Educational

Author Topic: Wokking the dog.  (Read 2125 times)

P7PSP

Re: Wokking the dog.
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:11 PM »
I already knew this, but still.... :rage:
Me too. It got me thinking of that douchebag in Canada that killed 100 dogs in two days.  :thumbdn:
OTOH I have not made any pretense of objectivity in this thread. 
Didn't see my viewpoint as objective either but rather yes or no. Your moral connection to the guy with the 100 dogs could inspire a very different conversation than, does one eat meat or not. Maybe next time though.
I did not make the claim that eating dogs is morally the same as that idiot slaughtering 100 dogs. What brought that comparison to mind was the number of dogs combined with the claim that many of these animals are family pets. "The dogs, many apparently stolen from their owners," did you miss that part? Where I did use the term bad conduct I was comparing eating oatmeal with eating dogs.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »

I was comparing eating oatmeal with eating dogs.

Quote taken out of context FTW!

Osensitive1

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2011, 06:58:07 PM »
I did not make the claim that eating dogs is morally the same as that idiot slaughtering 100 dogs.
Of course not. You just stated the connection you made, which could be viewed as a moral one. Really, don't know the story of the guy with the dogs; just guessing it wasn't nice and not for food. So may have misunderstood a purely visceral reaction as something else.
What brought that comparison to mind was the number of dogs combined with the claim that many of these animals are family pets. "The dogs, many apparently stolen from their owners," did you miss that part?
Yes, missed. Stealing people's pets is another topic though and one which most agree, so not sure I would have touched on it anyway, but it does explain your connection well.
Where I did use the term bad conduct I was comparing eating oatmeal with eating dogs.
Not really sure what that means.

P7PSP

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »
That whole "promoting bodily warmth in the winter" thing is stupid anyway.  It was my mother's reason for making me choke down
oatmeal  :sick:  so many winter mornings. Think about it, no matter how hot your breakfast is, it won't STAY hot in your stomach for
hours afterward and warm your entire body like a furnace.  Don't they have COATS in China?  :duh:
I didn't realize that promoting bodily warmth was such a widespread excuse for bad conduct.
This is the post where I used the term "bad conduct" Jack.

Osensitive1

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2011, 07:01:55 PM »
Yes. I see. Thanks.

P7PSP

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »
Here is the thread about the guy slaughtering 100 dogs. http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,16582.0.html

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
im not gonna u-turn on what i said.

i find it uncivilized.

i  find eating dog meat uncivilized.

stealing  peoples pet's, to be slaughtered and eaten is uncivilized.

to me

i just find it strange that anyone would find eating a stolen pet appealing. :dunno:
blah blah blah

Celticgoddess

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2011, 07:21:18 PM »
Why do some people thinking screwing small children is appealing? Why do some people think murdering someone is appealing? There's just some screwed up people out there.  :dunno:

P7PSP

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »

i find it uncivilized.

to me

i just find it strange that anyone would find eating a stolen pet appealing. :dunno:
The one guy I have known who had eaten dog was a Filipino who had done it as a kid because it is a cultural thing there. It is not a cultural thing that I grok but Albert was a decent guy, not a pet thief, and not like the guy in Canada IMO. I'm not posting this to try and change your mind.  :thumbup:

Osensitive1

« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
i find it uncivilized.
to me
:) That's fine too. Happen to think the same about all animals.  Like I said; just need to shut up about it.

Why do some people thinking screwing small children is appealing? Why do some people think murdering someone is appealing? There's just some screwed up people out there.  :dunno:
Appealing? No. Apologies if I was misunderstood.

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »
Professor Chang Jiwen of the Chinese Academy of the Social Sciences is one of the law's top campaigners. "Cats and dogs are loyal friends to humans," he said. "A ban on eating them would show China has reached a new level of civilization."
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-03-09/world/china.animals_1_dog-meat-cats-and-dogs-number-of-pet-owners?_s=PM:WORLD

In this CNN article it says that the Chinese Gov are drafting up laws to ban cat/dog meat.  It is likely to take upto
ten years to become law.  

The Gov also ordered all restaurants and hotels to take cat/dog off the menu during the Bejing olympics, in area's
where there would be a lot of visitors?

Why would they do that?
blah blah blah

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:56 PM »
Professor Chang Jiwen of the Chinese Academy of the Social Sciences is one of the law's top campaigners. "Cats and dogs are loyal friends to humans," he said. "A ban on eating them would show China has reached a new level of civilization."
http://articles.cnn.com/2010-03-09/world/china.animals_1_dog-meat-cats-and-dogs-number-of-pet-owners?_s=PM:WORLD

In this CNN article it says that the Chinese Gov are drafting up laws to ban cat/dog meat.  It is likely to take upto
ten years to become law.  

The Gov also ordered all restaurants and hotels to take cat/dog off the menu during the Bejing olympics, in area's

Why would they do that?

Probably because they know the practice of eating dogs and cats will seem alien and alienating  to many tourists.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

midlifeaspie

« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:40 PM »

ten years to become law.  

Why would they do that?

Because it would gross all the Westerners out.  Eating carnivores is not only unappetizing, but places you at a much higher risk of contracting parasites compared to herbivore meat.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2011, 07:47:59 PM »

Why do some people thinking screwing small children is appealing? Why do some people think murdering someone is appealing? There's just some screwed up people out there.  :dunno:
Appealing? No. Apologies if I was misunderstood.
I wasn't responding to you, Jack. Boddacea was talking about appealing. :)

Offline bodie

• News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »

>

>

>

>
I take it back now,  me saying 'uncivilized'