Author Topic: 999 abuse  (Read 584 times)

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
999 abuse
« on: May 04, 2011, 02:29:40 PM »
maybe you dial  000  112  911 or 999 :police:

Most places have an emergency number to get urgent assistance.  In the Uk it's 999 for all emergencies and then the oporator asks 
"police, fire or ambulance?"

I have a male friend, my age, who still lives round the corner from my mum's who for years and years was a 'technician' in a
two man ambulance crew.   A 'technician' is not as highly ranked as a 'paramedic' but eventually my mate passed his exams
and as he rides a motorbike anyway, he became one of the 'rapid response team' 

He would be sent out ahead of ambulances - advantage being weaving in and out of traffic, and  the ability to reach more
inaccessible locations.  These rapid response paramedic's are fully equipped with life saving equipment, but obviously are unable
to transfer the patient to hospital.  Basically in a life and death situation they are capable of making someone 'stable'
until the crew in the ambulance arrive who might be stuck in traffic.

:angel:  Methinks....A valuable asset, and good all round public hero?...

I saw him when i visited my mum today.   It was a shock.  He had  "a face full of stitches"    wtf?
He had been 'glassed' while out on a call???  wtf?

He tells me this is a common occurance and he was regularly assaulted during his time on the ambulances!

Apparently police, fire and ambulance crews are being attacked more and more... why?

I don't condone attacks on police, but i can see how some of their work can be very confrontational - but  firemen and paramedics? 
i am baffled by this.   Despite living in 'scumsville' and a place where "nobody talks to the filth (a.k.a the police)"  :police:  I have never heard
of anyone with a reason to attack fire and medical staff? :nono: :nono:

I have often tinkered around with the idea of deliberately climbing a tree and getting 'stuck'  -  just so i can call the fire brigade and
suffer the inconvenience of being rescued by a big burly bunch of men.   "heeylp"  in a penelope pitstop voice.   :lutra: :lol:
The only 'trees' in this concrete rabbit warren where i live are at the back, and are 4ft tall.  I am waiting for them to 'grow'....
:eyebrows:  :eyebrows:

Apart from that little daydream of mine, i would never abuse the emergency services.

Is this going on around the world or is it something that just happens here?... anybody know why?

The saddest thing, my mate,  he decided to quit his job as he can earn more money delivering small parcels on his motorbike.

That is shit.
  :poop:
blah blah blah

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: 999 abuse
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 02:31:45 PM »

That is fucked up. One day those assholes will need help.

TheoK

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
I'm not very found of cops, but the attacks on firemen and ambulance people are done by "enrichers".  :thumbdn:

Osensitive1

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 02:41:27 PM »
Never heard of such a thing. Can't imagine a reason why.

"enrichers"
Explain enrichers.

TheoK

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »

"enrichers"
Explain enrichers.

Immigrants, preferrably from the Middle East and Africa. Swedish PC politicians call immigration from Third World countries for "enrichment".  :facepalm2:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 03:06:55 PM »

"enrichers"
Explain enrichers.

Immigrants, preferrably from the Middle East and Africa. Swedish PC politicians call immigration from Third World countries for "enrichment".  :facepalm2:

but why are these 'enricher's'  doing this?  is it alcohol related dya think?
blah blah blah

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 03:08:53 PM »
I wonder if the person who cut your friend's face was someone who was mentally unstable, drunk, and / or high on drugs, Bodaccea?

Otherwise, I can't imagine why people would deliberately hurt a first responder like your friend if they were in their right minds.

Psychophant

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 03:14:32 PM »
It does happen and is considered one of the risks of the job.  That's why part of our training is to assess the situation FIRST, before even walking in.  If it looks dicey, call for backup or wait till the rest of the crew arrives.   You can't protect yourself all the time, but you can reduce the risk.  I've been spat on, yelled at, had people try to claw/punch/kick me.   It can be scary being a first responder. 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 03:17:35 PM »
It does happen and is considered one of the risks of the job.  That's why part of our training is to assess the situation FIRST, before even walking in.  If it looks dicey, call for backup or wait till the rest of the crew arrives.   You can't protect yourself all the time, but you can reduce the risk.  I've been spat on, yelled at, had people try to claw/punch/kick me.   It can be scary being a first responder. 

Do you know what makes some people hurt first responders like yourself, Psychophant?

TheoK

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 03:19:53 PM »

"enrichers"
Explain enrichers.

Immigrants, preferrably from the Middle East and Africa. Swedish PC politicians call immigration from Third World countries for "enrichment".  :facepalm2:

but why are these 'enricher's'  doing this?  is it alcohol related dya think?

No, they want to show their despise for Western culture and society. That's the thank for getting a haven in Europe.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:49 PM »
Happens in ER's too. And with doctors making housecalls in the weekends.

Some go in for robbing meds I guess. Then there is booze, drugs, and of course when you have to help out in a fight, people you need to help, and those around them are on edge.

Sucks big time. But is a well known "risk" of the job indeed. There's also people not agreeing with how the paramedics or medics deal with the situation. They think they know better, and use violence to make their point clear.

And then there is the crowd that wants to be first hand witness of what is happening. They do not always react gently on being told to make room for the people who are there to help.

The world is fucked up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 04:07:56 PM »
Crazy people do crazy things.  I was with friends once and slowed down when we saw a guy with his face all messed up and bleeding to see if he needed help he attacked the car without a word being exchanged
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »
Immigrants, preferrably from the Middle East and Africa. Swedish PC politicians call immigration from Third World countries for "enrichment".  :facepalm2:
Thanks, Theo.

Psychophant

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »

Do you know what makes some people hurt first responders like yourself, Psychophant?

Drugs, alcohol, mental illness, dementia,.............take your pick.   Some situations, you automatically assume the worst and prepare.  Some people are just fucking crazy.  :screwy:

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 04:18:51 PM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/panorama/6390377.stm

i have found a few stories like this.

Psychophant is :viking:
blah blah blah