Educational

Author Topic: Is it all about being right?  (Read 8834 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Is it all about being right?
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »
I suspect Randy lost his Internet access. It's been known to happen.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2011, 02:01:23 PM »

Oh noes He's been offline for a hell of a long time:'( :'( I notice it's his birthday. Maybe if I make him a happy birthday thread he''ll see it and come back to us. ;D

P7PSP

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2011, 02:07:59 PM »

Oh noes He's been offline for a hell of a long time:'( :'( I notice it's his birthday. Maybe if I make him a happy birthday thread he''ll see it and come back to us. ;D
Send him some noodz and ginseng.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2011, 02:09:02 PM »

Go ahead. This board has been an easy read for far too long.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2011, 03:02:40 PM »
I meant that in five days you'll be history here. Why care about something you don't wish to be part of?
'cause i'm sensative.  :zoinks:

But i see your point. aye, aye captian. what i think doesnt matter, you can run this place anyways you want :arrr:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2011, 04:51:14 PM »
I never thought it was a conspieracy. I've only said that like 8468921 times, Ist there like a auto prune mechianism on this board? then you wouldnt need 5 people to prune things in every log. If there isnt, Why dont you just do that yourself? I know other webmasters and pruning isnt that difficult of a job. And its not like 1,000 people post here on this website every day

I just think you would have some safeguards in place, so that something like this if it did happen would be ruled yay or nah with confidence

In the event you "allowed" Odeon to individually take up this onerous task, all that would mean is when shit went down, it would equally be unproveable but instead of mindlessly attacking Callaway integrity you would be attacking Odeon's. Amirite? Moron. I am right  :growup:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Osensitive1

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »
I like your new avatar, richard. "I can just taste all those pieces of eight. And doubloons. And triploons. And, uh, quadruploons. And, uh, uh, quintuploons."

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2011, 07:30:48 PM »
I don't believe that you can accurately gauge who on this forum is whose intellectual superior.
That said I believe you are smarter than me Callaway.
I think that there has been probably 3 or 4 occasions that I have disagreed with you and said so. Maybe about the same with Odeon.
I have no problem with disagreeing with you or Odeon or anyone on this site. I (as seen with Odeon) have no problems with calling out anyone if I believe in whatever strongly. I am not intimidated by anyone here and IQ or not withstanding, Pyraxis do you think I am hopelessly outgunned going up against Odeon or Callaway because of my lower IQ?
Do you think I was on the last callout I did?

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Sir Les.

It's possible that I have the higher IQ, but someone's IQ is just a score on a test, so people who are good at taking that sort of test have higher IQs than people who aren't so good at taking them.  IMO, that doesn't mean that the person who has the higher IQ is necessarily smarter in ways that really matter.  I think that there are lots of different kinds of smart that IQ tests don't test for.

I think you are very good at arguing your point of view, probably better than I am.  I think that you are right that we have disagreed about things a handful of times and every time, you did a good job arguing your points.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2011, 08:49:52 PM »
Damn this got long.

Because that, Pyraxis, is a big part of how this place can enable people. You can say your piece here, without having to watch your tongue or wonder how to follow unspoken rules. Sure, people will fight back but isn't that the point? Sure, some have greater language skills than others but what would you expect us to do about that? Censor ourselves? Only use two-syllable words?

Why should this place be different for us?

Been thinking about this. There's still unspoken rules here, like the current one about not talking about people's kids. Which I may have to break at some point if I'm to ever work out the shit with Callaway. I just hold different ones. A different idea of respect. Past that, I'm out to learn - what ways of being encourage what kinds of interactions. You're wrong that I started arguing 'cause Callaway was there, that was just a side perk. I'm in it to learn people in groups. Patterns.

If you think I'm out to pat people on the head, you've got me wrong. I'll leave Richard to it now. But I don't regret taking his side for a bit.

Guess what? It's not going to happen. I don't keep this place online so that Pyraxis and some others can do what she thinks I shouldn't be allowed to.

Which is what?  ???

Actually, when did you decide I want you to be not "allowed" to do anything? I said this:

People, can you not tell when somebody's beaten? Is it really necessary to grind them into the dirt? Am I idealistic to expect leaders to care more about enabling people than feeding their own already bloated egos?

Nothing about rules or allowances, just ideals and expectations. There's nothing I could enforce anyway - what am I going to do, shout you to death? There's no possible way you could take my thoughts on board unless you agreed with them. So if I talk about how I think leaders should act, so what?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2011, 02:54:34 AM »
Damn this got long.

Because that, Pyraxis, is a big part of how this place can enable people. You can say your piece here, without having to watch your tongue or wonder how to follow unspoken rules. Sure, people will fight back but isn't that the point? Sure, some have greater language skills than others but what would you expect us to do about that? Censor ourselves? Only use two-syllable words?

Why should this place be different for us?

Been thinking about this. There's still unspoken rules here, like the current one about not talking about people's kids. Which I may have to break at some point if I'm to ever work out the shit with Callaway. I just hold different ones. A different idea of respect. Past that, I'm out to learn - what ways of being encourage what kinds of interactions. You're wrong that I started arguing 'cause Callaway was there, that was just a side perk. I'm in it to learn people in groups. Patterns.

Maybe not because of Callaway but I doubt you would have bothered without it. We've had similar drama before but without Callaway's direct involvement.

If you think I'm out to pat people on the head, you've got me wrong. I'll leave Richard to it now. But I don't regret taking his side for a bit.

And you shouldn't. It makes for an interesting topic.

Guess what? It's not going to happen. I don't keep this place online so that Pyraxis and some others can do what she thinks I shouldn't be allowed to.

Which is what?  ???

You tell me. You seemed to be basically saying that admins, people of higher IQs, etc, should be measured against some sort of higher standards, take their responsibility and not post what everybody else posts. I'm wrong?

I'm glad to be.

Actually, when did you decide I want you to be not "allowed" to do anything? I said this:

When I interpreted what was in your post. As I said, I'm perfectly happy to be wrong. I'm also perfectly happy to voice my opinions when it suits me, not when it suits you.

People, can you not tell when somebody's beaten? Is it really necessary to grind them into the dirt? Am I idealistic to expect leaders to care more about enabling people than feeding their own already bloated egos?

Nothing about rules or allowances, just ideals and expectations. There's nothing I could enforce anyway - what am I going to do, shout you to death? There's no possible way you could take my thoughts on board unless you agreed with them. So if I talk about how I think leaders should act, so what?

So it's your opinion and you are perfectly allowed to say it, just as I'm allowed to say mine. I'm not going to stop you but I'm also not going to stay silent. See, what's between the lines in your post indicates, to *me*, that as "leaders" us "leaders" (or people of higher IQs, etc) should post according to those higher standards, which, in my humble opinion, is bollocks.

Oh, and  I don't buy the "leader" concept, either.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: January 04, 2011, 10:58:13 AM »
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

richard

« Reply #71 on: January 04, 2011, 12:15:20 PM »
I like your new avatar, richard. "I can just taste all those pieces of eight. And doubloons. And triploons. And, uh, quadruploons. And, uh, uh, quintuploons."
He's my favorite cartoon charicter besides gumby. thats the kind of humor i love!

Scrapheap

« Reply #72 on: January 04, 2011, 12:20:29 PM »
He's my favorite cartoon charicter besides gumby. thats the kind of humor i love!

I wasn't aware that Gumby was supposed to be funny.  :-\

richard

« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
why do I have to explaine everything I do? i figured you'd be smart enough to know i wasnt talking about gumby

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 12:24:03 PM »
Can we have some new drama now? possibly involving some naked women?