Educational

Author Topic: Post an embarrassing or disgusting fact about you.  (Read 15245 times)

Kosmonaut

Re: Post an embarrassing or disgusting fact about you.
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2007, 04:46:18 AM »
how is that disgusting? It's just in polite. I always lick my bowls when there has been something tasty there.

how is that impolite? it tells the cook you liked the food. i lick too when it's been yummy. only when home.

I think this kind of thing is highly dependent on what country/region you are in.  In the US, Miss Manners would say that even using a piece of bread to wipe sauce from your bowl would be rude.  However, Mordok has told me it's common in other places he's travelled-- I want to say Italy, but he's currently snoring on the couch and I can't confirm.
It is common practice all over Europe i would say.

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #211 on: September 08, 2007, 11:44:08 AM »
how is that disgusting? It's just in polite. I always lick my bowls when there has been something tasty there.

how is that impolite? it tells the cook you liked the food. i lick too when it's been yummy. only when home.

I think this kind of thing is highly dependent on what country/region you are in.  In the US, Miss Manners would say that even using a piece of bread to wipe sauce from your bowl would be rude.  However, Mordok has told me it's common in other places he's travelled-- I want to say Italy, but he's currently snoring on the couch and I can't confirm.
It is common practice all over Europe i would say.

Ahhhh, ok.

There's a slightly embarrassing fact-- I've never travelled outside the US.  Not travelled very far within the US either.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #212 on: September 08, 2007, 02:53:15 PM »
i don't think it's very common in europe to lick plates in public. i would never do that. it'd be too embarassing. and mom complains when i do it at home.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #213 on: September 08, 2007, 02:55:48 PM »
i don't think it's very common in europe to lick plates in public. i would never do that. it'd be too embarassing. and mom complains when i do it at home.

Its not something I've seen much of either, I always thought it was one of those things that people do at home but would think it was rude to do it in the company of other people.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #214 on: September 08, 2007, 03:22:11 PM »
i wouldn't find it rude, just surprising. :P
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Kiriana

• The Ultimate Answer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Constant Poster
« Reply #215 on: September 08, 2007, 04:18:25 PM »

Well, no, I don't think licking the plate in public is common anywhere.  I was talking about using a piece of bread or something to mop up sauce on a plate/bowl.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #216 on: September 08, 2007, 04:31:04 PM »

My wife complains when my daughter or I lick the plate clean at home but when she's not around it's fair game like eating things your not supposed to with your hands stuffed clams for instance   :laugh:
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #217 on: September 08, 2007, 04:36:28 PM »

Well, no, I don't think licking the plate in public is common anywhere.  I was talking about using a piece of bread or something to mop up sauce on a plate/bowl.

that is not weird.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #218 on: September 08, 2007, 04:37:04 PM »

My wife complains when my daughter or I lick the plate clean at home but when she's not around it's fair game like eating things your not supposed to with your hands stuffed clams for instance   :laugh:

you handstuff clams. :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #219 on: September 08, 2007, 04:42:39 PM »
But...clams have feelings too  :'(

ozymandias

« Reply #220 on: September 08, 2007, 06:15:20 PM »
But...clams have feelings too  :'(

If you live in New England, clams, stuffed, steamed or fried are considered quite the delicacy! :green:

Kosmonaut

« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2007, 06:39:59 PM »
I liked them fried with a mustard and lemon sauce.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #222 on: September 10, 2007, 04:06:33 PM »

Oops, I meant bowels, not bowls.  :laugh:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #223 on: September 10, 2007, 09:00:43 PM »
 :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #224 on: September 15, 2007, 06:21:15 PM »
I had a guy come on to Me.
Guardian of the Empire