Educational

Author Topic: Wokking the dog.  (Read 2108 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: Wokking the dog.
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2011, 09:19:10 PM »
I do consider it morally fucked up to steal family pets, particularly so if the intent is to eat them.
I agree, for most any intent.

I would also say it is fucked up to steal the neighbors chickens, pigs or cows and eat them as well.

Osensitive1

« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2011, 09:20:34 PM »
Indeed. :)

P7PSP

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2011, 09:22:37 PM »
I do consider it morally fucked up to steal family pets, particularly so if the intent is to eat them.

I would also say it is fucked up to steal the neighbors chickens, pigs or cows and eat them as well.
I agree, but I consider stealing pets worse.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »

I agree, but I consider stealing pets worse.
:agreed:

Binty

« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
::)

You guys should watch Earthlings.

If I watch it will I earn enough cred to be allowed to be offended?  What if I just watch half of it?  Just dogs but not cats?  Other way around?

Animals are animals.  Just because chickens aren't as cute and fluffy as cats or dogs does it mean they're allowed to be kept in tightly packed cages?

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to be offended.  It is horrific.  But it's not okay when you argue that cows or chickens deserve such treatment because they've been labelled by us as merely food and not a living, breathing creature.

Second time you've avoided responding to me in this thread  ::)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

If I watch it will I earn enough cred to be allowed to be offended?  What if I just watch half of it?  Just dogs but not cats?  Other way around?

Animals are animals.  Just because chickens aren't as cute and fluffy as cats or dogs does it mean they're allowed to be kept in tightly packed cages?

I'm not saying you aren't allowed to be offended.  It is horrific.  But it's not okay when you argue that cows or chickens deserve such treatment because they've been labelled by us as merely food and not a living, breathing creature.

Are you looking for an argument?  I don't see the possibility of changing your position, do you presume you can change mine?

Binty

« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2011, 09:42:40 PM »

Are you looking for an argument?  I don't see the possibility of changing your position, do you presume you can change mine?

No but an acknowledgement of my post would have been nice.  Especially after your little dig at me.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2011, 09:46:40 PM »

No but an acknowledgement of my post would have been nice.  Especially after your little dig at me.

I acknowledge your post.  The inhumane treatment of animals is awful.  I spent a dozen years in veterinary medicine and was once a vegetarian myself.  It didn't work for me as a permanent solution so I do my best to stick to cruelty-free products as much as I can.

That said, eating someone's pet cat is much, much worse than eating a chicken kept in a battery cage.  My opinion, and can't be changed as I have already devoted years to developing it.

Binty

« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2011, 09:54:44 PM »

I acknowledge your post.  The inhumane treatment of animals is awful.  I spent a dozen years in veterinary medicine and was once a vegetarian myself.  It didn't work for me as a permanent solution so I do my best to stick to cruelty-free products as much as I can.

That said, eating someone's pet cat is much, much worse than eating a chicken kept in a battery cage.  My opinion, and can't be changed as I have already devoted years to developing it.

Fair enough.