Educational

Author Topic: random thread, for all that you can't find an appropriate thread for.  (Read 25073 times)

Online DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: random thread, for all that you can't find an appropriate thread for.
« Reply #975 on: March 10, 2016, 12:13:11 PM »

I have tried all week to contact local nurseries because I want to change my back yard from "pretty"  to fruit productive.

I would object to ordering online. I want to buy locally grown product to plant in my yard.

After a week or so of frustration, I gave up and went gun shopping. Those never go out of season.

I bought a new Ruger .22LR auto pistol for my son to further his skills and I also bought myself a new carry pistol.  I have a new Springfield Armory .45 Auto.
It is quite a bit smaller than the typical Colt I usually carry AND it carries an extra round.

Fuck IT!! If I can not buy plants, I will buy guns!
 :headbang2:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #976 on: March 10, 2016, 12:42:14 PM »
Once I get used to handling this weapon, instead of the one I have used for thirty years, I think I will like it.

It is smaller and just as powerful. The sights are better (can see them in dark, even with my sixty year old eyes) The grip is more user friendly and the angle is very similar to the old Colt.

In other words, steep learning curve to make this another extension of my determinate intention.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #977 on: March 10, 2016, 12:49:31 PM »
I have now rendered all the limbs larger than my wrist of the huge maple, except for about six feet of trunk that is more than two feet across.
The two foot high stump still stands.
Thinking of turning it into a yard table.
Still have a huge pile of kindling to deal with.

Online DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #978 on: March 10, 2016, 12:53:47 PM »
Oh, it was all done by hand tools.

Saw, pruners, clippers was my way of trying to (re-)develop work muscles in my body for the upcoming spring gardening season.
Remember, I am feeling fine for the first time after an extended healing process, following some almost devastating pelvic/hip joint surgery.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 12:55:42 PM by DirtDawg »

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #979 on: March 10, 2016, 04:10:59 PM »
That guy from Friends is on the telly.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #980 on: March 10, 2016, 09:58:13 PM »
hm, there doesn't seem to be a thread for wanton boasting. the silicone guys clinging to my desk drawer with magnetic hands and feet are out of order.
hard to believe CBC doesn't have anything to boast about.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #981 on: March 11, 2016, 10:30:32 AM »
hm, there doesn't seem to be a thread for wanton boasting. the silicone guys clinging to my desk drawer with magnetic hands and feet are out of order.
hard to believe CBC doesn't have anything to boast about.

You have silicone mice?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #982 on: March 12, 2016, 03:29:47 AM »
With magnetic hands?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #983 on: March 12, 2016, 10:11:07 AM »
the FrankenMice.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #984 on: March 13, 2016, 03:39:18 AM »
Sufficiently random for me.

- Albert Einstein

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #985 on: March 13, 2016, 06:38:48 AM »
Hey you Aussies, is the eclipse any good from where you are?  :orly:
Nah, nothing much for us down here. It missed us. Would have been awesome had we had it because the weather has been clear these past few days.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
« Reply #986 on: March 13, 2016, 08:48:39 AM »
Hey you Aussies, is the eclipse any good from where you are?  :orly:
Nah, nothing much for us down here. It missed us. Would have been awesome had we had it because the weather has been clear these past few days.

There's going to be a really good one in the US next year. I think it will be worth a trip to get into the hot zone.  :orly:
:gopher:

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #987 on: March 14, 2016, 10:43:13 AM »
Don't always see a Home for Sale sign in front of a burned out house. Especially one that is just around the corner from us. Built in 1885, heavily fire damaged from a fire that happened last summer. They want $195,000 for it. Pretty gutted on one side. Talk about ya fixxa uppa's! Still, set on 3 acres on a major street in Somersworth. It's going to be interesting to see how long this stays on the market.  My guess is that it would take at least $100,000 to rebuild/restore it.  It's a big place with only the old carriage house/barn still in good shape.  The link to the two pictures and description can be found at the ReMax realty website and the house is situated at 86 South Street, Somersworth NH.  Though the pictures do not show the side that was heavily burned. 
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #988 on: March 14, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
It looks a bit spooky somehow.

- Albert Einstein

Offline rock hound

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • The Lurker at the Threshold.
« Reply #989 on: March 14, 2016, 01:28:25 PM »
It looks a bit spooky somehow.

It is!  The side that suffered the most damage has holes thru the roof and boarded up everywhere.  The odd thing we remember was a walk that we took a couple of years earlier and some guy (on the porch side that burned) came out and was yelling at us for no reason.   ::)  He died during the fire.  And the night before, there had been a huge bonfire in their backyard on the opposite side of the main damage, and I mean huge.  The flames were 10-12 feet in height.  I did report this to the police and firemen who responded to fire.  It just seemed odd to me and made me wonder.  With all the leaves off the trees, I can see the house from our living room.  one final note, the family that lived there had many foster children go thru it and had NO home owners insurance.  They did spend weeks picking thru and salvaging what they could.  There is a big junkpile in the front of cinder blocks, boards and odd scrap items, which are still there.    The cause has never been made known!
"Some books are to be tasted.  Others to be swallowed.  And some few to be chewed and digested."  --Sir Francis Bacon

"Civilization exists by geologic consent.  Subject to change without notice."  --Will Durant