Educational

Author Topic: The reason for my (lack of) hostility towards Benji  (Read 7781 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: The reason for my (lack of) hostility towards Benji
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2016, 04:10:49 PM »
The only genuine nationalism in the US comes from the Native Americans. 
The native americans and amish are the only groups in the US allowed to be separatists, and they're a small portion of the population so their variety of nationalism doesn't represent what nationalism means in the US. Separatist forms nationalism place value on preserving the uniqueness of a specific group by means of separation. Civic nationalism places value on preserving the freedoms and rights of a nation's citizenship. Nationalists in the US are people who place value the founding principles of the United States, and appose government actions which conflict with those principles and oppress the republic for which it stands. As said before, Nationalism in the US doesn't seem to mean the same thing as some other places.

The Native Americans had their country stolen from them pretty much via genocide.  For the Europeans to be nationalists in the US is just a joke. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2016, 05:15:03 PM »
The native americans and amish are the only groups in the US allowed to be separatists, and they're a small portion of the population so their variety of nationalism doesn't represent what nationalism means in the US. Separatist forms nationalism place value on preserving the uniqueness of a specific group by means of separation. Civic nationalism places value on preserving the freedoms and rights of a nation's citizenship. Nationalists in the US are people who place value the founding principles of the United States, and appose government actions which conflict with those principles and oppress the republic for which it stands. As said before, Nationalism in the US doesn't seem to mean the same thing as some other places.

The Native Americans had their country stolen from them pretty much via genocide.  For the Europeans to be nationalists in the US is just a joke.
That's because you seem to only accept one meaning for nationalism. This does not discount the fact there are multiple forms of nationalism, nor discount what nationalism means in the US today. The concept of civic nationalism is distinct from all other forms of nationalism because it applies to a citizenship, regardless of their individual ethnicity or family origin. Americans will never be allowed to live down the Indians or slavery, just like the Germans will never be allowed to live down the Jews. Their descendants will carry those burdens for as long as people insist they do. Calling US citizens Europeans is absurd.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 05:18:44 PM by Jack »

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2016, 06:17:02 PM »
I value my native American ancestry, because I get the privilege of telling all you fuckers to go back to where you came from.   :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2016, 06:33:43 PM »
I value my native American ancestry, because I get the privilege of telling all you fuckers to go back to where you came from.   :zoinks:

You're a Varmint American and you came from a hole in the ground.  :hahaha: :trollskull:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2016, 06:35:29 PM »

You're a Varmint American and you came from a hole in the ground.  :hahaha: :trollskull:

Hush up and get off my property.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2016, 07:32:01 PM »
I'd also say that Africans have more right to the country over Europeans. 

Where the fuck do you get that shit??  Europeans were here almost 10,000 years ago.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

That's because you seem to only accept one meaning for nationalism. This does not discount the fact there are multiple forms of nationalism, nor discount what nationalism means in the US today. The concept of civic nationalism is distinct from all other forms of nationalism because it applies to a citizenship, regardless of their individual ethnicity or family origin. Americans will never be allowed to live down the Indians or slavery, just like the Germans will never be allowed to live down the Jews. Their descendants will carry those burdens for as long as people insist they do. Calling US citizens Europeans is absurd.

You show a curious tendency toward revealing the possibility that you may possibly posses a functioning brain in this exchange. (enough qualifiers?  :LOL:)

I like that.
 :worship:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 08:26:23 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #263 on: May 31, 2016, 04:58:56 AM »

Hush up and get off my property.  :zoinks:

Your property?  Do you pay taxes?  I didn't think so.   :odeon:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #264 on: May 31, 2016, 08:43:55 AM »

I know, I already acknowledged plastic nationalism.  Your argument is along the lines of a squatter defending the homes they stole, or a bunch of squatters from different countries defending the home they stole, which isn't really quite the same as the home owner defending their homes.  Americans will never be able to live down slavery because the Europeans constantly have guilt pumped into them by the Zio Joo elite, same with Germans, hence why they end up doing cartwheels and cheering when a million Africans and Arabs pour into their country.  And you prove the point by just mentioning "the Joooz".  Germans slaughtered the disabled, Soviets and Gypsies too. 
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #265 on: May 31, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »

Where the fuck do you get that shit??  Europeans were here almost 10,000 years ago.

Europeans chose to go there, Africans were forced.  I'm not talking about ancient history anyway, but modern borders and ethnic groups. 

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #266 on: May 31, 2016, 12:17:24 PM »

Europeans chose to go there, Africans were forced.  I'm not talking about ancient history anyway, but modern borders and ethnic groups.

Then by your own logic, Blacks should be patriotic to Africa, not America.

Oooh, of course African immigrants who came here willingly are exempt from this??

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2016, 02:38:19 PM »
What false narrative?
The false narrative is that a handful of criminals somehow represent the mentality of a nation.

Let Pappy answer himself.  Where does it say that the whole nation hates Muslims?  I just used the article to show that 9/11 stemmed the modern day Muslim hating, didn't say the whole country or world hates them but the US is definitely the worst for that i'd say, even though it's like half of the country is "liberal" and "left wing".  I do think Europe is catching up though, just look at the rise in votes for plastic nationalist parties.
Can post whatever I want, and Pappy is free to answer you if he wishes. The article refers to hate crime as a miasma, which implies an general oppressive stench in the air, stating specific instances of murderous hate crime have sent a message which has convinced millions of people their values are defendable at all costs, and portrays nations as speaking a language of violence which manifests as acts of violence and governments are slow to condemn those who do it. That's a lot more eloquent than saying it's pervasive, but the message is still there. You didn't specifically say the world or a country hates muslims, but you did say the average man on the street thinks of them mainly as terrorist. Have gotten the impression Nationalism and Patriotism don't mean the same thing in the US as other countries; they're not really synonymous with racism or separatism, so not viewed as a negative thing and there's a lot of it. So sometimes think people mistake national pride and patriotism in Americans as something it isn't. Understand why you used the article, and agree, in the US 9/11 is the reason for the increase in muslim victimization, but don't necessarily believe it stands out different or worse, or even much more likely, than any other minority victimization. Wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a problem in the UK than the US, because the US has long been ethnically diverse and multicultural, but European countries have a long history of being difficult for outsiders to gain permanent access or citizenship and now that's changed.

The only genuine nationalism in the US comes from the Native Americans.   I'd also say that Africans have more right to the country over Europeans.  I'm not exactly sure what the US has to be proud about.  Really?  Trump's success seems to have come from his anti-Muslim stance.  And look at all the wars involving the US against the Muslim world which around half the country supports.  Also the way viewers were crying and clapping at the end of "American Sniper" around the country.  The people of the US have always been coerced into hating/being scared of their main 'enemies".

How many generations do you think is the absolute minimum for genuine nationalism?

Perhaps you should ask that to "African Americans".

I'm asking you.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2016, 04:25:44 PM »

Then by your own logic, Blacks should be patriotic to Africa, not America.

Oooh, of course African immigrants who came here willingly are exempt from this??
Seems to be saying everyone should be patriotic to Africa. Unless of course there's an answer to the question of how many generations it takes for decedents to be considered genuine nationalist.

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2016, 04:28:39 PM »
Your argument is along the lines of a squatter defending the homes they stole, or a bunch of squatters from different countries defending the home they stole, which isn't really quite the same as the home owner defending their homes. 
Your argument is along the lines that no descendent of any migrant can ever be considered a legitimate part of any nation.

Americans will never be able to live down slavery because the Europeans constantly have guilt pumped into them by the Zio Joo elite, same with Germans, hence why they end up doing cartwheels and cheering when a million Africans and Arabs pour into their country.  And you prove the point by just mentioning "the Joooz".  Germans slaughtered the disabled, Soviets and Gypsies too.
It will never be lived down as long as anyone believes descendants are perpetrators.