Educational

Author Topic: Guns, your opinions?  (Read 2599 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Guns, your opinions?
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »
Guns make you  :viking:

I think one of the reasons that the Yanks rule most of the planet is that they love guns and are so agressive. :arrr:

Better ask yourself why an honest citizen should not be allowed to own guns without restrictions and carry them everywhere. The criminals don't care about gun laws.

While you and I seldom agree ( :lol:), you have just spoken a true truth.

Criminals will always disregard the laws of the land.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2011, 06:55:04 PM »
I actually somewhat agree with zegh, some people/cultures are just too stupid to own guns.

If you had the 2nd amendment in Mesico, you'd have 10 times the blood bath that's there now. not that that would be a bad thing.  ::)

Do you live in Mexico?
From the use of the word 'you', I can only determine he thinks I live in Mesico.

He, who?

Are you actually talking to me?

I was actually talking to you.

What is mesico, then?
Didn't figure you were talking to me since I hadn't posted in this thread, except to make a joke the other day. Just making a joke about Scrap's post, which you responded to. Does that even make sense? Not sure. No worries.

Refresh my memory?

As much as I like Scr'eap, he and I are not that much alike.

I would love to be a part of your joke.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Osensitive1

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
:laugh:

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2011, 06:58:20 PM »
Homes should be safe. It does not matter what you have to do to keep your home safe. You should be allowed to keep your home safe, period.

:agreed:

in my local paper the other day,  there was a story about a mother at home with her two pre school kids,  they had a family dog, a nine month old Borzoi  called Mikey.  The back door was open cus the mother had been painting.  Two Staffordshire bull terriers got in the garden and then into the house, they came in and lunged at Mikey and literally ripped it to shreds in front of the kids and the mother who said she felt like she had to choose to protect her kids or the family dog???  Luckily for her her hubby came home before the dogs turned their attention to them but it was too late for the dog who suffered numerous injuries including a punctured lung.  The story affected me.  There were pics of poor Mikey.  The pics were horrific, even to me,  so i dread to think what goes on in those poor childrens heads at bedtime!!  

My point in telling you this is if she had a gun,  and used it she would be in jail now.   Yes you should be allowed to keep your home safe and if that means keeping a gun you should have that option.
blah blah blah

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2011, 06:59:54 PM »
Well, point here.. cowards tend to carry weapons in public.. and yeah, probably have tiny dicks too (carrying.. to compensate.. maybe?) 
Can't help but always to enjoy the freudian gun analogy. They do make me feel kind of pointy.

LOlol

I seriously thought I had seen you post in this thread.

No matter, but fill me in on the joke?

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2011, 07:03:17 PM »
Homes should be safe. It does not matter what you have to do to keep your home safe. You should be allowed to keep your home safe, period.

:agreed:

in my local paper the other day,  there was a story about a mother at home with her two pre school kids,  they had a family dog, a nine month old Borzoi  called Mikey.  The back door was open cus the mother had been painting.  Two Staffordshire bull terriers got in the garden and then into the house, they came in and lunged at Mikey and literally ripped it to shreds in front of the kids and the mother who said she felt like she had to choose to protect her kids or the family dog???  Luckily for her her hubby came home before the dogs turned their attention to them but it was too late for the dog who suffered numerous injuries including a punctured lung.  The story affected me.  There were pics of poor Mikey.  The pics were horrific, even to me,  so i dread to think what goes on in those poor childrens heads at bedtime!!   

My point in telling you this is if she had a gun,  and used it she would be in jail now.   Yes you should be allowed to keep your home safe and if that means keeping a gun you should have that option.

That just really seems insane to me.

There is NO fucking way an assailant should have more rights to freedom than the victim of the crime the assailant commits.  It should ALWAYS be OK to shoot a bastard who who attacks you. Public or private. End of story!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2011, 07:07:07 PM »
I can remember being in Arizona legaly walking down the street with a .45 ACP straped to my hip in plain sight.  8)

I grew up in a place where it is NOT legal to conceal your weapon. It is fine to carry it out in the open, unless you enter a place where they sell alcohol (that is another story, you see). There is no legal way to carry a weapon concealed in Texas, last I heard. (been away for a few years, but I doubt that it has changed that much)

Anyway, I suppose I have made a point of expressing my unwavering opinion, as a law abiding American citizen.

Do not even think of breaking into my home, unless you are ready to determine if there is actually a God or not.

:headbang:
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:10:00 PM by DirtDawg »

Osensitive1

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2011, 07:20:34 PM »
Well, point here.. cowards tend to carry weapons in public.. and yeah, probably have tiny dicks too (carrying.. to compensate.. maybe?) 
Can't help but always to enjoy the freudian gun analogy. They do make me feel kind of pointy.

LOlol

I seriously thought I had seen you post in this thread.

No matter, but fill me in on the joke?
Gun debates often result in someone equating the gun with the penis. I'm female.

Offline Zippo

• psychotic J-DAM of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Click, Click, BOOM!
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »
Schleed, i agree with you with one exception to what you say. i would extend the protection from just yourself to yourself and your loved ones. but beyond that its just interfering in someone else's business. you dont know who's right and wrong in the situation and so you should not get involved, leave it for the cops to sort it out...

Now, wait right there.

The cops should make a decision on whether to protect ourselves or not?

Where are the cops when the ACTUAL need to protect ourselves arises?
They are never there when you need them most.

Their job is to apprehend those who blatantly defy the law, outright, and bring the perpetrators to a magistrate of some sort for judgment. While this can be useful, it is this very notion that excludes them from being effective in "PREVENTING"  crime.

I take it that you have never been a victim of crime?

The ability to protect oneself from an assailant is the same as a basic human right. It should NEVER be questioned.

my point was that one should not get involved in a situation one does not know about. if five people are beating a kid i would say you can draw and get them off if not shoot them. but if two people are fighting, stabbing or shooting at each other just dont get involved because you dont know who started it or why.

Zippo, Shotgun Surgeon.
if theres bees in the trap im catching them, by the thorax and abdomen. and sanding there stingers down to a rough quill. then i dip em in ink and i scribble a bit, and if the wriggle than i tickle them until they hold still, let me say it again, in my land of pretend, i use bees as a mother fucking pen!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2011, 08:29:01 PM »
Schleed, i agree with you with one exception to what you say. i would extend the protection from just yourself to yourself and your loved ones. but beyond that its just interfering in someone else's business. you dont know who's right and wrong in the situation and so you should not get involved, leave it for the cops to sort it out...

Now, wait right there.

The cops should make a decision on whether to protect ourselves or not?

Where are the cops when the ACTUAL need to protect ourselves arises?
They are never there when you need them most.

Their job is to apprehend those who blatantly defy the law, outright, and bring the perpetrators to a magistrate of some sort for judgment. While this can be useful, it is this very notion that excludes them from being effective in "PREVENTING"  crime.

I take it that you have never been a victim of crime?

The ability to protect oneself from an assailant is the same as a basic human right. It should NEVER be questioned.

my point was that one should not get involved in a situation one does not know about. if five people are beating a kid i would say you can draw and get them off if not shoot them. but if two people are fighting, stabbing or shooting at each other just dont get involved because you dont know who started it or why.

Fine, so what if you awaken in the middle of the night to witness an altercation outside your own door?

While you may THINK you are not involved, by default (it is happening WHERE you live, FFS), you ARE involved. (OK, I am conceding that there might be a slight difference in ability between apartment dwellers and land owners - apartment dwellers go hide when the shit happens, but land owners have a tendency to actually protect what they own.  I have owned land most of my life, as did many generations before me. I was raised to protect what is dear to me. A fight going on outside my door is something I can not abide. I will set things to order in MY way, THEN allow the police to take over, once they finally get there.)

No one in their right mind can possibly expect for the police, armed with multiple, powerful weapons as ours are or not, to actually "prevent"  such a crime.
The police are an ineffective means at times like this.  Mostly, they show up after things are already settled and mop up, often drawing wrong conclusions about what has transpired.

It is upon the land owner to take care of himself, in most cases, unless that person places full trust in the forbearance of such criminals as well as the police. In such a simple case, then that person gets, and deserves, what he is prepared to accept.

I do not. I am prepared to make my place a safe place.

DukeNukem

« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2011, 08:45:35 PM »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2011, 08:58:21 PM »

So, in my opinion, if you do not have ample means of protecting yourself and your loved ones, guns or not, then you should get yourself prepared, guns and all, and stop depending on the REST of us, who ARE prepared, to protect YOU.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Not really a gun point here, but the thought of living in a society where everyone is responsible for their own, and their loved ones protection scares the shit out of me.

Osensitive1

« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2011, 09:17:21 PM »
Not sure what you mean. Who do you feel is responsible for protecting you?

DukeNukem

« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2011, 09:18:59 PM »
Not sure what you mean. Who do you feel is responsible for protecting you?

God?