Author Topic: I ask MCalavera, you can too!  (Read 14861 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: I ask MCalavera, you can too!
« Reply #345 on: June 02, 2011, 09:22:52 PM »
I made three posts, all available here:  http://menandautism.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102

Trollish intent indeed.
Confused. Why did you choose to leave over that one comment?

I wanted to see what kind of attitude would be presented to a member who challenged the rules.  Not breaking them per se, but challenging them.  Based upon the statement I posted above about his rules stating that challenging the rules is "pointless", I wanted to see how the newbie staff would respond to someone who came in and bent what was clearly a ridiculous rule.  The response was what you saw above and here (in reverse chronological order):

Sent: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:12 am
To: Jesus

Jesus wrote:
You really don't feel that the macho posturing is a bit heavy? I get that this is supposed to be a "manly" place, but if I was a genuine newbie to a board like this I would probably have left after that response.

If my message was really too tough and manly for you to handle, then maybe you shouldn't be here. Up to you
Sent: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:52 am

Jesus wrote:
That's a little easy isn't it? Are you going to ban me because you don't think I am the "real" Jesus? I assume only one person has a right to that trademarked name

Depends on what you post.

Even God has to be wary of my rules.

Have fun ... for now.

Sent: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 am

So ... who are you really?

Any connection with the Pistonhead/PH accounts?

I was mildly interested in the site to see if I could offer any advice, as I had just been asked for some.  I didn't feel I could give the best advice without a little bit of experience with the current moderation style, so I tested it with what I thought was a very mild push and received a very aggressive and posturing response.  So I came here and expressed my opinion on said stance and gave some advice.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 09:25:11 PM by Jesus »

midlifeaspie

« Reply #346 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »
nor do I wish to give the impression that I'm the sweetest admin in the world.

No, that part is pretty obvious.  I was surprised though, given how much time you have spent on this site experiencing how the QM mod style is received.

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #347 on: June 02, 2011, 09:36:50 PM »

No, that part is pretty obvious.  I was surprised though, given how much time you have spent on this site experiencing how the QM mod style is received.

I could say I'm also surprised given that you were a mod at WP applying rules on others. But damn why should I be?

You're a regular member here under the rules of a different forum just like I'm a regular member under the same rules. What we are here does not determine everything we should be in other forums as admins or mods especially.

Anyway, you did your teacher role. Are you satisfied with doing what you had to do? If so, I see no need to continue arguing on this.

I did wish you would've stayed and played Jesus more properly. Would've been interesting, I guess. Provided you didn't troll almost every thread like the fake PH did. :dunno:

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #348 on: June 02, 2011, 09:37:47 PM »
So instead of using the, no-nosense, by the book, zero tolerence, enforce the rules to the letter, style that I was going to use, I guess I will use the "lightest touch possible" that you suggested. I'm just confused on how to implement that.

Maybe the "MLA's school of moderation" thread that was suggested is a good idea.
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

midlifeaspie

« Reply #349 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:24 PM »

I could say I'm also surprised given that you were a mod at WP applying rules on others. But damn why should I be?

No idea what you are saying here

You're a regular member here under the rules of a different forum just like I'm a regular member under the same rules. What we are here does not determine everything we should be in other forums as admins or mods especially.

Here either.  What does I2 even have to do with anything, except that this is the forum where you and I interact and is therefore the location where this conversation is taking place

Anyway, you did your teacher role.

As was requested, though not by you.

Are you satisfied with doing what you had to do? If so, I see no need to continue arguing on this.

Again, I really don't care.  You are still placing motivation upon me that does not exist.  You are correct that this doesn't need to continue, but I deny the assumption that we were ever "arguing"

I did wish you would've stayed and played Jesus more properly. Would've been interesting, I guess. Provided you didn't troll almost every thread like the fake PH did. :dunno:

Playing Jesus properly was never my intent.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #350 on: June 02, 2011, 09:44:07 PM »
So instead of using the, no-nosense, by the book, zero tolerence, enforce the rules to the letter, style that I was going to use, I guess I will use the "lightest touch possible" that you suggested. I'm just confused on how to implement that.

Best place to start is by not giving warnings based on presumptions that have not yet been confirmed, and not telling everyone publicly that it is YOUR forum and YOUR rules (essentially stating that your dick is the biggest in the room).  It's not needed, the rules thread is on every page :)

I am not saying you did any of this PM, but telling everyone you are a hard-ass isn't the lightest touch either.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #351 on: June 02, 2011, 10:29:56 PM »
Well, I do have a very big penis and I do like to have it shoved my ass.

eris

« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2011, 12:34:40 AM »

just read this post by hitting the "last post" button

I could scroll up and actually read this thread and understand what you meant by it I guess

Id rather just have my own ideas about it though

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2011, 01:12:56 AM »

I could scroll up and actually read this thread and understand what you meant by it I guess

Please, by all means enjoy whatever fantasy you may have derived from what I said. :autism:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:39 AM »

Housemaid outfit , just sayin'  ;)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2011, 09:11:02 AM »
Hey MLA this is what I see about Menandautism.
It is pretty new. Actually REALLY fucking new.
It would be the height of ridiculousness to expect that it was to have a pre-existing culture, completely settled in admin staff and mods and a well defined rule set. Macca has made a great start and given time he may fuck it up completely OR it made evolve into something great.
I put odds on the later. I think the enthusiasm and the contest and the ideology is all there and I am happy with it.
It will have growing pains and it would be surprising if it didn't.
It has my backing and support 100% and I reckon even now it is bursting with potential and given activity and enthusiam I think it will be a great site.
Very proud of it.
Hope you aren't dismissing it this early on in the piece.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

midlifeaspie

« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2011, 10:14:39 AM »

No, I'll still keep an eye on it  :)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #357 on: June 03, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »

No, I'll still keep an eye on it  :)

Very fair call.  :thumbup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2011, 09:12:19 PM »
Al Swearengen for King of the Universe. :viking:

P7PSP

« Reply #359 on: June 08, 2011, 06:27:41 AM »
Hey Macv, what type of work do you do?