Educational

Author Topic: Have you seen this billboard?  (Read 2801 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Have you seen this billboard?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2011, 02:25:13 AM »
And yeah, what a creep.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2011, 04:02:06 AM »
I mustn't have posted it then. annoying. I probably didn't say anything that interesting anyway  :2thumbsup:

I think it is obviously gonna be terrible for any guy who wants the kid but whose gf/wife wants an abortion. But when it comes down to it, however shit it is for you, you should have NO control over her decision

Offline Enos

• Earliest Common Ancestor of the Aspie Elite
  • Frequent Poster
    • My facebook
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »
WTF?
If I was a man in his position I'd be pretty upset too but I wouldn't make creepy billboards like that. That's just fucking mental.

On the topic of men and abortion, I think people often ignore the man as if his opinion doesn't matter.  :dunno: It's kind of unfair.
Swat PETA, not flies

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 05:12:56 AM »
Either he doesn't know what happened the baby. She miscarried and dumped him and he did this. Or perhaps he doesn't know what happened the baby. She aborted their baby and dumped him and he did this.

Three things to consider

Is he a douchebag anyway for doing it? Yes.
Is she better off away from him and therefore dumping him a good move? Yes
Is it acceptable if she did abort their baby to do this? No

As to the whole women aborting a baby when the father is still wanting and prepared to be the Dad, I agree, a shitty, abhorrent act. Of course there is likely to be a number of what if the Father was a rapist and whatever but this is not the exceptions I am wanting to define. Couple wants a baby or trying for one. Things do not work out or Mother has a change of heart. Mother makes an executive decision because "it is her body". Father has no choice. It is fucking abhorrent and deplorable. In exactly the same way as a man encouraging his partner to abort a child of there's that she wants is deplorable.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 05:57:01 AM »
I'm of two minds here. Yes, I can understand if Dad is left wanting and think it's a shitty thing for Mum to do to make that executive decision without him. He wants it, she doesn't, or doesn't want it with him. Shitty, and I can understand why Dad is mad.

BUT, what if the pregnancy was an accident and she never wanted to be pregnant? People who don't plan to spend the rest of their lives sometimes have sex, and sometimes accidents happen. I can tell you from experience that you get some very mixed emotions when in that situation, from one extreme to the other, and it all takes some time to cope with, and it's all individual. What if they discussed keeping it but ultimately she didn't want to go through the pregnancy or have a child (doubts about the relationship, too young, whatever) while he did?

I think it should be her decision if that was the case. When in doubt and all that, it is her body.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 06:23:42 AM »
No matter what the circumstances that is just one fucking creepy stalker thing to do.  I hope the girl is well armed just in case
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 06:25:31 AM »
I think we can all agree that it is a terrible situation for the dad

but whatever the circumstances and whatever the reasons, it is still completely the mother's decision

I don't see how it is "abhorrent" though for a woman to have an abortion in ANY situation. She shouldn't have to give birth to it just because the dad wants her to.

When it comes down to it it is obviously going to be an executive decision - how else could it be? There are only two of them involved, so if they disagree then only one can have the final say, which obviously has to be the mother

Saying "it is her body so she makes the decision" clearly isn't gonna take away from the pain the father will feel, but whichever way you look at it, that is the case

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 06:26:38 AM »
btw I'm not saying it's cool for her to just go and abort it without telling him or anything. I think he at least deserves to discuss it with her. but it is still 100% down to her in the end

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 06:28:18 AM »
btw I'm not saying it's cool for her to just go and abort it without telling him or anything. I think he at least deserves to discuss it with her. but it is still 100% down to her in the end

:agreed:

"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 07:09:33 AM »
He obviously would have been a wonderful father, especially to a daughter.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 07:31:38 AM »
Let's hope that he won't ever have a daughter.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 07:41:30 AM »
You know even if she is 19 and he 35, in my opinion the difference between 17 to 19 in a woman is really not thta much. There seems to be a hell of a difference. Why would he be going after someone that young?
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 07:43:54 AM »
You know even if she is 19 and he 35, in my opinion the difference between 17 to 19 in a woman is really not thta much. There seems to be a hell of a difference. Why would he be going after someone that young?

The reason is usually because nobody his age will have him.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:11 AM »
There's nothing wrong with a 35 year old and a 19 year old being together

the problem here is that he's a cunt, not that he's 35

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 08:05:45 AM »
An Apology

Poked around and ABC news claims he doesn't know what happened with the baby.
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/national-news/tag/nani-lawrence

As for gormless, who knows. Articles say he's a college student running a home based computer repair business. Only says she's a student, likely still highschool; no mention of her marks. Hard to tell by looks; some pretty people are stupid too.

>
I should not have said the couple looked 'gormless'.  It was irrelevant.  I have a habit
of saying stuff that just pop's into my head.  I can't go back however and say 'i don't
think they look gormless'  as i can't help but think 'in a looking gormless contest' they
would be clear winners.    All i can say is that i should not have included this
thought into my post.

As is often the case,  the serious point in my post was overlooked. *

I have a history of making inappropriate jokes/ comments about people.  I tend to
take the piss out of myself more than anyone else and don't realise people
don't often see this and i end up just looking bitchy.
I have been pulled up about this IRL many times and have learned
to STFU and keep it to myself.  I should apply this lesson here  :hahaha:

*Anyway the serious part of my post -  going off topic a bit,  it was about the
fathers of aborted children.   Just want to say i am in no way condoning
that man's actions.  I must admit though i am curious about where so much
venom comes from. 

I can remember how it felt being pregnant. 

I know about 'motherly instict'  but have no clue at all as to what father's feel. 

I also recall how it felt, just thinking about someone causing harm to your unborn child.
There was an incident in my supermarket.  I can look back at it now and see it for
what it was  -  a woman in a rush knocking her trolly into pregnant woman's bump.
At the time i wanted to rip her fucking neck open for attempting to hurt my baby.

Do men also have that protective thing too?  I wouldn't normally want to kill someone
for crashing their trolly into me but i can tell you, it was just a natural reaction.

I do agree the law is correct that it should be a womans decision.  I feel, however,
that the man has a right to know if his child has been aborted.  If there is some
information on this at the hospital then he has every right to be given the
details.

One more thing -  he is 35 and she is 20  -  how does this make him a pervert?
If she was 15/16 then yeah fair enough!
blah blah blah