Author Topic: Breast feeding in public  (Read 514 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Breast feeding in public
« on: November 01, 2010, 07:00:56 PM »
I don't see a problem with this

And not because I want to perv - I don't think that would do anything for me

Unless she was a REALLY hot mother

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Breast feeding in public
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »
I think mothers should be allowed to feed their hungry babies no matter where they are and I do not think feeding a hungry baby should be against the law.

Osensitive1

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 07:05:51 PM »
Do people really have a problem with it?

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »
I think mothers should be allowed to feed their hungry babies no matter where they are and I do not think feeding a hungry baby should be against the law.

I agree. A lot of people who complain about it would complain even more if the baby was screaming at the top of his lungs instead

Apparently some people do. A lot of people think it should only be allowed in certain areas as well

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »

I agree. A lot of people who complain about it would complain even more if the baby was screaming at the top of his lungs instead

Apparently some people do. A lot of people think it should only be allowed in certain areas as well

Like they might say the mother should take her hungry baby and feed it in the toilet, for example, as opposed to at her table in the restaurant where all the other people are eating.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 07:12:57 PM »
Which is fuckign stupid imo

Osensitive1

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
Once saw a woman breast feeding a child that must have been about three and found it a bit off putting, but would have to say anyone genuinely offended by a breast feeding baby may have some personal issues. Have only ever seen women who cover up with a blanket though, so it might be different in other places. Expecting someone to sit in a nasty public toilet with baby seems rude.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 02:49:44 AM »
I've fed my babies everywhere, apart from places like toilets.

When my oldest brother got married, they got positive reactions about that woman feeding her baby in church.  :laugh:
Never had negative comments. Did have kids, and some curious friends, have a close look at how it worked. For the rest, no one paid attention.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 03:32:09 AM »
I've never had a problem with it and have refused to buy into 'boobs = sex' crap.

Babies are hungry, and my God, I'd rather see a boob and a child satisfied than hear a screaming baby, anyday.

I've had to feed babies whilst pushing shopping trolleys. If people feel yucked out by it, or it's sexualised, it's their problem, not mine.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 03:42:29 AM by FraudSquad »

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 04:21:37 AM »
I was grossed out the other day though, when someone presented an invention. A device to stick on the nipples, with some tubes attached to it, to that the baby could discreetly suckle on a plastic teat at the end of the tube.

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 05:47:55 AM »
I was grossed out the other day though, when someone presented an invention. A device to stick on the nipples, with some tubes attached to it, to that the baby could discreetly suckle on a plastic teat at the end of the tube.

Oh sweet jesus :zombiefuck: wouldn't that have been even more noticeable.......and......plain creepy?
 ???

Loup
"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline Loupgarou

• Tormented Werewolf of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Friendly Recluse
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 05:59:14 AM »
Okay, I have no huge probs with breast feeding in public (and you can call me and old fart with a gross element of snobbery ;)), but there is something deeply disturbing when a small amount of the breast feeding population, have no modesty whatsoever, and simply open their shirt in the middle of restaurant and pop that boob out to attach a screaming infant to it, while I am eating. I don't eat in restaurants very often as it is. I have enough problems with food. Those few images of a strange womans breast in a public place, was burned in to my brain and I was very embarrassed that I had witnessed such an intimate act. To me she might as well have lifted up her skirt to her waist before sitting down. I did not know where to "place my eyes" as they were in 2 tables away, directly in my line of sight.

Goodness it made uncomfortable. :-[

But each to their own I guess.

Loup

"Long-winded speech is exhausting. Better to stay centered". - Lao Tzu

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2010, 06:12:05 AM »

Oh sweet jesus :zombiefuck: wouldn't that have been even more noticeable.......and......plain creepy?
 ???

Loup

All you could see, was a tube with a pacifier like teat attached somewhere at the height of the bellybutton of the mother. But it did gross me out.

Celticgoddess

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2010, 06:42:54 AM »
^^ Not to mention the baby is losing the benefit of the skin to skin contact. There's so many benefits to breastfeeding beyond nutrition.

I'm very vocal about being pro-breastfeeding. I've never dealt with rude people regarding it but I have friends who have.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 08:16:46 AM »
I could give a shit less if a baby gets hungry and squalls and its mom whips out a tit to make it stfu. I'd care even less if she was really hot. :laugh:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"