Author Topic: Post here if the site is dead.  (Read 16793 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post here if the site is dead.
« Reply #450 on: May 15, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
And again.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #451 on: May 17, 2019, 01:50:19 AM »
I've had a very busy week so I haven't had the time.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #452 on: May 17, 2019, 11:58:44 AM »
Gardening, yard work, trash picking....I'm trying. Honest.  :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #453 on: May 18, 2019, 01:20:07 AM »
Can you come over and do some garden work here, too, please? :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #454 on: May 18, 2019, 07:56:49 PM »
Gardening, indeed. I am very proud of how my garden is coming together for this year. I invested in some flowers for curb appeal this year.
I also added another large raised bed in the back yard for vegetables.
I use eight foot four by fours, cedar and stack them three high, staggering the joints and anchoring them with re-bar. This bed is sixteen by four feet. Loaded with cole crops and a few beans.

Everything is looking great, for now.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 07:59:59 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #455 on: May 19, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »
Our garden is a mess and we need to do something fairly major about it this year.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Icequeen

• News Box Slave
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I peopled today.
« Reply #456 on: May 19, 2019, 08:01:33 AM »
Our garden is a mess and we need to do something fairly major about it this year.

Plant more shit, that's my coping strategy for the hillside. The weeds blend in with the flowers.

(Not really it's a fucking mess but the flowers draw your attention)

Seriously this hill...I don't know WTF my dad was thinking when he fell in love with this house some days.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #457 on: May 19, 2019, 09:00:31 PM »

Agree with IQ, completely, but also just some time spent cutting back and tidying up can do wonders.

A few locally purchased temporary annual plants can really dress up the place for a few months.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #458 on: May 19, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »
Water restrictions starting here. They've even powered up the desalination plant. No point planting anything that needs much water.

Been busy crying over the election result here.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #459 on: May 19, 2019, 10:01:03 PM »
Water restrictions starting here. They've even powered up the desalination plant. No point planting anything that needs much water.

Been busy doing that here, too.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #460 on: May 20, 2019, 02:44:21 AM »

Been busy doing that here, too.

(note that Liberal = Conservative)

Chalk this up as a victory for the Murdochracy. So many people who will be much worse off under the Liberals voted for them anyway. People weren't stupid, they weren't selfish. Too many were simply misinformed.

The only positive is that Sportsbet paid out early on all the bets on Labor. And then had to pay out again when the Libs got home.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #461 on: June 22, 2019, 07:45:08 AM »
I voted for Liberals. Labour is not the party it once was. The days of Hawke and Keating are long gone.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Walkie

• Wooden sword crusader of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #462 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

in the Uk , Labour=Conservative too  :'( . that's why so many of us got sick of voting.
To everybody's surprise we now have an actual Sociallist  leading the labour party, but most of  the Labour MPs and councillors are still Tories wearing  red ties.  He's got a long way to go, before reforming the party back into what it's supposed to be.

Offline Tequila

• Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #463 on: June 22, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »

in the Uk , Labour=Conservative too  :'( . that's why so many of us got sick of voting.
To everybody's surprise we now have an actual Sociallist  leading the labour party, but most of  the Labour MPs and councillors are still Tories wearing  red ties.  He's got a long way to go, before reforming the party back into what it's supposed to be.

Labour has never been this extreme. This lot are bad for democracy. I'd vote for a centre-left Labour party but not these nutcases. A bit like how a minarchist Tory party would be dangerous. They're bullies who threaten the state.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 12:00:46 PM by Tequila »

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #464 on: June 22, 2019, 09:46:18 PM »

Labour has never been this extreme. This lot are bad for democracy. I'd vote for a centre-left Labour party but not these nutcases. A bit like how a minarchist Tory party would be dangerous. They're bullies who threaten the state.

Yes, the true Centre Left Liberal is better than both the rigid traditionalist or the Progressive Authoritarians. The problem is that they seek acceptance from or are bullied from the Progressives
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap