Author Topic: Anonymous WP user, direct your flak here.  (Read 20087 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Anonymous WP user, direct your flak here.
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2011, 03:22:57 PM »
He will be the last one laughing on Mars  :LOL:

Once his meds kick in he might be there before he is 30.

I don't take any meds and nor do I need any. I'm going to help create a spacefaring civilization by designing spacecraft which will use less fuel, be able to be converted into space stations (the massive helium reservoirs would be able to be converted into chambers and the ships themselves be building blocks to centrifugal stations).

How would you get them up there to begin with?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2011, 03:24:10 PM »

I don't take any meds and nor do I need any. I'm going to help create a spacefaring civilization by designing spacecraft which will use less fuel, be able to be converted into space stations (the massive helium reservoirs would be able to be converted into chambers and the ships themselves be building blocks to centrifugal stations).

:LMAO:

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2011, 03:29:34 PM »

The lighter-than-air spacecraft would have their primary stage be ascension via buoyancy. Now, that in itself is not going into orbit, but merely gaining altitude. A valve system would be in place to have the helium reservoirs decrease in pressure with increasing altitude so that density remains a near constant. Once the maximum altitude through buoyancy has been reached, then conventional propulsion systems would be used to ascend into orbit. With increasing altitude there is less air density which will allow for a more efficient usage of fuel, also it means that the conventional propulsion would be used once a fair bit of potential energy is already imparted to the ship.

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2011, 03:30:53 PM »

:LOL:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31:08 PM »

The lighter-than-air spacecraft would have their primary stage be ascension via buoyancy. Now, that in itself is not going into orbit, but merely gaining altitude. A valve system would be in place to have the helium reservoirs decrease in pressure with increasing altitude so that density remains a near constant. Once the maximum altitude through buoyancy has been reached, then conventional propulsion systems would be used to ascend into orbit. With increasing altitude there is less air density which will allow for a more efficient usage of fuel, also it means that the conventional propulsion would be used once a fair bit of potential energy is already imparted to the ship.

A dirigible with rockets.  A wonder that NASA never thought of that.  Good thing the world has uneducated science fiction buffs to tackle all the real-world problems.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #365 on: August 19, 2011, 03:32:26 PM »

Sorry but no go. Those conventional propulsion systems would have to be lifted up there, which would take a lot more lifting power than what was available.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #366 on: August 19, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »

I bet he believes something ridiculous like Jesus existing too.  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #367 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:06 PM »

Sorry but no go. Those conventional propulsion systems would have to be lifted up there, which would take a lot more lifting power than what was available.

Cube-square law.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #368 on: August 19, 2011, 03:34:12 PM »

First he will use his shrink-ray on the fuel and propulsion systems, then when he gets to altitude he will zap it back to full mass and away he goes.  Rocket Man!!!

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #369 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »

First he will use his shrink-ray on the fuel and propulsion systems, then when he gets to altitude he will zap it back to full mass and away he goes.  Rocket Man!!!

GO GO PARAKEET RANGERS.
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2011, 03:37:24 PM »
Burning out his fuse up there alone  :autism:

Offline VenatorDraconum

• Frequent Poster
  • iamnotaparakeet
« Reply #371 on: August 19, 2011, 03:38:35 PM »

A dirigible with rockets.  A wonder that NASA never thought of that.  Good thing the world has uneducated science fiction buffs to tackle all the real-world problems.

So, NASA has tried to do this how many years ago?

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #372 on: August 19, 2011, 03:39:15 PM »
In space no one can hear you..........pray?..... ???

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #373 on: August 19, 2011, 03:39:30 PM »

Cube-square law.

Er, no. Do the math. It's been thought of and rejected by quite a few people. You wouldn't be able to lift the propulsion stage nowhere near high enough with anything that would stand that thin an atmosphere. This is a basic exercise for physics students.

- Albert Einstein

midlifeaspie

« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2011, 03:39:34 PM »

So, NASA has tried to do this how many years ago?

They haven't.  They have math so they don't have to do stupid things to figure out they are impossible