Educational

Author Topic: World leaders I am dissapoint....  (Read 450 times)

Scrapheap

Re: World leaders I am dissapoint....
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 10:53:43 AM »
You ain't all that much older than me dude. Maybe about nine years. :zoinks:

Yeah, that's about when you start feeling it (at least I did). The last year I was stationed in 29 Palms, a freind of mine and I climbed up Mt. San Jacinto just outside of Palm Springs. It took us about 3 hours from a base camp at 6,000 feet to climb to 10,900 feet, a total of about 7 miles. I tried doing that same trip back in 2008 with my GF, and my knees gave out about 2/3rds the way up. I had gotten out of shape of course, but I didn't realize how much.

I'd need to get into a full time workout program for about 6 months before I could think about playing Infantryman again.

As far as getting a new rifle goes, I like the AR-15 upper chambered in .264 LBC8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2010, 10:59:49 AM »
Excellent choice, my man. I'm kinda partial to my dad's 270 though for some reason. He's got a carbine too, and i'm just sort of used to those.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Scrapheap

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 11:08:16 AM »
Excellent choice, my man. I'm kinda partial to my dad's 270 though for some reason. He's got a carbine too, and i'm just sort of used to those.

That's a great caliber for a bolt action gun, but it's kinda hard to find in a semi-auto with a 30 round mag.  ;)  The closest thing you might find to that is an AR-10 chabered in 7mm-08 or .260 Remington. Again, not an easy rifle to hump around because the gun AND the ammo weigh a ton. That's the main problem with my L1A1, the rifle its self is only 2.5 lbs heavier than an AR-15, but the ammo is almost 3 times as heavy.  :o The .264 LBC ammo would only be 30% heavier than a .223, I can manage that.  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2010, 11:13:28 AM »

That's a great caliber for a bolt action gun, but it's kinda hard to find in a semi-auto with a 30 round mag.  ;)  The closest thing you might find to that is an AR-10 chabered in 7mm-08 or .260 Remington. Again, not an easy rifle to hump around because the gun AND the ammo weigh a ton. That's the main problem with my L1A1, the rifle its self is only 2.5 lbs heavier than an AR-15, but the ammo is almost 3 times as heavy.  :o The .264 LBC ammo would only be 30% heavier than a .223, I can manage that.  8)

I'd just carry a couple of pistols and a shotgun for urban warfare.
I will never stop...

Scrapheap

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 11:23:08 AM »
I'd just carry a couple of pistols and a shotgun for urban warfare.

:thumbup: Those are the best choices for urban warfare, but as soon as you get past 100 yards, you need a rifle of some kind.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 11:51:57 AM »
If a revolution occured nowadays, it'd be mainly urban.
I will never stop...