Educational

Author Topic: Peace-loving, tolerant Muslim beheads his wife  (Read 2631 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Peace-loving, tolerant Muslim beheads his wife
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 05:21:27 AM »
Oh, put me on the list with Binty, Odeon and Walkie.

And that abusive husband needs the most severe punishment possible. And ostracicing by his Muslim community.
Like that is going to happen.

Yes, there are muslims who very clearly distance themselves from all kinds of extremist actions. Be it in the domestic or the public realm. And it is more than one or two.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

P7PSP

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 05:44:51 AM »

And that abusive husband needs the most severe punishment possible. And ostracicing by his Muslim community.

Yes, there are muslims who very clearly distance themselves from all kinds of extremist actions. Be it in the domestic or the public realm. And it is more than one or two.
They are definitely not the ones running Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran or Afghanistan. Honor killings of errant daughters, putting 14 year old rape victims to death, wife beating, marrying 9 year olds. What other cultures tolerate or encourage such behavior in the 21st century Hyke? Please stick with present times, shit that happened hundreds of years ago is old news.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 05:56:32 AM by PPK »

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 04:21:15 PM »

They are definitely not the ones running Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Iran or Afghanistan. Honor killings of errant daughters, putting 14 year old rape victims to death, wife beating, marrying 9 year olds. What other cultures tolerate or encourage such behavior in the 21st century Hyke? Please stick with present times, shit that happened hundreds of years ago is old news.

I was thinking about the muslims I know, the ones in the western world. Before I lived in this village I lived in a part of a city where half of the people were muslim. They differ as much from eachother as non-muslims.
You do see changes in muslim ways of life. Divorced women being warmly welcomed back home, in stead of being ostracised, or worse, killed. Gay muslims joining to openly celebrate the end of the ramadan. There are changes. It's not happening everywhere, it is a start. And, alas, the past ten years brought changes for the worse too. Since 9-11 there are more burkas than ever before. And that sucks. It's not even based on religion, but on one culture, and somehow it spreads as being a real muslim thing. It is not. I think burkas should not be allowed in public. When someone wears a balaclava, it will have to be removed when asked for an identity check up. There can be no exception for a burka.

I see changes in the 21st century.

I also know there are horrible regimes, and that regimes like to use religion to keep their people under control. Fear just works well.

There is no way to change foreign policies, apart from lots of diplomatic pressure and public action.

Within a western country, well, someone coming here has to respect the culture that is here. That means that forced marriages are not condoned, and, that for girls threatened to be given away in marriage during a holiday, there should be safe-houses, and repercussions for the parents. Girls need the same educational rights as boys. You see muslimas doing better in school than the average muslim boy btw.
Religion can't be an excuse to condone horrible practices. That is just as wrong as subscribing all horrible practices to a religion.

Our whole western culture has a strong history of racism, sexism. Doesn't mean that it always will be like that. But, as long as it was economically or politically profitable, our society was that, and there were excuses to be found, be it in christianity or in observations of nature.

And yes, islam religion can be used easily, but isn't used for that by default. And if you attack the religion, instead of the one doing the atrocities, that is not going to help. And it will make it harder for the religion to evolve in something more adapted to this era.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
What?

And if you take these kinda threads seriously, then you're falling for it way too easily :zoinks:

I know you are trolling, if that is what you mean. I've seen you post on the topic for long enough and know the pattern. But my question was serious; I couldn't make sense of the para.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 05:07:34 PM »

The average Muslim is no more tolerant of a violent crime than is the average Christian.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 09:35:14 PM »

I was thinking about the muslims I know, the ones in the western world. Before I lived in this village I lived in a part of a city where half of the people were muslim. They differ as much from eachother as non-muslims.
You do see changes in muslim ways of life. Divorced women being warmly welcomed back home, in stead of being ostracised, or worse, killed. Gay muslims joining to openly celebrate the end of the ramadan. There are changes. It's not happening everywhere, it is a start. And, alas, the past ten years brought changes for the worse too. Since 9-11 there are more burkas than ever before. And that sucks. It's not even based on religion, but on one culture, and somehow it spreads as being a real muslim thing. It is not. I think burkas should not be allowed in public. When someone wears a balaclava, it will have to be removed when asked for an identity check up. There can be no exception for a burka.

I see changes in the 21st century.

I also know there are horrible regimes, and that regimes like to use religion to keep their people under control. Fear just works well.

There is no way to change foreign policies, apart from lots of diplomatic pressure and public action.

Within a western country, well, someone coming here has to respect the culture that is here. That means that forced marriages are not condoned, and, that for girls threatened to be given away in marriage during a holiday, there should be safe-houses, and repercussions for the parents. Girls need the same educational rights as boys. You see muslimas doing better in school than the average muslim boy btw.
Religion can't be an excuse to condone horrible practices. That is just as wrong as subscribing all horrible practices to a religion.

Our whole western culture has a strong history of racism, sexism. Doesn't mean that it always will be like that. But, as long as it was economically or politically profitable, our society was that, and there were excuses to be found, be it in christianity or in observations of nature.

And yes, islam religion can be used easily, but isn't used for that by default. And if you attack the religion, instead of the one doing the atrocities, that is not going to help. And it will make it harder for the religion to evolve in something more adapted to this era.

What's going on here?
the most recent post by PPK , quoted here,  doesn't seem to exist anymore   ???

-Walkie

ie this one:

Can others see it? Why can't I? (not that posterity will give a shit about it  :LOL: just puzzled)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:37:51 PM by DrunkardsWalk »

Osensitive1

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 09:39:42 PM »
Maybe he removed it.

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:04 PM »
Maybe he removed it.

Ah, you can delete your post w/o a trace here can you? (unless somebody quotes it) Didn't notice.

Hmm, he musta realised he was talking BS. But hang on....look at all the BS that's still here  :LOL:. Why just that bit?

-Walkie

P7PSP

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:49 PM »
Maybe he removed it.

I did not remove it, the site is taking a shit again.

P7PSP

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 09:50:22 PM »
I just sent renaeden a pm, hopefully she will be able to sort it out quick.

P7PSP

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2011, 09:54:12 PM »
Have removed a couple of things before. Sometimes second guess post when they might be considered gossip. Pretty sure I did it once by mistake too, when trying to edit and hit the delete button instead.
My post still shows as being up in my profile, but the time there shows 3:21:27 AM not the 3:44 AM that Hyke's quote shows.  ???

Osensitive1

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2011, 09:57:45 PM »
Yes, it is there, but see it as the correct time show in Hyke's quote from my view. Must just be a glitch. Are you posting from a phone?

P7PSP

« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2011, 10:01:01 PM »
Yes, it is there, but see it as the correct time show in Hyke's quote from my view. Must just be a glitch. Are you posting from a phone?
No, and I haven't let Butterflies use my computer either. She would have me ignoring myself.  :zoinks:

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2011, 10:08:32 PM »
Maybe he removed it.

I did not remove it, the site is taking a shit again.

Admin Conspiricaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :pirateship:
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.  

P7PSP

« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 10:10:25 PM »
Yes, we must get to the bottom of this. :tinfoil: