Author Topic: Argue here  (Read 3722 times)

eris

Re: Argue here
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2011, 10:00:39 AM »
I find it funny that certain people will adopt an opposing opinion just for the sake of "not following the crowd". Ironically by doing that, they are still "following the crowd" by simply going with another crowd.

Humans are completely incapable of fully individual thought, so I find it funny to see people that fancy themselves as special snowflakes that are not influenced by others.

agreed. I think this is especially true with people who consider themselves special. " only cool people like THIS obscure stuff, so I must be cool"

and I dont really care what Benji says or does, its nice to have a lively chap around. Just dont really do the elder forum or posting the PM things and we will be cool ;)

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2011, 10:01:11 AM »
I find it funny that certain people will adopt an opposing opinion just for the sake of "not following the crowd". Ironically by doing that, they are still "following the crowd" by simply going with another crowd.

Humans are completely incapable of fully individual thought, so I find it funny to see people that fancy themselves as special snowflakes that are not influenced by others.

In other words, determinism.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #62 on: May 21, 2011, 10:03:33 AM »
I always assumed you WERE male.

:LOL:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: May 21, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
Bodie -

Nobody has ever said you are in a relationship with Benji or that you have feelings for Benji.  What I said was he picks a single female member and goes to work on her.  By "working his magic" on you I mean that he is engaging in thoughtful and intelligent conversation with you in PM, something that even you have to admit he is certainly not doing anywhere else on the boards, or in PM with anyone else either.

And it appears to be working inasmuch as he has you convinced that I2 is a group of bullies who gang up on certain members, or at least you say so to him directly when you plus his karma:

bodaccea (+406/-8)   benjimanbreeg (+103/-38)   +   you against a bandwagon   In topic   May 19, 2011, 03:04:44 PM

Now Boddi, show midwife for the tosser he is, and tell him who messaged who  :zoinks:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: May 21, 2011, 10:07:25 AM »

Tell me more about life schleed.   :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: May 21, 2011, 10:10:26 AM »
Maybe there was a reason why it seemed like the whole site was coming down on him? It's not about following the crowd, it's about calling out someone who's been behaving like a cunt, again and again.  You have the right to your opinion, obviously, but it seems to me that you are ignoring any behaviour that goes against your picture of him.

People think i'm a cunt, and people think you're a cunt.  Kapeesh?  This is an internet forum, i'm not gonna talk about flowers and fairgrounds.

I would hope you fucking didn't  :laugh:

My take (Simply put)

* You can be pretty fucking funny, witty and insightful  :thumbup:
* You can be a complete asshat (and all that entails) :thumbdn:
* You are shit at backing yourself and make a lot of generalisations and allusions and seem to skew things all kinds of fanciful ways  :thumbdn:
* You do defend yourself and don't run from what is put to you  :thumbup:

Overall? Meh...no real problem.
A lot of people think that I write a lot, am an arsehole, have silly values and argue over fuck all. They may be right.
That said I expect people will pull me up when they think I am in the wrong and I don't have an issue here and i expect that if I think others are in the wrong that I will take it to them too. It doesn't matter to me if i take an unpopular stance and get attacked for it. Nor do I feel bad taking it to someone making an unpopular stance regardless of what others do.

I won't agree with you with everything you say Benji and i will likely argue with you a bit. No biggie.

Well midwfie said you always say it how it is, so that must all be true  :orly:  I don't think anyone's opinion of me is valid though, not even my own.  We need paranoidms elle to use her cereal box degree in psychology and analyze me  :thumbup:

eris

« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2011, 10:11:56 AM »
you are good at making up mocking names

do mine !!!

( i liked eclairs... she called me eeris :D )

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2011, 10:13:38 AM »

In other words, determinism.

Not exactly, although I'm not much into philosophy. Just the social nature of humans, where even things like the basis of teaching involves copying others or their work (even subconsciously) as inspiration for your own.

Tell me more about life schleed.   :zoinks:

It sucks. :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #69 on: May 21, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »
Now Boddi, show midwife for the tosser he is, and tell him who messaged who  :zoinks:

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  She has messaged me as well, does that mean I too am as special as you?  It seems to me that she doesn't want to be dragged into this.

And I am no "Alpha Male", far too spazzy to even try.  :autism:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2011, 10:23:25 AM »
you are good at making up mocking names

do mine !!!

( i liked eclairs... she called me eeris :D )

Don't put me on the spot like that  :orly:  You have to piss me off first  :zoinks:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: May 21, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »

I have no idea what that is supposed to mean.  She has messaged me as well, does that mean I too am as special as you?  It seems to me that she doesn't want to be dragged into this.

And I am no "Alpha Male", far too spazzy to even try.  :autism:

Don't squirm again, how's this relationship ever gonna work if we're not honest with each other!?   :M  You know full well what you meant, you thought I messaged Boddi.  Don't get jealous, you'll always be the...

midlifeaspie

« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »
Don't squirm again, how's this relationship ever gonna work if we're not honest with each other!?   :M  You know full well what you meant, you thought I messaged Boddi.

Actually, if you would flex those third grade reading skills you would see exactly what I said.

By "working his magic" on you I mean that he is engaging in thoughtful and intelligent conversation with you in PM, something that even you have to admit he is certainly not doing anywhere else on the boards, or in PM with anyone else either.

Who messaged who is completely irrelevant.  It is interesting how you keep making leaps of logic based only on your own experiences.  Very aspie.  :thumbup:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2011, 10:37:29 AM »
Maybe there was a reason why it seemed like the whole site was coming down on him? It's not about following the crowd, it's about calling out someone who's been behaving like a cunt, again and again.  You have the right to your opinion, obviously, but it seems to me that you are ignoring any behaviour that goes against your picture of him.

People think i'm a cunt, and people think you're a cunt.  Kapeesh?  This is an internet forum, i'm not gonna talk about flowers and fairgrounds.

In english?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #74 on: May 21, 2011, 10:38:58 AM »
Bodie -

Nobody has ever said you are in a relationship with Benji or that you have feelings for Benji.  What I said was he picks a single female member and goes to work on her.  By "working his magic" on you I mean that he is engaging in thoughtful and intelligent conversation with you in PM, something that even you have to admit he is certainly not doing anywhere else on the boards, or in PM with anyone else either.

And it appears to be working inasmuch as he has you convinced that I2 is a group of bullies who gang up on certain members, or at least you say so to him directly when you plus his karma:

bodaccea (+406/-8)   benjimanbreeg (+103/-38)   +   you against a bandwagon   In topic   May 19, 2011, 03:04:44 PM

OK just so I can follow this.
I presumed that the person here who is the "new piece of meat" or whatever is going on in signatures over there on WP was you
So I inferred that your comments about who Benji was "apparently" working magic on was you.
I further assumed that Bodie of the wrong end of the stick in what she saw was a diorect reference made to her as being "influenced by Benji and "worked on" or whatever.
Is this actually really the case? You were thinking that Bodie was in fact being influenced by Benji on the basis that she saw a bit of a gang up or pile on?
If so not only do I REALLY disagree and not see it but I think it is pretty presumptuous.
From her perspective and her opinion if she sees a lot of people getting down on Benji individually and at the same time it will look like a ganging up regardless of whether it is or not. Whether she says on the board or by PM or in a karma description, it sounds like her opinion.
What you insinuated is that she has been "groomed or coached or led" by Benji and formed this opinion which differs to you (and me for that matter) by Benji.
THAT is something that you probably need to back.
The relationship or whatever? Nah I think you did not allude THAT far but you did allude to him "grooming or coaching or leading" her. Different opinion and perspective or not, I think you draw a fairly long string on this one and I would be keen to see how you back the insinuation.

Simply put. From what little I know of Bodie I doubt this is the case and i think you are unlikely to be able to back this. I would like to see you explain this though.

I would hope you fucking didn't  :laugh:

My take (Simply put)

* You can be pretty fucking funny, witty and insightful  :thumbup:
* You can be a complete asshat (and all that entails) :thumbdn:
* You are shit at backing yourself and make a lot of generalisations and allusions and seem to skew things all kinds of fanciful ways  :thumbdn:
* You do defend yourself and don't run from what is put to you  :thumbup:

Overall? Meh...no real problem.
A lot of people think that I write a lot, am an arsehole, have silly values and argue over fuck all. They may be right.
That said I expect people will pull me up when they think I am in the wrong and I don't have an issue here and i expect that if I think others are in the wrong that I will take it to them too. It doesn't matter to me if i take an unpopular stance and get attacked for it. Nor do I feel bad taking it to someone making an unpopular stance regardless of what others do.

I won't agree with you with everything you say Benji and i will likely argue with you a bit. No biggie.

Well midwfie said you always say it how it is, so that must all be true  :orly:  I don't think anyone's opinion of me is valid though, not even my own.  We need paranoidms elle to use her cereal box degree in psychology and analyze me  :thumbup:

I have no idea what you are saying here...again.
Are you saying that it MUST be true BECAUSE MLA says so? If so why?
Are you saying that it MUST be true AND he says so? If so why?
Are you saying you believe it to be so and you note he agrees on this and you are talking shorthand?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:43:38 AM by Al Swearengen »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap