Author Topic: Any of us intimidating or scary?  (Read 3295 times)

Binty

Re: Any of us intimidating or scary?
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 07:40:20 PM »
It's Soph's fault I'm here  :thumbdn:

in reality it's more like a pub full of horny and/or bored spazzes

:lol:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 07:41:00 PM »
So it's all PPK's fault i am here.  
Lol, pretty sure it's his fault am here too, at least that's my story if things ever go to shit.

It's always good to have a story, and stick to it!  :thumbup:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »
I don't understand why this site has a bad reputation. Almost everybody's been really nice to me, and I haven't even seen much antagonism between others.

I can only assume that it's because of the lack of moderation on the site. This seems to be the only aspie forum where you're allowed to tell somebody exactly what you think of them. I suppose sometimes the person that is under attack often feels intimidated.
Maybe it's the intro page, wrath of the community and all.

can we do a new intro page? I think it's time it was updated. also it makes us look too much like we;re just an anti-wp site. I think we should make one that focuses on the less serious shootin-the-shit side, rather than the arguing side. I mean still making it clear that it's more free spech, unmoderated etc. But the intro page now (from what I remember) makes it sound more like a battleground, when in reality it's more like a pub full of horny and/or bored spazzes

I've noticed the intro page :laugh: That probably does put a few people off. I always wondered if that's how things used to be on this site before I was a member. A lot of the original members have either left, or mellowed with age.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »
It's Soph's fault I'm here  :thumbdn:

It's ma sexiness  :M

The Sophster brings all the girls to the yard
and they're like, "what a sexy tard!"

Binty

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2011, 07:48:31 PM »
 :laugh:

Osensitive1

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »
So it's all PPK's fault i am here.  
Lol, pretty sure it's his fault am here too, at least that's my story if things ever go to shit.

It's always good to have a story, and stick to it!  :thumbup:
May not even be a story. Someone invited me once, long time before joining, but terrible with names so can't remember who. :laugh:

Osensitive1

P7PSP

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2011, 07:51:34 PM »
can we do a new intro page? I think it's time it was updated. also it makes us look too much like we;re just an anti-wp site. I think we should make one that focuses on the less serious shootin-the-shit side, rather than the arguing side. I mean still making it clear that it's more free spech, unmoderated etc. But the intro page now (from what I remember) makes it sound more like a battleground, when in reality it's more like a pub full of horny and/or bored spazzes
Make a thread with a poll. I will vote no, based on inertia.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »

Are you one of the bored spazzes then?  :P
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2011, 07:53:38 PM »

Indeed. I would agree with updating the page (with new quotes and information), but I believe it should remain as it is.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

P7PSP

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2011, 07:55:40 PM »

Are you one of the bored spazzes then?  :P
Sometimes, I try to avoid too much boredom.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2011, 08:22:39 PM »
I swear I had a reasoned and well thought-out post on this topic.  Not sure what happened  :twitch:

P7PSP

« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:08 PM »
I swear I had a reasoned and well thought-out post on this topic.  Not sure what happened  :twitch:
You got intimidated?  :hahaha:

midlifeaspie

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2011, 08:30:46 PM »
Are we cruising on yesteryear's i2 reputations and Aspies intimidated unnecessarily?

Speaking as a newbie here.

It depends on what the goals are.  This place can be quite intimidating, and certainly has a reputation on at least one other site where things are much more vanilla / white bread.  This reputation seems to be based primarily on past events, but it does seem to me that many of the regular members treasure that reputation and certainly do not try and go out of their way to counter it.  The introductions, asking if someone is brave, deriding "sensitivity", etc.  The front page also adds to this presupposition.  

If the goal is to have a site with a close-knit group of members of like mind who have a lot of fun and create their own community - I think this has been accomplished very well.  If the goal is to grow the site with a heterogeneous group composed of multiple personality types (including the "sensitive types") this doesn't seem like the way to do that.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2011, 08:31:23 PM »
You got intimidated?  :hahaha:

Scared the words right off my browser  :autism: