Educational

Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15683 times)

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Personally I think starting this thread, and then running away and not answering questions that were directed at him makes DD seem either a coward, which I'm guessing he isn't, or someone trying to troll for a reaction :thumbdn: :thumbdn: :thumbdn:

Possibly, although he is responding to other threads (which I see popping up in my "Unread Posts" screen). Maybe he's just busy.

Of course, you are correct.

I do have two young children that still expect their only daddy to read to them in all of his mysterious stage drama-trained voices as they prepare for bed.

I would not miss this amazing and absolutely engaging daily experience/adventure for any amount of passing forum thread activity.

I did keep about ten or so threads open, active and methodically journeyed through them as the night progressed.

I am back again for the evening, but in about twenty minutes the same daily event will begin.

Yes. You had no time to reply. That's why you're posting in tons of other threads :wanker:

I chose my time, in my own way.

I generally do not read your posts. Lets us get one thing out into the open, shall we?

I rarely read your posts, and most especially never those directed at me, for obvious reasons. I do not like anything that you post and I have a gut feeling that, if I met you you, I would not like anything about you. I do not think I can gain from reading your posts and I follow my gut in this matter.

I did see, in a few of those who I do read who quoted you, that you are expecting something from me.

I can only say that, if you are such a smart person, you have already made up your mind. Nothing I can say will set or settle your mind for you.

If all that shows just how ignorant I truly am, then I am quite safe from your  brand of intellect.

The funny thing is, I haven't made up my mind about you. I dislike a certain part of your behaviour, but I've seen some parts of you that make me think you could be a decent person. If I'm honest I would like to hear why you adopt such an aggressive posting style towards people you disagree with. If I understood that maybe I might be better placed to make up my mind about you.

And forget the callout if you want. I'm happy to speak to you here.

But just so that you know that, even though I have stated quite concisely how little respect I hold for some of your views, I do not automatically disregard most people, outright.

I was reading to my daughter tonight and she wanted to make another choice of reading material, aside from what we were already reading - she wanted to read from a huge artful book I have by a photographer named, Anne Geddes. It is one of the books with babies in unbelievable circumstances as the subjects. When my daughter was a bit younger, we would look at Anne's work and I would read the captions to her in a kind of Fantasy or elfin voice that I drew from the art itself, then we would both make cooing baby sounds to match the photos, imagining what sounds such a comfortable baby would make, as pictured on each page of the artwork.

(I know,  :puke:     ... but she is MY daughter!)

Out of the fucking blue, my daughter wanted to show me her very favorite of all of Anne Geddes' work. She chose, as her very favorite, the image of a sleeping baby with a butterfly having landed upon its upper back as it dreamt soundly within the comfort of the pristine, full blossomed petals of a purple-heart, phalaenopsis orchid.

The caption was an intriguing notion:

“There are no seven wonders of the world in the eyes of a child. There are seven million.”

This all happened earlier this evening. Honestly, I seldom ignore such parallels.  (... also, she has never seen a single page of this forum, either. This occurred merely as an interesting coincidence.)

See. I hear you speaking about your kids and I genuinely think you sound like a great dad. I love old guys that are into music, and sometimes you say things that are genuinely funny. In so many ways you are the type of person I really want to like.

I just can't understand why you appear so aggresive and OTT at other times. People disagree with you. Why do you need to be so rude to them? The reason I want to understnad is not because I want to fight you. I honestly want to understand you.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Sounded to me like he gave up on you already. Just like he gave up on everyone else outside the USA.  :zoinks: DD maybe you should go back to the south Texas border.

Not really up for all the beheadings and pirate-like shit happening on the lake where my grandfather taught me to fish for freshwater bass.

My brother still lives there, though. he says it is far worse than what makes the national news.

:'(
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

<CHOP>
See. I hear you speaking about your kids and I genuinely think you sound like a great dad. I love old guys that are into music, and sometimes you say things that are genuinely funny. In so many ways you are the type of person I really want to like.

I just can't understand why you appear so aggresive and OTT at other times. People disagree with you. Why do you need to be so rude to them? The reason I want to understnad is not because I want to fight you. I honestly want to understand you.

OK, B'fly, what do you want to know that I have not already spent about four years laying out for everyone about as clearly as any personal dissection could be.

I am an aggressive, hot tempered person (Irish and Italian heritage) who also patiently grows flowers from seeds. I have been abused and viciously attacked in the past so, I have learned to physically defend myself quite well yet I seek to help others in any way that I can. I am a late bloomer and married a younger woman and so, at fifty six, I have two kids not yet in their teens - now you know why I have so much hands-on work to do with them every day. I work eight to ten hours per day at a meaningless job, come home, exhausted, and usually spend a half hour beating the hell out of a hanging sandbag that I hit and kick for all I am worth until I am soaked with sweat. I drink more water than any other human you have ever seen, but I am alcohol free. I am rarely ever sick, but I have had to have my wisdom teeth removed twice already and they are growing back again. My right hip is giving up and I am going in for a procedure to correct it in February - my courage allows me to cry a bit over my dreading. I have about fifty odd musical instruments, several of which I can play a bit. I own some historically significant treasures, but I rarely share them with anyone I know. I usually keep three or four books going at the same time, quoting sometimes full paragraphs that have inspired me, but at times I have to think a bit to remember where I keep my clean towels. I do collect weaponry, but many of my latest acquisitions have been blades of various sorts. My garage is useless as a place to park a car, because I do woodworking and normally have a couple or three projects going in varying stages of completion. I have done well for myself in life, but I live a very minimalistic lifestyle. I do own over twelve thousand CDs, about three thousand DVDs and some rather esoteric sound equipment, though.

A large portion of my life is spelled out on these pages, if you care to read back a bit. I am not hiding. I even posted a real pic of myself in the "members"  thread.

BTW, I do not know what OTT means. It makes me think of an open source template coding, though.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

I do own over twelve thousand CDs

Fucking hell

How'd you manage that?

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
BTW, I do not know what OTT means. It makes me think of an open source template coding, though.

"Over the top"
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

I do own over twelve thousand CDs

Fucking hell

How'd you manage that?

I have lived a lot of years, rarely short of money and I have been obsessed with music since I was a child. I did not think that mentioning the four thousand plus LPs I own as relevant, but my interest in music goes back to the time before CDs were invented.

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

"Over the top"

Nice!

... a boxing reference.  I boxed in high school (early seventies) as a light heavy weight.   :-\

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

<CHOP>

OK, B'fly, what do you want to know that I have not already spent about four years laying out for everyone about as clearly as any personal dissection could be.

I am an aggressive, hot tempered person (Irish and Italian heritage) who also patiently grows flowers from seeds. I have been abused and viciously attacked in the past so, I have learned to physically defend myself quite well yet I seek to help others in any way that I can. I am a late bloomer and married a younger woman and so, at fifty six, I have two kids not yet in their teens - now you know why I have so much hands-on work to do with them every day. I work eight to ten hours per day at a meaningless job, come home, exhausted, and usually spend a half hour beating the hell out of a hanging sandbag that I hit and kick for all I am worth until I am soaked with sweat. I drink more water than any other human you have ever seen, but I am alcohol free. I am rarely ever sick, but I have had to have my wisdom teeth removed twice already and they are growing back again. My right hip is giving up and I am going in for a procedure to correct it in February - my courage allows me to cry a bit over my dreading. I have about fifty odd musical instruments, several of which I can play a bit. I own some historically significant treasures, but I rarely share them with anyone I know. I usually keep three or four books going at the same time, quoting sometimes full paragraphs that have inspired me, but at times I have to think a bit to remember where I keep my clean towels. I do collect weaponry, but many of my latest acquisitions have been blades of various sorts. My garage is useless as a place to park a car, because I do woodworking and normally have a couple or three projects going in varying stages of completion. I have done well for myself in life, but I live a very minimalistic lifestyle. I do own over twelve thousand CDs, about three thousand DVDs and some rather esoteric sound equipment, though.

A large portion of my life is spelled out on these pages, if you care to read back a bit. I am not hiding. I even posted a real pic of myself in the "members"  thread.

Thank you. I do appreciate that. And to be honest you do sound very cool.

The one thing I would like to know is why you appear so rude sometimes. You often appear very aggresive towarsds people you appear to have no reason to dislike. I would like to know why you do that, and even if you're aware that you do it.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to apologize for some of the things I said earlier in the thread. Not all things, but certainly some things.

Perhaps we don't need to dislike eachother.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore

<CHOP>

Thank you. I do appreciate that. And to be honest you do sound very cool.

The one thing I would like to know is why you appear so rude sometimes. You often appear very aggresive towarsds people you appear to have no reason to dislike. I would like to know why you do that, and even if you're aware that you do it.

I would also like to take this oppurtunity to apologize for some of the things I said earlier in the thread. Not all things, but certainly some things.

Perhaps we don't need to dislike eachother.

I do not really feel aggressive at all. I usually feel like a submissive wimp who is constantly walked over like a floor mat. I have been told my entire life that I am quite aggressive, very determined and forceful and I have come to believe it, but I do not feel that way. I am usually timid around new people and I have trouble accepting them (BTW, YOU are still new to me).

Unfortunately, pure logic and simple reason do not always surface when I relax into the real me. I only come here to relax and I can be myself and sometimes blow off steam.  I have actually let go of all the other forums I used to visit, except for one audio site, one jazz artists site, Joe Satriani's site and Dunc's place. I have chosen this site to relax.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I take back what I said about you acting like a twat. You are being reasonable here and this is the kind of DD I think is cool, for what it's worth

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I appreciate that insight into your person. I regret the way this whole incident came about, buit I am glad that it did. This sounds silly, but it annoyed me badly that I was not able to decide whether I liked you or not. Now I feel in a much better position to form an opinion on you. I have read some of your posts about your kids, and I am sometimes touched by the warmth, love, and affection you seem to have for them

I hope there are no hard feelings.

I would just ask you to do one thing. When you feel a bit angry or pissed off at someone on this site, please think about whether they really deserve for you to be mean to them, before you say not nice stuff to them. Please consider the possibility that the first impression of you some people on this site get is of feeling attacked by you, while not understanding why you are attacking them. Perhaps some people form a negative impression of you based on that first confrontation. I know that was where my negative feelings towards you came from.

eris

I never expected it to go this far.

:facepalm2:

You guys fucking roKK!!

Everybody hates you.  :LOL: Congrats!

I don't hate DD :) I agree with a small amount of things he has to say. But when people repeatedly snap at me sometimes I get urges. All is forgiven, just please stop taking me so seriously from now on.

I appreciate that insight into your person. I regret the way this whole incident came about, buit I am glad that it did. This sounds silly, but it annoyed me badly that I was not able to decide whether I liked you or not. Now I feel in a much better position to form an opinion on you. I have read some of your posts about your kids, and I am sometimes touched by the warmth, love, and affection you seem to have for them

I hope there are no hard feelings.

I would just ask you to do one thing. When you feel a bit angry or pissed off at someone on this site, please think about whether they really deserve for you to be mean to them, before you say not nice stuff to them. Please consider the possibility that the first impression of you some people on this site get is of feeling attacked by you, while not understanding why you are attacking them. Perhaps some people form a negative impression of you based on that first confrontation. I know that was where my negative feelings towards you came from.

:thumbup: I agree with this too

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Not really up for all the beheadings and pirate-like shit happening on the lake where my grandfather taught me to fish for freshwater bass.

My brother still lives there, though. he says it is far worse than what makes the national news.

:/ Yeah I saw that.

I don't really get the patriotism thing. I'm for the US gun laws, I'm not for playing world nanny, but I'm not under any illusions that the only worthwhile people in the world are within one arbitrary border.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

:/ Yeah I saw that.

I don't really get the patriotism thing. I'm for the US gun laws, I'm not for playing world nanny, but I'm not under any illusions that the only worthwhile people in the world are within one arbitrary border.

:lol:

I'm sure you're on the wind-up, but if you're not you would be the kind of white-trash that sadly gives the good people of America a bad name.