Author Topic: I ask MCalavera, you can too!  (Read 14832 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I ask MCalavera, you can too!
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2011, 08:16:05 PM »
What is the web address of your new Aspie forum for discussing "Men's Issues"?  Who are you using to host it?

Details to be revealed soon. :thumbup:

You're seriously starting an Aspie Men's Issues forum?

But won't that leave out the ladies?

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2011, 02:50:26 AM »
What is the web address of your new Aspie forum for discussing "Men's Issues"?  Who are you using to host it?

The ladies already have one on WP. The men's forum MLA mentioned is simply a response to the lack of one on WP (even though there's been some demand for it).

For those interested, here's the link:

http://menandautism.freesmfhosting.com/

And in answer to MLA, I'm using Free SMF Hosting for the time being. But if it does end up being successful, I'll be sure to grab a good domain name for it and have it hosted on HostGator.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 06:05:45 AM »

The ladies already have one on WP. The men's forum MLA mentioned is simply a response to the lack of one on WP (even though there's been some demand for it).

And in answer to MLA, I'm using Free SMF Hosting for the time being. But if it does end up being successful, I'll be sure to grab a good domain name for it and have it hosted on HostGator.

I will join. I can not guarantee volume but I can guarantee ball and all opinions (so to speak) if you are after brutal honesty. If not let me know
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 03:37:06 PM »

*minces towards the new forum*

Had to sorry  :zoinks:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2011, 06:59:53 PM »

I will join. I can not guarantee volume but I can guarantee ball and all opinions (so to speak) if you are after brutal honesty. If not let me know

Brutally honest or not, I welcome all opinions especially yours. I wouldn't want it to be a forum of PC bull anyway.

The key is to get each member who joins (for the time being) to post at least one post worth addressing for the initial success of the forum (if we want it to get going, that is).

But it will have some rules that I will put up soon so that members don't keep going beyond the main purpose of the forum and mistake it for I2 or something. I'll soon add a link there to I2 for those looking for a forum like this.

Squiddy, don't be shy. Join us if you can handle it. :autism:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2011, 07:02:07 PM »
Squiddy, don't be shy. Join us if you can handle it. :autism:

Question is , can you handle me?  :eyelash: :squiddy:

:lol:

But no seriously I don't think thats a good idea , as I'll probably end up flirting with at least half the userbase.  :-[  :orly:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2011, 07:07:57 PM »
Well, you probably will have to control the flirting bit if you want to participate there. It's meant to be a forum with a serious tone (while allowing for a bit of fun and joking around).

But hey, I never said it's for straight males only. Anytime you wish to join, feel free to do so. :thumbup:

Offline Squidusa

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2011, 07:11:01 PM »
Well, you probably will have to control the flirting bit if you want to participate there. It's meant to be a forum with a serious tone (while allowing for a bit of fun and joking around).

But hey, I never said it's for straight males only. Anytime you wish to join, feel free to do so. :thumbup:

I'll have a look at it once it's done  :)

midlifeaspie

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2011, 07:12:44 PM »

Most of the people here have a membership to AFF and WP in addition to I2.  What will your new forum provide that they aren't already receiving from the other three sites?

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2011, 07:35:29 PM »

Most of the people here have a membership to AFF and WP in addition to I2.  What will your new forum provide that they aren't already receiving from the other three sites?

It will provide  'ladspeak'  which is a language in it's own right.  It is 'universal'  and very adaptive.  can even be understood by 'one of the lads'  after 25 pints of watery council estate beer!

sorry, i am just joking -  good luck with your new 'men's' forum :thumbup:

are you not even gonna let me and cbc in just at lunchtimes,  we will have some sandwiches with us?
blah blah blah

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2011, 04:47:08 AM »

A fourth forum. :P

Bah, I could have given you a more detailed answer but I just can't think of any at the moment. Maybe when I get drunk, I'll give you a better answer.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2011, 04:49:11 AM »

It will provide  'ladspeak'  which is a language in it's own right.  It is 'universal'  and very adaptive.  can even be understood by 'one of the lads'  after 25 pints of watery council estate beer!

are you not even gonna let me and cbc in just at lunchtimes,  we will have some sandwiches with us?

That's what "The Bar" is for. Feel free, ladies. :P

Anyway, just posted there a link to Intensity Squared.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »

Maybe PM will join  :thumbup:  The lack of moderation here will certainly set him on a quest  :autism:

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2011, 07:48:41 AM »

Most of the people here have a membership to AFF and WP in addition to I2.  What will your new forum provide that they aren't already receiving from the other three sites?

It will provide  'ladspeak'  which is a language in it's own right.  It is 'universal'  and very adaptive.  can even be understood by 'one of the lads'  after 25 pints of watery council estate beer!

sorry, i am just joking -  good luck with your new 'men's' forum :thumbup:

are you not even gonna let me and cbc in just at lunchtimes,  we will have some sandwiches with us?

Maybe PM will join  :thumbup:  The lack of moderation here will certainly set him on a quest  :autism:

I'm sure they'll give him a spot here to moderate like they gave one to Semicolon. :autism:

PM, in case you're reading, I'm just teasing.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 08:13:20 AM by MCalavera »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:35 PM »
How is the new forum going?