Educational

Author Topic: The admin forum  (Read 5428 times)

Eamonn

Re: The admin forum
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2006, 08:10:57 PM »
THe fact is that the brits got told what religion to follow with their monarch and the majority followed with that, unlike the Irish. There was some resistence of the conversion to the protestant faith when king Henry the 8th was refused another marriage from the pope so decided that the whole country should turn protestant to suit him and his new bit of skirt. The English followed with power because that's what they do.

I meant to say that the IRA's ground warfare and sabotage tactics were admired by leaders such as Churchill and used in ww2.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2006, 08:16:24 PM »
Your denigration of the skillful art of boxing

Brain bashing for entertainment

They are the most succesful small civilian army in history in regards to pioneering techniques and execution of these techniques.

In what respect, I find that a very pompous claim when there are 1000's of such conflict in history some of which have been even more succesful such as the complete exlpulsion of the invading japanese from Korea in the middle ages through the armed resistance of its civilians even when the army was decimated. Not to mention the resistance of ancient Judea to Babylon occupation.

For a start im not really sure how the IRA have "won" any kind of conflcit. The british still control northern ireland, Ireland itself doesnt want anything to do with it and you're going nowhere fast with this parliment. The English arn't exactly suffering day to day with the plight of Ireland and Gurillea warfare hasn't really changed that much since ancient times so im not sure what pioneering techniques your refering too. Though if pioneering techniques involves removing the voice box of Ian paisely im all for it.

I guess if your not fighting each other theres nothing much to do or talk about in ireland besides get drunk and dance and as Homer once wrote "Men tire of love and dance but not war" or something along those lines

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2006, 08:17:38 PM »
I meant to say that the IRA's ground warfare and sabotage tactics were admired by leaders such as Churchill and used in ww2.

Ego commando's then

Eamonn

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2006, 08:26:08 PM »

They are the most succesful small civilian army in history in regards to pioneering techniques and execution of these techniques.

In what respect, I find that a very pompous claim when there are 1000's of such conflict in history some of which have been even more succesful such as the complete exlpulsion of the invading japanese from Korea in the middle ages through the armed resistance of its civilians even when the army was decimated. Not to mention the resistance of ancient Judea to Babylon occupation.

For a start im not really sure how the IRA have "won" any kind of conflcit. The british still control northern ireland, Ireland itself doesnt want anything to do with it and you're going nowhere fast with this parliment. The English arn't exactly suffering day to day with the plight of Ireland and Gurillea warfare hasn't really changed that much since ancient times so im not sure what pioneering techniques your refering too. Though if pioneering techniques involves removing the voice box of Ian paisely im all for it.

I guess if your not fighting each other theres nothing much to do or talk about in ireland besides get drunk and dance and as Homer once wrote "Men tire of love and dance but not war" or something along those lines

Ireland won the republic back, that was a conflict they won, dummy. The English would be suffering day to day if they didnt back down on a lot of things. The pioneering techniques of the Republican Army (both old and new) are well documented. They have used high succes rate tacticts with  guerilla warfare techniques that have left the world in awe. They are the most technologically and tactically advanced civilian group this century, they have had engineers make bombs that are more sophisticated than you could hope to learn. How original are your comments about the Irish driinking and fighting, I think your trying to sell me a watch there, it's the English who are the drunken hooligans who have the worst reputation in Europe for football violence. You wouldnt understand the art or bravery involved in boxing so there is no point in going there.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2006, 08:40:25 PM »
THe fact is that the brits got told what religion to follow with their monarch and the majority followed with that, unlike the Irish. There was some resistence of the conversion to the protestant faith when king Henry the 8th was refused another marriage from the pope so decided that the whole country should turn protestant to suit him and his new bit of skirt. The English followed with power because that's what they do.

Well once again your trying to make it sound like a light bulb switch, one day were catholic next day were protestant tomorrow were buddhist. The whole conversion wasn't just over abit of pussy there was power and politics involved, i like this deep rooted catholic loathing going on here its very amusing. He basically made alot of effort to be a powerful infleunce in european affairs he helped back one side in a feud and when this side eventually won he was hoping this "favour" would get him elected the title of Holy roman emperor (your a catholic you should know what thats about) but instead the person he helped got the title and he was just given a lousy half arsed "Defender of the faith" title instead, still used to this day on coins and such, as a thankyou. Then theres the producing of an heir issue. See the pope exercised alot of power here say you married a wife who was infertile or had birth problems etc what happened then? An entire realm could plunge into chaos on the wim of a powerful man sitting in the vatican in rome.

Let me also point out another thing, every nation in europe which converted away from the catholic faith has done pretty well for itself

The UK
Netherlands
Germany
Sweden
Denmark
Finland (when they got away from being russian owned)
Norway (okish)

Catholic nations that are has beens or flopped down
Spain
Portugal
Italy (a shamble performance)
Greece
Hungary
Scotland (bankrupted itself)

Eamonn

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2006, 08:52:20 PM »
Ugh, possibly the most vile thing you can think of. A proddy jew. Catholicism is still the biggest Christian faith and the biggest religion as far as power goes, pretty much all the catholic countries you mention were great under catholicism and will be again, Unlike the jews, everybodies favourite wipping boys. How long ago was it that Greece was catholic? They, like Britain have fallen from grace since renouncing it. Im not even catholic anymore but recognise that it is the one true Christian religion and the most holy of all religions.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2006, 08:59:05 PM »

Ireland won the republic back, that was a conflict they won, dummy. The English would be suffering day to day if they didnt back down on a lot of things. The pioneering techniques of the Republican Army (both old and new) are well documented. They have used high succes rate tacticts with  guerilla warfare techniques that have left the world in awe. They are the most technologically and tactically advanced civilian group this century, they have had engineers make bombs that are more sophisticated than you could hope to learn. How original are your comments about the Irish driinking and fighting, I think your trying to sell me a watch there, it's the English who are the drunken hooligans who have the worst reputation in Europe for football violence. You wouldnt understand the art or bravery involved in boxing so there is no point in going there.

And these tactics are documented where? Point me to them names publishers i want to read them. Don't read out the pamphlet propaganda. So where are the hijacked planes flying into Sandhurst?

You wouldnt understand the art or bravery involved in boxing so there is no point in going there.

The same art the greeks applied to their statues celebrating the love of men

Eamonn

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2006, 09:01:57 PM »
Wondering how long before youd bring your love of men into the argument.

Im not going to do your research for you but helicopters have been used in IRA operations and in at least one of the many succesful IRA prison breaks. There is even a song about it.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2006, 09:14:37 PM »
Ugh, possibly the most vile thing you can think of. A proddy jew. Catholicism is still the biggest Christian faith and the biggest religion as far as power goes, pretty much all the catholic countries you mention were great under catholicism and will be again, Unlike the jews, everybodies favourite wipping boys. How long ago was it that Greece was catholic? They, like Britain have fallen from grace since renouncing it. Im not even catholic anymore but recognise that it is the one true Christian religion and the most holy of all religions.

Holy because emperor constantine told you so in exchange for letting a sect of the jewish faith become a state approved religion. You can see how the faith has been so succesful it has alot of hooks and traps which bind you to the irrationale conclusions of its mythology. I could pick on the obvious like the catholic church being the 2nd biggest investors in the armament industry and its stance on contraception sealing the fate of millions through HIV infection throughout the impoverished sectors of the world but its such a clicque argument

Really you just need to read the works of Luther Calvin and all the other people who saw it for what its worth

The world needs to move on beyond these teachings there no longer relevant we need to make something for our future not live the life of a wanton roman emperors bidding from 1500 years ago

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2006, 09:15:36 PM »
Wondering how long before youd bring your love of men into the argument

Your lack of knowledge doesn't suprise me on this subject

Look up the city state of Sparta in hellantic history then get back to me

Eamonn

« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2006, 09:20:05 PM »
The protestant religion is so forward looking, isnt it? The protestant leaders like the kings and queens of britain have done no wrong have they. This royal family, peer and class system we have in Britain is really us having moved on. Protestants base their whole faith around their catholicism that is why their called protestants, just a poor rip-off of catholicism.

Eamonn

« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2006, 09:21:52 PM »

I know about the spartans you clown but probably not to the extent that you do since im not a harry hoofter.

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2006, 09:23:53 PM »
Im not going to do your research for you but helicopters have been used in IRA operations and in at least one of the many succesful IRA prison breaks. There is even a song about it

Helicopters? Gunship or just a transport one? What make? Nah I think flying jet planes into buildings was abit more original myself or putting nerve gas in the toyko subway ventilation system

Amateurs

So where you guys involved in Vietnam, Irish war veterans in the viet cong "Holy shit missouri firing again, incoming ARGH!!!" "B 52? Oh no agent Orange!!"

Do you fight with the Maoist gurilleas in Nepal

Sod it why didnt you join up Eamonn it sounds like a free holiday

Offline Praetor

• Constant Poster
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2006, 09:26:08 PM »

I know about the spartans you clown but probably not to the extent that you do since im not a harry hoofter.

Staying down were you belong then, seal your fate

Postperson

« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2006, 09:28:10 PM »
This is a great argument for re-instating the "nationalism' category. Where did it go? I wanted to put my Soapdodgers thread in it, but I couldn't find it.