Educational

Author Topic: The right to bear arms  (Read 18990 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: The right to bear arms
« Reply #705 on: June 10, 2018, 02:53:29 PM »
The way it can happen pretty much everywhere. I'm more interested in you explaining how your school shootings are still allowed to continue.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #706 on: June 10, 2018, 04:00:42 PM »
I'm confused why they're seen as a negative thing.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #707 on: June 10, 2018, 04:02:30 PM »
 :lol1:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #708 on: July 26, 2018, 06:47:46 PM »
I find all the "the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun" and the whole propaganda exercise that living in a society awash with guns makes you safe.... more than a little stupid.

As a freedom issue I certainly get it. It's a lot like how motor vehicles and the right to drive results in a lot of people getting killed. Would I give up the right to drive a motor vehicle and to own as many cars as I want if I knew that it would prevent many needless deaths? Hell no!
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #709 on: July 26, 2018, 06:58:53 PM »
I find all the "the only way to stop a bad man with a gun is a good man with a gun" and the whole propaganda exercise that living in a society awash with guns makes you safe.... more than a little stupid.

And yet there's thousands of cases just like that. Most of them don't make the news because the good guy pulls his gun and the bad guy slinks away.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #710 on: July 27, 2018, 01:50:24 AM »
How do you know?

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #711 on: July 27, 2018, 05:06:21 AM »

And yet there's thousands of cases just like that. Most of them don't make the news because the good guy pulls his gun and the bad guy slinks away.

Then there are cases (local news - Indiana loves THIS stuff) where a seventy something grandma alarmed by an intruder who broke into her house, confronts him with her pistol, instead of just crying, screaming and getting the shit beat out of herself. With help from a police dog they found the bad guy a few blocks away bleeding.

OH, there was even more recently an old man who "stood his ground"  AND  "kept the peace!"  That old fucker was a better shot, however; no more bad guy to deal with.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 05:12:22 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #712 on: July 27, 2018, 06:26:11 AM »
Maybe I should mention that I do know a bit about using a firearm, myself.

Four times in my life I have used a firearm to diffuse an escalating situation.
I know I have posted about the three guys in Nashville trying to steal my girlfriend's purse at a downtown music/art thing. I told them to just let her go - they had blades - and I will give them my wallet, just let her go. I "fumbled" in my car for a few seconds and came out with my gun and fired two shots at their feet. They screamed and ran like hell. That was nothing more tan a tiny detective special wheel gun I had brought that day.

Another time I actually fired my weapon near a human being was when a dumbass "neighbor" was approaching me from about three hundred feet away shooting at me with his shotgun. I was being peppered all around, but nothing left of his birdshot at that range to do me any damage. That afternoon I was preparing for another night of watching over our stables. The night before I had shot and killed this guy's dog while it was running with a dangerous pack of feral dogs, which were trying to get to a newborn colt.
I was set up with my two million candle power spot light, which I tried first btw and my Weatherby 30-06. After his third shot I picked up my scope sighted rifle and noticed that he had layed his box of shot shells on the hood of his truck. I blew it up with one shot. Ever seen what a 30-06 from a hundred yards can do to a box of shotgun shells? Fucking amazing, even if only two or three actually exploded.

The other two times my weapon kept me from being embarrassed, I never fired the weapons. One time, driving back from the beach I picked up two hitch hikers. No big deal. You do that for "brothers" who are on foot. t was a couple and about ten minutes into the ride back to civilization, the girl in the front seat stuck a knife in my throat while I was driving, told me they were taking the car.  Now this was the stupidest car I ever owned, '72 green Datsun that my wife (EX-wife at that time) insisted we buy for her. Anyway, I ended up with it and there was literally no place to hide a gun except right by the driver's near the floor. I was scared but I told them I had to stop the car and pulled out my .44 magnum, stuck in her ear and asked the guy how he wanted this to go - I know - retarded, but it was all I could think of to say. I stopped the car, they got out leaving me with her big ass knife. I tossed the damn thing out about another mile or so down the road.

Only other time, was A bunch of punks picking on one young kid down in Indianapolis. I told then to leave him alone. They started coming toward me all threatening and stuff. That day was very cold and I was wearing a large coat which concealed my 1911 in a shoulder holster. They were surrounding me when I merely fluffed my coat, revealing the fact that they were in over their heads. It was like watching light bulbs come on one at a time as they all saw what might happen, turned and ran.
The kid was fine, They had not yet hurt him, just pushed him a few times.

My younger brother was in a shoot out with some "La Paloma" gang guys and got his truck shot up. I told him I knew a guy who fix those bullet holes cheap, but he wanted those guys to know who he was and that they should steer clear of him. I did not like that, but he is a rough fucker. He makes me look a big ole puss half the time.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #713 on: July 27, 2018, 07:19:35 AM »
I mentioned all the outcomes, except for the stopped incident in Nashville. That girlfriend left me that week. She was pleased that I stood up for her but did not like my method. Now she knew that I was an experienced hunter, evidenced by some of the meat I had put on our table, but she was all about the fact that I did know what might have happened when I fired "that gun" at those guys.

I disagreed, told her that whatever else happened, she would not have been cut up for her purse on THAT day.
We split up. All for the better. I mean why the fuck did SHE not have a gun? Really!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 07:21:38 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #714 on: July 27, 2018, 07:31:35 AM »
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #715 on: July 27, 2018, 07:50:48 AM »
This is one of my favorites:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #716 on: July 27, 2018, 07:52:25 AM »
You gotta feel for this little guy, though.

"Wait a fucking minute, I have bear arms! You can't have them!"

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #717 on: July 27, 2018, 08:01:48 AM »
This is one of my favorites:

Awesome!
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #718 on: August 06, 2018, 11:19:49 AM »

Here's something for you and odeot to stick in your pipe and smoke.   :hahaha:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/florida-armed-bystander-stops-gunman-at-crowded-back-to-school-event-at-park-police-say/ar-BBLyY8a?ocid=spartandhp

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #719 on: August 06, 2018, 11:28:26 AM »
I am a staunch believer in and defender of the Right to Arm Bears and to Bare Arms!   :viking:
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant