Author Topic: Neurotypical  (Read 1353 times)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Neurotypical
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2009, 01:55:56 PM »
chauvinist ass, like i said.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline JustGiveIn

• Part of the Chaos
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2009, 03:08:55 PM »
Nevertheless, he was at pains to distance himself from the aspie-bashing sadly evident in spouse support groups, and he seems to hold in genuine affection the people on

*sigh* I never understand why spouses (mostly women  ::) ) put all the blame on their AS spouse when it takes two to tango?
From what I read on those boards, there is more of an issue of women not wanting to actually leave bad husbands, and instead bitching about it than poor NT partners being hurt by AS partners.  AS/NT seemed to have little to nothing to do with a lot of the complaints.

Yeah- to properly troll it would have to be meaner, to be proper satire it would have to be funnier.  I mean, he is pointing out the obvious to an audience that doesnt want to hear it, but there's no edge or finesse.

Clarification, Im autistic and this post is not a troll.

The term was made up by one author and subsequently caught on like wildfire. Its not a real word and not even a official term in any viable sense. Neurodiversity IS, even sovanu could see the difference between the implications of the two. Then again sovanu's most likely a typical aspie.

do I expect a group of people who generally beleive everything they read, take most points to their most literal interpretation and are resistant to change to ACTUALLY get anything from this thread. nope.

thankfully not everyones so typical.
Honey, troll or not, you are rapidly making yourself seem like more and more of an asshole by how you post on these boards.

As as for it not being a "real word," neologisms have a tendency to become "real words," especially in the English language.

About me being an asshole...
-

Intro post-
that being said, I am kinda a dick and most likely will be hated anyways, so I might aswell get that out of the way right at the start

however, I do have around 30 posts here already, which is def. A new internet forum record for me (excluding twoplustwo). I enjoy intensity because I can be myself to some extent, be a dick when I want to and tell people how I feel without watering it down to appease to moderators. I care how people view me here about as much as you do elle, Im assuming. Didnt think Id enjoy talking to other neurodiverse people so much :)

Last night I realized a couple spots where I mis-intrepted someone and took sentences far too literally and others where I was just a dick for no reason.

Also, I like to think Im aware of how im coming to in some sense and this may shock you (omg), but ive felt bad sometimes for being harsh to people I hardly know, within a community I actually like. Im sure if I met sovanu dirtdawg callaway or whoever we could get along, but as of right now everyones just a screenname to me. so fuckem all.  :)

and if you inspire me to write another fun loving mr nice guy post, I may just black out. so Im just gonna enjoy this one for the time being.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
About me being an asshole...
-

Intro post-
that being said, I am kinda a dick and most likely will be hated anyways, so I might aswell get that out of the way right at the start

however, I do have around 30 posts here already, which is def. A new internet forum record for me (excluding twoplustwo). I enjoy intensity because I can be myself to some extent, be a dick when I want to and tell people how I feel without watering it down to appease to moderators. I care how people view me here about as much as you do elle, Im assuming. Didnt think Id enjoy talking to other neurodiverse people so much :)

Last night I realized a couple spots where I mis-intrepted someone and took sentences far too literally and others where I was just a dick for no reason.

Also, I like to think Im aware of how im coming to in some sense and this may shock you (omg), but ive felt bad sometimes for being harsh to people I hardly know, within a community I actually like. Im sure if I met sovanu dirtdawg callaway or whoever we could get along, but as of right now everyones just a screenname to me. so fuckem all.  :)

and if you inspire me to write another fun loving mr nice guy post, I may just black out. so Im just gonna enjoy this one for the time being.
Honey, don't fret yourself; it's just the internet, and my opinion only means as much to you as you let it.  I do rather think you're an asshole, but there's a chance that you'll turn out to have some redeeming quality or other that overrides my opinion of your assholery enough to prevent me from actually hating you.  :P
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2009, 06:00:55 PM »
Quote from: JustGiveIn
and if you inspire me to write another fun loving mr nice guy post, I may just black out.

:plus:

for this.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2009, 11:11:22 PM »
As as for it not being a "real word," neologisms have a tendency to become "real words," especially in the English language.

That's one of the reasons why English sucks. Look at Icelandic. Same as it was 1000 years ago.

Other way around. Stagnant mean death.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 01:01:29 AM »
In Australia, almost no one would understand what you meant if you said "neurotypical", "NT" or whatever. They might understand what you meant by saying "non-autistic", though.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 01:32:07 AM »
Do any NTs anywhere understand what NT means

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 01:41:01 AM »
Only if they know autistics. :P
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 01:52:45 AM »
it's a secret insult. :P we could say you stupid NT! and they wouldn't be offended.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 03:54:12 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
Only if they know autistics. :P
C'est vrai.

it's a secret insult. :P we could say you stupid NT! and they wouldn't be offended.
:laugh:  Unless they know what 'stupid' means.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 02:19:29 PM »
 :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 05:00:07 PM »

I don't think that there is a single "NT" who works at the store where I also work.

I used to think the GM, who loves to play "direct literal interpretation"  tricks on me, because he has learned that he can trump me, was totally NT, however, I have seen him, in recent weeks, become overloaded on more than one occasion from sensory interference. (He can hide, but he can't hide THIS from ME - LoL!)

There might still be a few who I barely know and there is probably any number of explanations for the behaviors I have witnessed in those who I "barely know," but the simple fact remains that there could still be "something"  to what I am seeing in them.

So, my broad statement is intended to be relative to the fallibility of my my own interpretations, but even projecting my selfish self upon them does not COMPLETELY excuse their tipping up their days.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2016, 03:09:20 PM »

I don't think that there is a single "NT" who works at the store where I also work.

I used to think the GM, who loves to play "direct literal interpretation"  tricks on me, because he has learned that he can trump me, was totally NT, however, I have seen him, in recent weeks, become overloaded on more than one occasion from sensory interference. (He can hide, but he can't hide THIS from ME - LoL!)

There might still be a few who I barely know and there is probably any number of explanations for the behaviors I have witnessed in those who I "barely know," but the simple fact remains that there could still be "something"  to what I am seeing in them.

So, my broad statement is intended to be relative to the fallibility of my my own interpretations, but even projecting my selfish self upon them does not COMPLETELY excuse their tipping up their days.

Bumping because, contrary to some of my earlier assumptions, I do have moments like this myself.   :GA:
"Too much incoming," especially too many people talking/too much noise/too much information at once,
and I get rattled and agitated.  I even have a "tell" that my coworkers recognize:  I kind of throw my hands
up in the air, sometimes wave them a bit.  Though even my thoroughly "normal" boss can't stand it when
everybody talks at her at once or when there's too much noise in the background.  Probably a common gripe.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:11:11 PM by couldbecousin »
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"