Author Topic: I ask MCalavera, you can too!  (Read 14854 times)

midlifeaspie

Re: I ask MCalavera, you can too!
« Reply #330 on: June 02, 2011, 05:19:09 PM »
Peaguy's comment made me chuckle.

I think now is the time for a callout.  :viking:

If he wants to, he is welcome to (of course).  I don't shy from such things.

That being said, I am not angry with him nor do I dislike him. 

Callouts don't necessarily mean you dislike the person, but they do keep the argument in one place.

What I mean is that with the exception of CBC, I haven't been involved in a callout with someone I liked.  Only Praetor, Penty, Penty, Benji and Benji. It would require all new tactics as I wouldn't want to be insulting  ???

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #331 on: June 02, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »

Callouts don't necessarily mean you dislike the person, but they do keep the argument in one place.

What I mean is that with the exception of CBC, I haven't been involved in a callout with someone I liked.  Only Praetor, Penty, Penty, Benji and Benji. It would require all new tactics as I wouldn't want to be insulting  ???

Well just carry on from what you are doing at the moment.

Callouts were originally places to debate something between two people , however lots of people with bad blood between them have also used it to settle differences (or just verbally knock the shit out of eachother).

It's up to you what you do of course , but IMO if an arguement is spanning across two threads and continuing for pages , it may be worth a callout.  :dunno:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

midlifeaspie

« Reply #332 on: June 02, 2011, 05:22:52 PM »

Callouts were originally places to debate something between two people , however lots of people with bad blood between them have also used it to settle differences (or just verbally knock the shit out of eachother).

It's up to you what you do of course , but IMO if an arguement is spanning across two threads and continuing for pages , it may be worth a callout.  :dunno:

It isn't.  My argument with PM is entirely separate, and barely an argument.  He admits he did wrong and apologized.  Now I am just curious about why he thinks QM is a good moderator to emulate.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #333 on: June 02, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »

Are callouts allowed on MCalavera's site?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #334 on: June 02, 2011, 05:27:14 PM »

Good question.  :orly:

It isn't.  My argument with PM is entirely separate, and barely an argument.  He admits he did wrong and apologized.  Now I am just curious about why he thinks QM is a good moderator to emulate.

Ah ok then , thought both were part of the same argument.  :P
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Offline Calavera

• The Intellectually Deficient of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #335 on: June 02, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
You can share the private messages. It's not like I posted a picture of my private parts there.

And I was joking around with you the same way I did with the fake(?) Pistonhead.

Not sure why you expect members to feel safe there but not here. That's one thing that astounds me.

Yes.

It's not meant to restrict every shit out there.

I made the rules so that members can contribute something to the forum instead of mere trolling and shit. Impersonating someone like PPK (or Benji or others) for example is not going to be good for the forum. That's why I added the rule. I want good contributions there befitting a forum for men. I didn't even ban the fake accounts' IP addresses and shit and even told whoever was behind them to register again as a new username void of impersonation with the intent to mislead and deceive and ruin the forum

Now that I got that out of the way, if you want to challenge me there, go ahead. I don't censor out challenges and disagreements, but I will respond and "heavily" (MLA's words) if I have to.

Whoever wants a callout, post in The Bar.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #336 on: June 02, 2011, 06:23:55 PM »

Simply put, the way he worded his public warnings got the members to listen. However, i'm beginning to develop my own style of moderation that has come from observations of situations on other sites (WP, AFF, and sites that have nothing to do with AS).
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Osensitive1

« Reply #337 on: June 02, 2011, 06:58:54 PM »
I made three posts, all available here:  http://menandautism.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102

Trollish intent indeed.
Confused. Why did you choose to leave over that one comment?

Osensitive1

« Reply #338 on: June 02, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
More advice. 

As the admin you would have been better off not outing who I was.  It will make other members who perhaps might want to remain anonymous (if that is allowed) not want to participate.  You are also directing more attention to a matter that you state you want to "move on" from. 

You're responsible for that, not me.

You chose not to remain anonymous the moment you revealed his identity in this thread (which is public by the way).

You misunderstand me again.  I don't give a shit.  It was because of how your members will perceive you that I mentioned it.
It's a good point.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #339 on: June 02, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »
People know me from WP and even from here. I'm not always on my best behavior nor do I wish to give the impression that I'm the sweetest admin in the world.

I want the members to perceive me as a fellow human member who likes to joke around just like others do. The difference is I have to enforce certain rules when needed.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #340 on: June 02, 2011, 07:30:09 PM »
I made three posts, all available here:  http://menandautism.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102

Trollish intent indeed.

He left because he saw what he wanted to know.

I doubt he was even interested in remaining there for long. It was a troll test. Sorry, MLA. But that was trolling.

Osensitive1

« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »
People know me from WP and even from here. I'm not always on my best behavior nor do I wish to give the impression that I'm the sweetest admin in the world.

I want the members to perceive me as a fellow human member who likes to joke around just like others do. The difference is I have to enforce certain rules when needed.
Not sure if this is in response to my post or not, but it's not about being sweet; it's about being ethical with the power of knowledge and information. Have seen this and worse and multiple times over, involving multiple sites, but hindsight and clear vision and the abscess within the nature of humanity and bla bla bla. It's simply too late for me. Am stuck with the forums I'm on and can only refrain from more in the future. This knowledge only confirms these things for me and nothing really personal intended.

I made three posts, all available here:  http://menandautism.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=102

Trollish intent indeed.
He left because he saw what he wanted to know.
I doubt he was even interested in remaining there for long. It was a troll test. Sorry, MLA. But that was trolling.
Don't know about trolling but does appear there were some preconceived notions and not much of a real chance given, though the question was really for Jesus.

Offline Calavera

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2011, 08:57:26 PM »
I'm happy for you you got that knowledge.

Personally, I'm in a position where I am willing to learn and be taught, but I need the right advices and words with clear motives not clouded by what seem to be negative thinking.

Offline TA

• Rage Filled Brain of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Face my Squirrely Wrath!
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »
I'm happy for you you got that knowledge.

Personally, I'm in a position where I am willing to learn and be taught, but I need the right advices and words with clear motives not clouded by what seem to be negative thinking.

^ yeah, what he said
The stupidity of humanity FILLS ME WITH RAGE!

Osensitive1

« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
 :thumbup: