Educational

Author Topic: Your Resident Beer Snob has arrived!!  (Read 5070 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: Your Resident Beer Snob has arrived!!
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 08:52:50 PM »

we will have to get a beer sometime.

i live about 10 minutes from you.

I'm probably busy this weekend, but if not, there's a car show going on at my shop (91frwy and Wier canyon rd)

We could grab a beer nearby.

a couple of weeks, maybe.

iosn't wier canyon road way the hell out there, almost to Norco?

Yep, it's the second to last exit before you go into Riverside county. It's the Weir Canyon/ Yorba Linda Blvd exit. If you turn south, you go into Anaheim hills. If you turn north you go into Yorba Linda/ Savi Ranch. Our shop is in Savi Ranch.

do you like football?

if so, then maybe we can go to the espn zone and watch a sunday night game.  i have soccer practice for on of my daughters teams on mondays.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 05:25:19 PM »
So what is Your beer Beer Snob?
Guardian of the Empire

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 06:31:12 PM »
So what is Your beer Beer Snob?

Currently,   Schwelmer Hefeweizen. Unfortunately, the distributor for SoCal quit carrying it and the nearest place I can currently get it is Monterey County. I emailed the brewery and they replied that they were already in the process of finding a new supplier for SoCal.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 06:35:06 PM »
I have drunk many beers in My day foreign ones to but can not remember them right now it has been a while.
Guardian of the Empire

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2006, 06:37:08 PM »
I have drunk many beers in My day foreign ones to but can not remember them right now it has been a while.

And the number of beers you have drunk in your day probably makes it harder to remember right?

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2006, 06:46:05 PM »

And the number of beers you have drunk in your day probably makes it harder to remember right?
That for sure. In the height of My drinking days I drank 12 40oz bottles of Malt Liquor Beer. Now I drink 12oz bottles of beer instead. Thank God I don't drink everyday anymore.
Guardian of the Empire

Scrapheap

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2006, 07:43:37 PM »

That for sure. In the height of My drinking days I drank 12 40oz bottles of Malt Liquor Beer. Now I drink 12oz bottles of beer instead. Thank God I don't drink everyday anymore.

Jesus Tap-dancing Christ!! You did'nt die from alcohol poisoning?? How did you pull that off!!

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2006, 09:36:37 PM »
kicking with his homeys.

he would get really drunk and spill at least 5 of them.
Misunderstood.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2006, 09:40:46 PM »

Jesus Tap-dancing Christ!! You did'nt die from alcohol poisoning?? How did you pull that off!!
Just drink daily for seven to eight years straight You get used to it believe Me You build up a tolerance to it in the end.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2006, 09:42:12 PM »
kicking with his homeys.

he would get really drunk and spill at least 5 of them.
Sorry to say I drank alone I could only wish I spilled it on them.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2006, 07:50:49 PM »
Hey, Scrapheap. I have been a beer snob! Some of us are jealous of your job, ya know.

Well, I figured I'd look in here for myself instead of reading about it 'over there'.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Scrapheap

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »
Hey, Scrapheap. I have been a beer snob! Some of us are jealous of your job, ya know.

Well, I figured I'd look in here for myself instead of reading about it 'over there'.

Why did you quit being a beer snob??

Yeah I like my job, it sure has it's benefits!!

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 01:26:15 AM »
Didn't quit being a snob, just gave up alcohol. I was overmedicating. It's been over four years and I'm better off.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Leto729

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2006, 12:39:24 PM »
Just keep drinking. ;)
Guardian of the Empire

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 09:59:06 AM »
Oh, I did ... for many years, but like any other drug, it eventually loses it's 'good' effects. Side effects can also increase with extended use. When it gets to the point that the only way to break a hangover is to drink, there's a problem.

I do love a good stout or dark ale, but my priorities have changed in recent years.