicest way I guess they could put it.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #96 on: June 12, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
@ Callaway.
I  agree.   Also yeah the mom does look good for her
age.  Read somewhere she has spent £500k on plastic

@QV
That is a terrible story.  It didn't say why?  why did she do that?

I Googled her and apparently she blamed it on the dog, saying that the miniature dachschund bit the baby's genitals off.

It also said that she had been arguing with the baby's dad about whether or not to have the baby circumcised.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2011, 06:46:01 PM »
@ Callaway.
I  agree.   Also yeah the mom does look good for her
age.  Read somewhere she has spent £500k on plastic

@QV
That is a terrible story.  It didn't say why?  why did she do that?

I Googled her and apparently she blamed it on the dog, saying that the miniature dachschund bit the baby's genitals off.

It also said that she had been arguing with the baby's dad about whether or not to have the baby circumcised.

Not to be flippant, but I hope she's wasn't planning a career as a mohel. 

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2011, 02:53:32 AM »
Babies shouldn't be circumcised

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2011, 09:28:29 AM »
Babies shouldn't be circumcised

Why?  Should just leave the umbilical cord on too?  :thumbup:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Scrapheap

« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2011, 12:23:25 PM »
Generlisations do not work , fact.

I wasn't making a generalization, I was stating a fact of how human infants are raised by their mothers. ALL of us have been brainwashed with no exceptions.

Again , if sexualisation of children is "just an opinion" why is it illegal to go and have sex with a 7 year old?

Because people with guns and badges say you can't do it. Once again, law is only force.

Law relies on fact , the Law is a fact , it is wrong to sexualise children , simple.

You mean the "fact" that it's OK to own people, the "fact" that a womans word is only worth 1/3 of a mans?? Laws are based on often stupid social constructs.

So what kind of evidence do you require?

Anything that would help prove that some kind of physical or psychological damage has actualy occured in this case.

Where have the pair of you backed yourselves up?

Neither of us has made a positive claim, therefore there's nothing to back up. All that I'm saying is that you've failed to meet YOUR burden of proof.

Scrapheap

« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »
Ok then you want evidence.

Here is an article on the affect of Airbrushing on Women: http://www.helium.com/items/1703323-airbrushing-and-body-image

http://ap.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/content/full/30/3/257

That is about eating disorders and ir particular:

At the same time, rates of some eating disorders in women, such as anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, are rising (3), and increasing numbers of men are seeking treatment as well (4). Patients are being referred at progressively younger ages (5). There is a significant dichotomy between society’s idealized rail-thin figure and the more typical American body. The reasons for this are complex and likely involve the interplay of media pressure to be thin, family eating and exercise patterns, and a relative surplus of non-nutritious food. Dietary restriction leads to a repetitive pattern of self-deprivation, which can result in bingeing, weight gain, and worsening self-image.

Although it is tempting to blame today’s media for perpetuating and glorifying unrealistic standards of physical beauty, the truth is far more complicated. Throughout history, the dominant political climate and cultural ideals always have shaped the public’s perception of the ideal female body type. However, today’s culture is unique in that the media (including television, Internet, movies, and print) is a far more powerful presence than ever before. This article gives examples of changing ideals over time, explores possible explanations for the relationship between obesity rates and the prevalence of eating disorders (including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating) and identifies possible avenues for prevention and change.

Effects of Plastic Surgery on society: http://www.slideshare.net/MrG/plastic-surgery-facts-statistics-and-effects-on-society

http://www.drfpalmer.com/teenagers_and_plastic_surgery.html

Yes, I have noticed a rather disturbing trend in the past several years where teens are asking for more radical, body-altering types of Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Procedures.  Not only are there more teens seeking surgery but the teens seem to be younger and younger.  In the past several years, we have been contacted, on numerous occasions, by 13 year-old’s asking for Breast Augmentation, Liposuction and major bone reshaping surgery of the face.  Many of these teens have indicated that their parents approved of the surgery because they had a similar procedure at the same age. 

Basically , if you brainwash a child with thinking plastic surgery is ok , there is a very high possibilty they will develop Anorexia , Bulemia etc etc , oh and are more likely to develop an addiction to plastic surgery.
I don't know why I had to point this out as due to the many news reports I would have thought both of you would have picked up on this.

This is the first thing you've said that resembles a logical argument. Congratulations Mollusk!  :clap:

Scrapheap

« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2011, 12:26:59 PM »
Yeah Scrap was hardly making a brilliantly backed-up argument by saying no real guys can "object to big boobs", which nobody was actually doing

So by his argument that makes me a woman because I am not attracted to boobs or anything remotely female.

:zoinks:  :vibrator:  :bounce:  :vibe:  :nerdy:

I was taking the piss. Excuse me for thinking you'd be smart enough to pick up on that.  ::)

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2011, 12:33:44 PM »
Once again , late to the party , wrong as always.  :thumbup:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Scrapheap

« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2011, 12:36:44 PM »
Once again , late to the party , wrong as always.  :thumbup:

More opinion stated as fact.  :wanker: