Educational

Author Topic: Should people who download music for free be puneshed?  (Read 1244 times)

Frolic_Fun

Re: Should people who download music for free be puneshed?
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
PC games are being pirated because companies like EA etc. are fucking putting all sorts of dodgy copyright protection into them. It pretty much puts people off from buying them.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2011, 03:26:25 PM »
PC games are being pirated because companies like EA etc. are fucking putting all sorts of dodgy copyright protection into them. It pretty much puts people off from buying them.

That is true. I don't think I'd want to use STEAM, or anything similar. For me I just prefer not to pay though. Lots of games are crap, and others don't run well on my computer.
People will always pirate games if they can though. I can't understand why anyone would pay £30-£50 for something they can get for free.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »
I like steam though, none of that "only can install it on so many computers" crap or installing rootkits. Can download it as many times as you want, on any computer. The games on there are cheaper than to buy in a shop, at most you'd only have to pay 30. Special deals come along and allow you to get games for the fraction of that. The only gripes is that they don't easily allow you to play them offline, and that they force you to update the game. Still, to me it's a step in the right direction.

I am wary of pirated games because the cracks used will disable things like online play etc. I also can't apply patches to them.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
I like steam though, none of that "only can install it on so many computers" crap or installing rootkits. Can download it as many times as you want, on any computer. The games on there are cheaper than to buy in a shop, at most you'd only have to pay 30. Special deals come along and allow you to get games for the fraction of that. The only gripes is that they don't easily allow you to play them offline, and that they force you to update the game. Still, to me it's a step in the right direction.

I am wary of pirated games because the cracks used will disable things like online play etc. I also can't apply patches to them.

I never play online, and I broke the computer I use to play games, so now I can't connect to the internet from it.

Scrapheap

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2011, 04:13:43 PM »
what d'you think bout this shit yo

Lick my love pump.