Author Topic: really lucid dreaming  (Read 1061 times)

eris

Re: really lucid dreaming
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2010, 01:32:43 AM »
I got into the Post-Punk stuff mainly because a friend of mine liked it, and over time she introduced me to it and I liked it. Her favourite band was Joy Division too but I was already partial to them since I liked New Order beforehand. Quickly became my favourite too. Maybe it's because I fancied her, but we lost communication a couple of years ago. She probably killed herself or something, can't seem to find any trace of her since.

I don't like a lot of Pink Floyd either, but I really like "On The Run". Mostly due to it's synth sequence though, sounds very unusual and very similar to what Tangeriene Dream and the like where doing a few years later. This pattern usually applies with a lot of other songs I like that aren't prodominitely electronic (Including Joy Division). I normally can't stand music that doesn't have at least some synth in it, but I do appreciate a bit of classical and rock.

I don't like a lot of metal because the sounds just irritate me and all this "dark" bullshit added to it IMO makes it pretentious as fuck. I like my fair share of noise and general distortion but I'd rather hear bleeps and bloops than some long haired eejit wearing a codpiece furiously masurbating his guitar by playing 3 notes really fast.

Post-punk is really where it's at  :2thumbsup:

I  am also a huge fan of Bauhaus and Dalis Car and other german influenced so called"dark punk" from the late 70s and 80s. Velvelt Undergrounds " Rosegarden Funeral of Sores" ( Peter Murphy Version) just sums up that whole dark-punk shit for me. I am also a fan of New Order and other synth New Wave stuff from the 80s. I love Depche Mode.

You made a really good point about how people become interested in music. You like what you like because of the kind of person you are, etc. etc. See, I grew up in the 90s with a bunch of punks and metalheads, so, it is what shaped me. I am older now and most of my friends are still punks. I AM open to a lot of things, though, obviously, and I dont let "genre" tell me what to think, but it is a good way to guide yourself in finding new bands.

Oh, and Doom Metal is practically punk.  :headbang2: It is obvious when you listen to it. It is really nothing like any other kind of "metal" out there, and it is basically harcore punks nihilistic cousin.  i understand the influences go back to Black Sabbath, but ALL modern metal music goes back to Black Sabbath.  :)

yes yes yes yes , I understand the complaints of too-fast guitars and screaming vocals, but not all metal is like that. Even the blackest of black metal can be ambient, and 100% synth. Here is a "black metal" song that has NO guitars, NO screaming, and it is NOT heavy at all.

sounds like techno, huh. it's black metal

« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 01:37:54 AM by eris »

richard

Re: really lucid dreaming
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
Eris, just ignore dirtdog. you can make all the topics about anything you want :thumbup:

I've never had a lucid dream. However, i have had sleep paralysis before