Author Topic: OK, Let's do it again. Why do you Brits have such retarded, faggotty gun laws?  (Read 15706 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Who?

HU!

*groan*

I think it was you who (I mean hu who) pointed out that this could easily turn into an Abbott And Costello routine without even trying.
  :zombiefuck:

Hu? Me? :trollface:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
40000 gun casualties a year yet to to be explained away.
Once again the number presented is inflated, so thus incorrect according to current reliable sources of fact. No one has tried to explain it away.

I said "casualties" Not "deaths".  So 40K a year is about average isn't it?  With approx 12K deaths.

This website keeps a running total of verified incidents for the year.  As of today (4th June) it's up to 5569 deaths from 22000 incidents including 238 children.   Or are these numbers inflated?
Average based on what? Assumed that meant deaths, and wondering why the actual numbers aren't good enough to build an argument. It's not like that source wasn't already handed out, so have no clue where 12k deaths is coming from; it's well more than double that, even firearm suicide is over 20k so have no clue what's being said. Haven't taken the time to look up non-death related injuries; have you? Have tried to be helpful in this discussion, by demonstrating how the US is an excellent example of effective gun control implementation, providing US government sources for homicide, suicide, accidents, and even legitimate dead baby data. Have already basically proven your point for you that gun control works, but will leave it to you to demonstrate how gun bans are effective.

Compare the statistics between yourselves and a country that has gun controls like the UK (Note I said "controls".  We do not ban guns.)   It's easy to do.  Everyone has done it.  Do I have to do it again?  We both know it will be a waste of my time as you will ignore it and throw another NRA dogma turd on the floor.

Ever got that feeling that you're trying to teach a dog a card trick?

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Compare the statistics between yourselves and a country that has gun controls like the UK (Note I said "controls".  We do not ban guns.)
Why does that statement come across like US doesn't have gun control? The US has had citizen targeted gun control measures for almost as long as the UK has had a ban on handguns. Yes, the UK does ban guns. During that time, since the US Brady Act and UK handgun ban, the US has shown remarkable improvement in homicide rate trends over the last twenty years, while the UK hasn't. You've made the claim that the proof gun control works is any other western nation with gun control, and I've effectively shown otherwise; the US is the proof gun control works. So, if you're not promoting gun bans in the US, then what exactly are you saying?

We both know it will be a waste of my time as you will ignore it and throw another NRA dogma turd on the floor.
Haven't ignored anything said, nor provided any NRA dogma. NRA dogma promotes gun ownership as a positive. Personally view guns as neither positive nor negative, so it's not only unfair but also untrue to make that claim about anything I've said in this discussion. If you're wasting your time talking to me, then stop talking to me.

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
My time is so rare and precious, even the Smithsonian can't appraise its value.  :zoinks:
:gopher:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
My time is so rare and precious, even the Smithsonian can't appraise its value.  :zoinks:

Gophers are so common and cheap, every redneck diner serves a 99-cent roadkill special.  :evillaugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.
My time is so valuable people take a number and wait for it.  :zoinks:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.

Your pelt is so scruffy, only the desperate wear wigs made of it. :trollface:

"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so

:lol1:
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Gopher Gary

• sockpuppet alert!
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • I'm not wearing pants.

The Donald knows exactly how valuable The Gopher's time truly is.  :zoinks:

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Oh dear.  Apparantly someone has entered a Florida gay bar with a semi-automatic mental health issue.  He fired at least 20 shots with this mental health issue and there are multiple casualties.

When will people realise that their constitutional rights to have mental health issues are killing people?

Thank god we have the NRA to tell us the truth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/36510272

Modified to say:  Some reports are saying that the mental health issue was a fully automatic type.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
+

Good post.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Reports say the shooter was also wearing a bomb. What exactly is the solution being advocated again? Or is the conversation now one of talking at me instead of to me?

Offline Jack

• Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Can't you see I've been trying to agree with you on a certain level, FourAceDeal? You've been all over the place in this discussion, to the point of my not knowing exactly what is being suggested or even discussed. Laws which control and judge an entire population based on the acts of a society's criminal element are not fair and just laws. Propose at least one problem solving suggestion, with a supporting argument which is fairly applied to all citizens. Just one. Am not going to do it for you. Unless of course, the intention is to now report in this thread on every US shooting, while claiming to be right...about something.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Reports say the shooter was also wearing a bomb. What exactly is the solution being advocated again? Or is the conversation now one of talking at me instead of to me?

Sorry mate.  I really do apologise.  If he was wearing a bomb then obviously it doesn't count.

Offline FourAceDeal

• Elder
  • Postwhore
Can't you see I've been trying to agree with you on a certain level, FourAceDeal? You've been all over the place in this discussion, to the point of my not knowing exactly what is being suggested or even discussed. Laws which control and judge an entire population based on the acts of a society's criminal element are not fair and just laws. Propose at least one problem solving suggestion, with a supporting argument which is fairly applied to all citizens. Just one. Am not going to do it for you. Unless of course, the intention is to now report in this thread on every US shooting, while claiming to be right...about something.

Just the big ones.  I don't have the time to do them all.