Educational

Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15685 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Course, I'll probably annoy DD more by agreeing with him than otherwise. Yay for equal opportunity annoyance!
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
If we piss him off too much though, he might get his gun and go off on a killing spree - I mean he is aspie after all, and we all know what autistic people are like when they get hold of a gun  :zoinks:

I can't stand him, but I think he's probably a decent guy underneath. I just don't understand his need to constantly act like an obnoxious, ignorant twunt.

TBH if he had just been man enough to stay around and discuss what he said, none of thisw ould have happened. I can't understand why he came out with a lot of bigoted BS, and then slinked away, even though he was being directly questioned on his coments. It doesn't seem very manly to me. I would have thought a big bad dirt dog would have been big enough to stand his ground, and back up his words.

TBH I'm not surprised though. It's not the first time he's pulled this crap with me :facepalm2:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
He seems easily pissed off tbh

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
He seems easily pissed off tbh

"Easily pissed off"  :laugh: He seems fucking Will Freund unstable :laugh:

P7PSP

Yep. Most people here dislike GR, so any little bit of bullshit he posts will get a reaction. Someone like DD though, the same people will mostly just ignore it

:agreed:

And the sad thing is, DD should know better than that. Everybody standing quietly and saying nothing only lets him think statements like that are acceptable. I think DD has the ability to learn, and maybe if some more people showed disaproval he would learn that it is not acceptable conduct, even on a site like this, and hopefully learn from his mistakes.
And the sad thing is, DD should know better than that. Everybody standing quietly and saying nothing only lets him think statements like that are acceptable. I think DD has the ability to learn, and maybe if some more people showed disaproval he would learn that it is not acceptable conduct, even on a site like this, and hopefully learn from his mistakes.

You've got to be kidding me.

*sends waves of snooty impotent moral indignation DD's way*
*thinks better of it and flashes two thumbs up instead*

But then agagin, I'm not an inbred, degenerate american  :snowman:
I agree with Pyraxis. Your indignation is rather selective.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Yep. Most people here dislike GR, so any little bit of bullshit he posts will get a reaction. Someone like DD though, the same people will mostly just ignore it

:agreed:

You've got to be kidding me.

*sends waves of snooty impotent moral indignation DD's way*
*thinks better of it and flashes two thumbs up instead*

But then agagin, I'm not an inbred, degenerate american  :snowman:
I agree with Pyraxis. Your indignation is rather selective.

I don't think I've said anything nasty about America at all. Mostly because I have nothing at all against America. TBH I would hope Soph was joking with that comment, and I assume he was. I did make a point of asking Dirtdawg politely to clarify his comment, and got no response at all. If someone had seriously asked Soph if he really held that view about Americans, I'm sure he would have told them it was just a wind-up.
I don't like xenophobia no matter what direction it is going in. There is a big difference between banter, and xenophobia. Dirtdawg was given ample oppurtunity to explain away his comments as harmless banter, and if he had I would have been the first to join in the laughing. As far as I know nobody took Sophs comment seriously, or at least they never asked him to clarify his comments. If Soph seriously stands by his comments, I will be the first person to say they are wrong.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Exactly. No one who knows me would seriously think I assume all americans are inbred or degenerate. Also, look at the fucking snowman smiley next to it :P

I think I told semicolon, when he asked, that I was mostly just fucking around to argue with people. I can't remember if that's exactly what I said though, so don't quote me to that.

My post is totally different to DD's, so unless I'm just missing DD's sense of humour here (which I will accept is possible, people here often do the same with me), then it's a pretty weird comparison lol

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Exactly. No one who knows me would seriously think I assume all americans are inbred or degenerate. Also, look at the fucking snowman smiley next to it :P

I think I told semicolon, when he asked, that I was mostly just fucking around to argue with people. I can't remember if that's exactly what I said though, so don't quote me to that.

My post is totally different to DD's, so unless I'm just missing DD's sense of humour here (which I will accept is possible, people here often do the same with me), then it's a pretty weird comparison lol

That's the same with me. I'm not sure if his behaviour is his idea of humour. I spent ages hoping his ignorant behaviour was just a slightly bad joke, but I tried my best to discuss his comments, and he totally ignored me. Therefore I've got no option but to assume that he thinks this is reasonable behaviour :thumbdn:

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.

I don't believe that you ever said that (unless I missed the post, which is a possibility). When I asked if your were trying to start an argument and you didn't answer, I simply assumed that I was correct. :)

Not that it really matters. As far as I know, no one was offended by your statements. Also, that was a very entertaining argument you stirred up. :clap:
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Yeah it seems that way to me as well. I dunno why so many americans* get so worked up about the gun debate. More than other issues I mean. Guess it's just something most people in Europe will never

*omg I'm making generalisations! Shoot me!  :zoinks:

I don't believe that you ever said that (unless I missed the post, which is a possibility). When I asked if your were trying to start an argument and you didn't answer, I simply assumed that I was correct. :)

Not that it really matters. As far as I know, no one was offended by your statements. Also, that was a very entertaining argument you stirred up. :clap:

wow I thought I answered that post you made. I remember reading it anyway. I'll see if I can find my response. Maybe I just forgot or couldn't be arsed.

Scrapheap

Can't you guys let me play devil's advocate without messing with my equilibrium yo!!! :smarty:

No, we can't. :P

Refer to the one rule of I2.

We have rules around here??   :autism:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Here's my reply:

Yeah I notice now I didn't actually say outright that I was just fucking around, but I thought most people would realise that from what I did say - ie I was just lookig to argue, but that I do agree with stricter gun laws

:laugh: Honestly? I feel like arguing. Not necessarily drama. Something to post in though. I can't be arsed with just the usual crap much anymore
But I definitely do prefer the gun laws we have in this country though, rather than american ones

but the "bad guys" will still have guns. I think it is important to be able to defend yourself.

Here the "bad guys" almost exclusively use them on each other - it's usually gang related and drugs related. Very unlikely I will ever get shot. If my neighbours all had guns though...

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
Can't you guys let me play devil's advocate without messing with my equilibrium yo!!! :smarty:

No, we can't. :P

Refer to the one rule of I2.

We have rules around here??   :autism:

Quote from: Intensity Squared Home Page
We stand for freedom of expression, combative debate, and the generation of ideas. There are no boundaries here over what may be said, save for one rule - be prepared to back up your words. Or face the wrath of the community.
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore

Yes. Yesterday we had a fun argument between Brits and Yanks. Some trash talk, and some teasing, but no animosity. As soon as DirtDawg started spewing his vitriol it all changed and the Brits and Yanks are at each others throats. The only difference I noticed was DirtDawg.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
I guess some people just can't handle a bit of piss-taking :dunno: