Educational

Author Topic: Slutwalk  (Read 2639 times)

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Slutwalk
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »

TOW: yeah, but i would say there is a distinct line between attention and physical aggression
and what someone wears isn't going to push someone over that line unless they're basically a sociopath to begin with

I agree with TOW. If a guy continues even after you tell him no and make it clear you are done, he is a sociopath. Like I said in the other thread, just being male doesn't solely qualify someone to be a rapist. There has to be an underlying sickness in order to commit an act such as rape, torture, murder, etc.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 10:44:20 PM »
The reason why I am asking this because this topic gives pretense that you should actually care, when in reality most of us probably don't.

Rape, as horribly mind fucking it is to the person and all, If it isn't someone I know then I will not shed a tear. If anything, I won't know it even happened unless it was reported.

I think we should refrain from idealistic tendacies and just be glad we're not the ones being raped. :dunno:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 10:45:27 PM »
Sometimes the lines are murky.  Any time a woman doesn't give consent, it's rape.

It doesn't always have to be about being attacked on the street or in some dark alley.  See my party scenario.

In that case at a party, I'd go by personality and motives at the time. Dressing provocatively poses no real relevance then, except as a failing excuse for the rapist to deny themselves of self-control they should have.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 11:00:36 PM »
The reason why I am asking this because this topic gives pretense that you should actually care, when in reality most of us probably don't.

Rape, as horribly mind fucking it is to the person and all, If it isn't someone I know then I will not shed a tear. If anything, I won't know it even happened unless it was reported.

I think we should refrain from idealistic tendacies and just be glad we're not the ones being raped. :dunno:

It probably doesn't affect you directly Schleed, no. But imagine how you would feel if your girlfriend was raped. Don't think it will happen because she is a 'nice' girl and looks after where she is? Think again.

Just sublimal messages like 'bints in Newcastle', 'who would care if they were raped'...is enough. You appear to make a line of those who deserve to have it happen and those who don't. Just that attitude in itself, feeds the misconceptions about just what rape is.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 11:06:24 PM »
It probably doesn't affect you directly Schleed, no. But imagine how you would feel if your girlfriend was raped. Don't think it will happen because she is a 'nice' girl and looks after where she is? Think again.
To say that gives the assumption that I don't care even if it's someone I know. I never said that and to answer that, in that case then yes I would care. I also have never said it couldn't happen, but to be glad it didn't happen to us.

Just sublimal messages like 'bints in Newcastle', 'who would care if they were raped'...is enough. You appear to make a line of those who deserve to have it happen and those who don't. Just that attitude in itself, feeds the misconceptions about just what rape is.
All I'm pointing out is that we'd not care, despite out pretensions that we would. It is natural to care less for someone you look down on.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:10:24 PM by Schleed »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 08:03:48 AM »
Women who dress and act like whores do not deserve rape.  They may invite it but they do not deserve it.  This is why men need to be educated.

Men don't need to be educated about this Bint.

You may as well say that men need to be educated that it is not right to stab people you don't agree with or that they need to be educated not to put babies in ovens.

I think you need to redefine your thoughts on what "men" need to be educated on.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 08:49:37 AM »
I don't think men need to be educated, but I think society needs to drasticall change its views on rape.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
it's educating people who think that just because a woman wears revealing clothing, it's okay to rape her.
Is that what you think that police officer said?

Pretty much:  "Women should avoid dressing like sluts in order to not be victimized."

Not a specific male point of view, just wrong. Have heard it a lot, also from women.

The only reason I can think of is that people somehow hope there can be found a reason for something as evil as rape, it has to be triggered, lets blame slutty clothing.
In that way, you can have control over rape, can prevent it. If it is just that some people rape, just like that, preying for vulnerable targets, that's a lot more scary than thinking it is slutty clothing triggering it. Because it can't be controlled then.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Binty

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:29 AM »
Women who dress and act like whores do not deserve rape.  They may invite it but they do not deserve it.  This is why men need to be educated.

You may as well say that men need to be educated that it is not right to stab people you don't agree with or that they need to be educated not to put babies in ovens.

I think you need to redefine your thoughts on what "men" need to be educated on.

You're very predictable.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 10:08:58 AM »
It's kind of true in the same way that going into dodgy places at night means you're more likely to get beaten up. It doesn't mean you DESERVE to get beaten up, or that it's ok. But it is more likely to happen and, annoyingly, deciding not to go to those dodgy areas at night does make sense

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2011, 10:12:49 AM »

You're very predictable.

Of course I am predictable. I am a man and as such am easy to figure out. I am also , being a man, in need of re-education to teach me morals and values. Such is my burden of being male. It is a curse  :LOL:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »
My opinion on this is ,

Firstly , the police officer was out of line for what he said , apart from showing a lack of proffesionality (not sure if thats the word) , it was also blatantly unfair therefore some kind of disciplinary action should be taken on him IMO.

Secondly , Rapists will rape regardless of clothing , maybe it makes it easier for them as the Prof said due to skimpy clothing but idk , I think if that rapist was going to rape them , he'd do it regardless of how covered up they are.

This is funny because a lot of people here look down on anyone who dresses like whores. Would you give a shit if those Newcastle bints were raped? :dunno:

I'll admit I did look down on "Those bints in newcastle" as personally I believe it shows a lack of self respect to go around wearing next to nothing, that is in design to attract (Positive) male attention but I certainly wouldnt wish something as horrible as rape upon them.

And as stupid as it may sound I do feel sorry for rape victims and victims of other horrendous crimes  regardless of if I know them or not.
I blame my parents for drilling empathy into me  :P

BTW , when I first read the title of this thread I though it was about walking like Sluts , made me chuckle  :lol:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

Binty

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2011, 10:20:44 AM »

You're very predictable.

Of course I am predictable. I am a man and as such am easy to figure out. I am also , being a man, in need of re-education to teach me morals and values. Such is my burden of being male. It is a curse  :LOL:

Unfortunately it's also the burden of being a dumbass  :zoinks:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »

You're very predictable.

So you is saying babies in the oven is a bad thing? Thanks Bint I feels smarter already. You is so smarts being a girl.

You make great points. Thanks Bint I will ponder your posts and look hard for the pearls of wisdom....real hard

Binty

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 10:28:10 AM »

You're very predictable.

So you is saying babies in the oven is a bad thing? Thanks Bint I feels smarter already. You is so smarts being a girl.

You make great points. Thanks Bint I will ponder your posts and look hard for the pearls of wisdom....real hard

You really need to get laid  ;)