Author Topic: Osama Bin Laden is dead  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »
I'm in two minds about this.

On one hand , I am glad he's dead , he did deserve to die plus it may weaken Al Quaida temporarily.

On the other , they shouldn't have killed him straight away , I mean they could have interrogated the guy and found out more about the Al Quaida operations THEN execute him if they must.

Idk I just thnk there was information to be obtained from his capture rather than the gratification of his death.  :dunno:

I believe the orders were bring him in alive if possible.  The fact was that he resisted and there was a shoot out.  Better to have killed him while getting an opportunity
than risk him loose another ten years.  I wonder what will happen to the 25 million bounty that was on his head?  will that go to whoever fired the shot?

True , but I can't shake the feeling that someone was a tad trigger happy.

*whispers to squiddeh...Americano's - they never slow on the trigger?

We're talking about SEAL Team Six here. They're the very best of the best, the most professional of the professional.

If it was possible to take him alive, he'd be alive today.

???  the best of the Americans?  Na, they were always gonna kill him.  And it would be silly keeping him alive anyway, we'd have his followers taking hostages, and demanding his release etc.

:agreed:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 06:17:01 PM »

On one hand , I am glad he's dead , he did deserve to die plus it may weaken Al Quaida temporarily.

On the other , they shouldn't have killed him straight away , I mean they could have interrogated the guy and found out more about the Al Quaida operations THEN execute him if they must.

Idk I just thnk there was information to be obtained from his capture rather than the gratification of his death.  :dunno:

I believe the orders were bring him in alive if possible.  The fact was that he resisted and there was a shoot out.  Better to have killed him while getting an opportunity
than risk him loose another ten years.  I wonder what will happen to the 25 million bounty that was on his head?  will that go to whoever fired the shot?

We're talking about SEAL Team Six here. They're the very best of the best, the most professional of the professional.

I have heard the American Seal teams are bloody good.

Heard the Australian SAS were the best of the best though " Lt. Gen. Frank Hagenbeck (US Military), Coalition Commander in Afghanistan, had to say about the Australian SAS during "Operation Anaconda" --

LT GEN FRANK HAGENBECK: You had to have someone there on the ground that could see and hear and smell and pick up the sense of the battlefield of what was going on and we were very much dependent upon the Aussies, certainly in that part of the battlefield....I tell you, I would not have wanted to do that operation without the Australian SAS's folks on that ridge line. I mean, they made it happen that day....The Australian SAS displayed those kinds of things that make them the elite, in my view, of small unit infantry men throughout the world. And that's autonomy, independence, tenacity that they will never ever be defeated. "

Then against I have heard that there have been similar things said about British SAS, French Foreign Legion and Spetsnaz. I understand too that the Indian special forces and Candian Special forces are top notch.  :dunno:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 06:23:57 PM »
Americans do like to say "best in the world", but thats usually when they forget their's other countries out there.  They do make a lot of fuck ups too, like friendly fires.  They've got the firepower for sure and have had the best training money can buy.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »

I have heard the American Seal teams are bloody good.

Heard the Australian SAS were the best of the best though " Lt. Gen. Frank Hagenbeck (US Military), Coalition Commander in Afghanistan, had to say about the Australian SAS during "Operation Anaconda" --

LT GEN FRANK HAGENBECK: You had to have someone there on the ground that could see and hear and smell and pick up the sense of the battlefield of what was going on and we were very much dependent upon the Aussies, certainly in that part of the battlefield....I tell you, I would not have wanted to do that operation without the Australian SAS's folks on that ridge line. I mean, they made it happen that day....The Australian SAS displayed those kinds of things that make them the elite, in my view, of small unit infantry men throughout the world. And that's autonomy, independence, tenacity that they will never ever be defeated. "

Then against I have heard that there have been similar things said about British SAS, French Foreign Legion and Spetsnaz. I understand too that the Indian special forces and Candian Special forces are top notch.  :dunno:
This is related, but in a second cousin twice removed way.  Anyway,  i was reading about WW1,  have a distant relative who was one of the fallen in Belgium.  A combined Australian and British Team tunneled down,  past the depth of the trenches,  down, down and then across and underneath the German trenches, they dug out huge pockets under the enemy and packed
them with explosives.  They had to do this in pitch darkness,  and they had to be silent.  It took a year and a half.  I think they made 21 of these pockets (one failed to detonate and is still there).  One rainy day,  the order was given and  "BOOM"  it was one of the loudest non nuclear explosions ever, and could be heard in France!  They actually changed the landscape!  Ten thousand German's killed at once.... fucking brilliant.... cus trench warfare was the pits!

Oh and b.t.w  another elite force you would want on your side  =  The Gurkhas    http://www.eliteukforces.info/gurkhas/
blah blah blah

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2011, 09:18:09 AM »
They're worried about showing his picture now, and I can't understand why, but they weren't shy about showing Saddam, just shows what a "threat" Saddam was.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:14 AM »
They're worried about showing his picture now, and I can't understand why, but they weren't shy about showing Saddam, just shows what a "threat" Saddam was.

They worry too much about being PC.  Fuck they killed him how PC was that :screwy:

George Bernard Shaw

midlifeaspie

« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 09:21:35 AM »

The US government did not release photos of a dead Saddam.  They released photos of Uday and Qusay after they had been cleaned up and they were not terribly graphic.  Osama reportedly lost a large portion of his head.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 09:24:22 AM »

The US government did not release photos of a dead Saddam.  They released photos of Uday and Qusay after they had been cleaned up and they were not terribly graphic.  Osama reportedly lost a large portion of his head.

They laid them out and had all the soldiers pass by too.  My niece saw them

George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 09:28:09 AM »
You don't look very good after some bullets from a sub-machine gun in your head or a hit from a missile.  :eyebrows:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 09:40:31 AM »

They worry too much about being PC.  Fuck they killed him how PC was that :screwy:

Exactly  ::)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2011, 09:42:29 AM »

Ok, well they were showing him alive, they would never have even let osama live.  And see him in trial and stuff, no way. 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2011, 11:42:36 AM »

My husband thinks they will release Osama's pictures when the debt ceiling debate in Congress heats up again.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2011, 11:47:30 AM »
probably

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Dead piece of shit  :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2011, 01:26:44 AM »
I heard on the radio that Osama bin Laden had plans to attack America's train network in September, right around the 11th.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae