Author Topic: MidlifeAspie  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: MidlifeAspie
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 10:15:42 PM »
I think particularly Sinsboldly had no idea what to do because we were not scared of her nor did we respect her and most of us disliked her.
She wanted to ban us and even locked a thread which we thought we not brave and re-opened.
Decidedly  not brave.

Really? How can she ban you guys if she doesn't have the tools? That's just too funny.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 10:16:06 PM »
Is your son on the spectrum too?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:18 PM »
Is your son on the spectrum too?

Too young to tell.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2011, 12:40:40 AM »
I think particularly Sinsboldly had no idea what to do because we were not scared of her nor did we respect her and most of us disliked her.
She wanted to ban us and even locked a thread which we thought we not brave and re-opened.
Decidedly  not brave.

Really? How can she ban you guys if she doesn't have the tools? That's just too funny.

Yes that was her stumbling block. She forgot where she was and how little power she had to enforce things her way when it was going against her.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2011, 05:14:31 AM »
Decidedly  not brave.

You can lock threads you started yourself, and she wanted the mods to ban the bad people. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2011, 10:11:19 AM »
Well he lasted longer than Sinsboldly or Quatermass and that says it all.

True.

I think he has lasted longer than Mr Mark, too.

Midlifeaspie, how is the speech therapy for your son going?

Do they come over to your home to deliver services, or does your son go to them?

I am getting a third opinion on Tuesday from a state service that is coming to do an in-home evaluation.  I like this better and the last two didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

my little urchin is three,  he was diagnosed ASD at two.  I was worried about his speech.  I can remember hearing other mothers saying 'quiet' and 'Shut up now' to their kids!  and i used to think to meself 'i will never do that, if only he could talk'  its very hard in the UK to get speech therapy for that age group.  Had to pay privately.  £70 an hour.  It didn't work.
Four months ago i put him in a nursery for 'normal' kids,  well there was one other ASD,  and the urchin hasn't stopped chattering since. Proper sentences now. He goes there 15hrs a week.  All i am trying to say is don't worry too much about ST.  I don't know your situation,  but you could try increasing the time he spends with other kids.  However hard we as adults try, it is very hard to imitate a three year old!!!  I used to avoid playgroups at first,  used to hate the way other parents looked at us,   cus my boy, well cus we were 'different'  maybe it was paranoia, but definately the wrong way to go.
blah blah blah

midlifeaspie

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2011, 10:14:31 AM »
Well he lasted longer than Sinsboldly or Quatermass and that says it all.

True.

I think he has lasted longer than Mr Mark, too.

Midlifeaspie, how is the speech therapy for your son going?

Do they come over to your home to deliver services, or does your son go to them?

I am getting a third opinion on Tuesday from a state service that is coming to do an in-home evaluation.  I like this better and the last two didn't really seem to know what they were doing.

my little urchin is three,  he was diagnosed ASD at two.  I was worried about his speech.  I can remember hearing other mothers saying 'quiet' and 'Shut up now' to their kids!  and i used to think to meself 'i will never do that, if only he could talk'  its very hard in the UK to get speech therapy for that age group.  Had to pay privately.  £70 an hour.  It didn't work.
Four months ago i put him in a nursery for 'normal' kids,  well there was one other ASD,  and the urchin hasn't stopped chattering since. Proper sentences now. He goes there 15hrs a week.  All i am trying to say is don't worry too much about ST.  I don't know your situation,  but you could try increasing the time he spends with other kids.  However hard we as adults try, it is very hard to imitate a three year old!!!  I used to avoid playgroups at first,  used to hate the way other parents looked at us,   cus my boy, well cus we were 'different'  maybe it was paranoia, but definately the wrong way to go.

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2011, 12:57:11 PM »
Decidedly  not brave.

You can lock threads you started yourself, and she wanted the mods to ban the bad people. :P

If you did that, there would be no one left.  :)
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2011, 01:14:12 PM »
Decidedly  not brave.

From here?

I read her old intro thread and didn't see anything that indicated it. Perhaps it was said between the lines?

From the looks of it, people here were making fun of her and she didn't seem to like it. I forgot about Hadron pretending to be Mr. Mark and I appeared to be lurking in that thread since I made a couple responses in it but nothing to making fun of SB. And her avoiding Sir Les's questions about her mod decisions she made with him.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 01:44:56 PM »
When was sinsboldly here? Was it when I wasn't a member? (mid2008-mid2009)

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 02:48:27 PM »
It was in February and March 2009.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 02:53:54 PM »
thanks. I wasn't here then

I never had much to do with sinsboldly, wasn't on wp much when she was mod. I did annoy her a bit with my Barbarossa account for a while though. She even warned me against editing people's posts when i quoted them, even though it was obviously just a joke

You know like when you quote something but change the quote so it looks like they said somethign else

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2011, 03:10:18 PM »

I never had much to do with sinsboldly, wasn't on wp much when she was mod. I did annoy her a bit with my Barbarossa account for a while though. She even warned me against editing people's posts when i quoted them, even though it was obviously just a joke

You know like when you quote something but change the quote so it looks like they said somethign else

I didn't know editing posts was against the rules. OMG is that another hidden WP rule? Damn it, make the rules black and white. I hate color when it comes to rules.

I used to sometimes take peoples posts when they bash NTs and change the word to people. I never ever got a warning for that. If that is what she means by I broke too many rules there, she is so...I don't know what to call it.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2011, 04:43:29 PM »
Decidedly  not brave.

If you did that, there would be no one left.  :)

There would be me. :angel:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2011, 04:52:36 PM »

You know like when you quote something but change the quote so it looks like I said that I love America, and I am in envy of its superior citizens.

Indeed.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.