Author Topic: Student Protests  (Read 454 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Student Protests
« on: November 10, 2010, 11:52:56 AM »
Anybody been? Is it just me and hadron on here or are there other uk students?

I got invited to go along but don't know anyone so didn't :(

if fucking Bint had done as she was supposed to then we coulda gone though 

Yeah Bint, you! >:(

FUCK THE CONDEMED COALTION!

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Student Protests
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:08:24 PM »
What's the protest about, that students don't want to pay more of their own tuition costs themselves?

Why shouldn't they bear more of the cost of getting an education?  Who benefits most from having an education if not the students themselves?

I think that as governments realize that they have a limited amount of money and need to spend only that instead of going deeper and deeper into debt, they have to make difficult choices about which things to fund less and they are going to piss people off no matter what they decide.

I think many students in the US would be absolutely thrilled to have the cost of their university educations be capped at only $14,000 a year.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 01:18:50 PM »
British students are getting pulled of of the government teat.  :wanker:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 01:20:59 PM »
No offence, but I don't want this country to end up like yours, guys  :zoinks:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 01:21:10 PM »
Fair amount of protests here regarding fees here too, mostly towards the registration fees being increased to at least €3k a year.

I don't get involved because the government won't listen to students, regarding them as hopeless eejits that rather would get pissed than sort out their education. Sadly the majority of students are, which makes it harder for students who actually give a fuck.

eris

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 10:43:43 PM »
The only kind of protests Ive ever seen are relgious people shouting things. Someone gave me a plastic baby fetus one time. I remember last year people were protesting somthing in the city and it got a little violent, but i wasnt there.  I guess it would be something to do. At least it is better than TV. Well I graduated from college anyway so I dont think ill be going to any more

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 10:59:48 PM »
Haven't heard of anything about protests here re fees, but as most uni and TAFE students would be covered by HECS, they don't have to pay it back until they find work.

And if they decide to be professional students (stay in uni and keep studying for good) then the HECS debt becomes meaningless.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:36 PM »
The only kind of protests Ive ever seen are relgious people shouting things. Someone gave me a plastic baby fetus one time. I remember last year people were protesting somthing in the city and it got a little violent, but i wasnt there.  I guess it would be something to do. At least it is better than TV. Well I graduated from college anyway so I dont think ill be going to any more

If it was a woman, you should have told her to shove it back up her cunt where it belonged. That would've made her think.

Osensitive1

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 11:21:56 AM »
No offence, but I don't want this country to end up like yours, guys  :zoinks:
It could though, if it goes broke paying for everyone's shit. Surely there's some economic reasoning going on.

eris

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:59 PM »

If it was a woman, you should have told her to shove it back up her cunt where it belonged. That would've made her think.

:) hehe

true but I liked it. a little plastic fetus about the size of an egg. kind of cute. She caught me off guard I was trying to walk past her. I was like THANK YOU ! and walked away :(

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »

true but I liked it. a little plastic fetus about the size of an egg. kind of cute. She caught me off guard I was trying to walk past her. I was like THANK YOU ! and walked away :(

I need to go to some anti-abortion rallies, since I want one of those little plastic fetus dolls. 

My husband and I are both pro-choice and we kept joking to each other about walking past the anti-abortion protesters we always saw in front of an abortion clinic when I was hugely pregnant with our daughter just to mess with their minds.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 05:20:16 PM »

Actually, an even funnier response would be for you breastfeed it or bring out a bottle.  :LOL: