Author Topic: My ambition.  (Read 1248 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: My ambition.
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2006, 07:34:28 AM »
Sounds like Buddhism to me.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

thepeaguy

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »

Maybe it does share some similarities by comparision, but that doesn't necessarily make me a copy cat of Buddhism.

thepeaguy

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2006, 12:49:13 PM »
Hey, who could resist eavesdropping on someone's plans to conquer the known universe and beyond?  :P

I'm still sitting here trying to figure out if you're serious or not though - cause if you are, I want to rip the piss out of Lucifer, and if you're not, I'd better stay the hell away before I make a complete and utter fool of myself.

So, what so you think, Pyraxis? I'm interested at what you've got to add on this (if you're still into this topic).

I guess you could always become a new-age crackpot and wait for one of those perpetually-pretty-soon-to-happen miracles.

Anyway, should it ever become possible, expect some rivalry. ;) And lots and lots of maniacal laugher.

You know, they said the same thing when people before Columbus claimed that the world was round, and not flat.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:53:28 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
I think it's quite possible. Not likely in the way you expect, but you said yourself that you were just following a vague thread at this point and you could figure out the specifics once you had more experience and wisdom.

HG makes the best point: you don't have to get out of your physical body in order to evolve. But there are altered states of consciousness and hypnotic techniques that can get you damn close, and I'm not talking about stuff as crude as drugs. One does not have to be asleep and dreaming in order to create a whole new universe.

There is also always the possibility of technology. I don't know if people our age will live long enough to reach it but I don't doubt that the human lifespan is going to keep extending as it has throughout history, that some form of cryostasis will become possible, and that both brain transplants and full-immersion virtual reality will give chances for physical transformation.

My main question is what do you hope to accomplish with a transformation? Where would you hope to lead people? Are there aspects of human existance/mortality that you want to eliminate, or something new that you want to make possible?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

thepeaguy

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

My main question is what do you hope to accomplish with a transformation? Where would you hope to lead people? Are there aspects of human existance/mortality that you want to eliminate, or something new that you want to make possible?

I wish to become something that is separable from humanity, become a new different life-form altogether. I don't wish to conquer places, create new religious cults or anything like that.

It's funny how I put humankind as a part of my plans, but I guess that is nothing more than mere sentimentality of my current state of being. When I am something completely different, I will probably no longer be tied by the varied symptoms of the fragile human ego.

Are you after the same thing too? (It sounds like you are, but probably different from my case.)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 02:36:33 PM by thepeaguy »

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2006, 05:36:42 PM »
Maybe your best bet is genetic engineering / genetic modification then. At least in this lifetime - I don't know what your stance is on things like reincarnation.

I'm not out to escape my humanity. I'd grab the slightest chance at immortality if I could get it, but as long as my current body was healthy, I'd be happy to keep it. The human ego is fragile in some ways, but can also be a lot more resilient than people give it credit for. I'm not ready to jump ship on it yet - I'm having more fun seeing if I can tame it and shape it to fit my goals. A lot of my personality is tied up in aspects of my identity that are part of being human. Though I'm not necessarily human at the core - all that's needed is a will, and that could be transplanted into any form that could think, feel and take action.

So I care more about mental transformation than physical. That's why the interest in psychology, because it's one of the best tools I've found for transcendence. Though there are other paths - various religions, spiritual disciplines, etc.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2006, 08:34:19 PM »

Maybe it does share some similarities by comparision, but that doesn't necessarily make me a copy cat of Buddhism.

Actually, I meant that you might want to research it; if there's a philosophy/training to accomplisha  goal like yours, you don't ahve to reinvent the wheel.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Nomaken

• The Anti-Fuck
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2006, 12:55:38 AM »
I like reinventing the wheel.
And as always, these are simply my worthless opinions.
Reverence is fine, Sanctity is silly.
We're all fucked, it helps to remember that.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2006, 01:01:33 PM »
I like reinventing the wheel.
yes but, should you have to every single day?
i mean, c'mon, when will people get it?
Misunderstood.

Scrapheap

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2006, 05:22:42 PM »
My sole ambition is to become something that transcends all human expectations; I wish to climb the ladder in order to reach the top, to view an horizon that no-one will never be able to, or meant, to see; I wish that my mortal form will evolve into something so transcendant -- an existence that will hold no flaws from my previous one.

With this opportunity, I will carve out a new path for humankind to travel upon. I want them to go beyond the current sufferings of human life.

I reckon that I could achieve this one day. I believe that to be the purpose that I was born to do.

(Kinda unrealistic, I guess, but I don't give a fuck.)

It's been said thet the most influential people to ever live have been the religios prophets. If this is what you're reaching for, good luck.

I'm trying the same thing myself, except for profit. I want to be like my hero Benny Hinn. ::)  :wanker: