Author Topic: Steve-O / TCO is WAAAY too sensitive to be here.  (Read 3599 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Steve-O / TCO is WAAAY too sensitive to be here.
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2011, 12:41:56 PM »
I was talking about Penty's earlier behaviour. IIRC, you were all for giving him chance after chance, then.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Mastermind of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
I was talking about Penty's earlier behaviour. IIRC, you were all for giving him chance after chance, then.

Yes. I suppose that is true.

It was largely because he kept saying he would change, and I'm a sucker for that type of thing.

I don't think Steve has any intention of changing, because he clearly has no idea what he is doing. I don't really care about his meltdowns. He can throw his toys out of the pram every month for all I care.
I detest any person who is not prepared to take any responsibility for their actions. I detest anyone who is determined to blame every event on someone else.

He has even told me that if he goes and beats his fiance, then in a court of law, I am responsible.
I cannot be civil to a person like this.

Scrapheap

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2011, 01:34:19 PM »
... I detest anyone who is determined to blame every event on someone else.

He has even told me that if he goes and beats his fiance, then in a court of law, I am responsible.

Yes, that and his droping hints about suicide to guilt trip the people it was directed at.

Pure douchbaggery.  ::)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »

Yes. I suppose that is true.

It was largely because he kept saying he would change, and I'm a sucker for that type of thing.

I don't think Steve has any intention of changing, because he clearly has no idea what he is doing. I don't really care about his meltdowns. He can throw his toys out of the pram every month for all I care.
I detest any person who is not prepared to take any responsibility for their actions. I detest anyone who is determined to blame every event on someone else.

You wouldn't be responsible, of course. The idea is preposterous. He is an adult and should be responsible for his actions, the same as any one of us.

But here's something to ponder: if he doesn't have any idea of what he is doing as you seem to imply, how can he change? How would he know what to change? I've thought for a long time that TCO has little or no control over his meltdowns, and that quite a few of us see them coming long before he does. Certainly PPK did, this time.

And quite a few know perfectly well how to use them and to provoke him further. But does fueling his meltdowns help him or anyone else? I doubt it.

Mind, I'm not defending what he said about you or your family, just as I'd not defend what you said about him or his family, I'm merely asking you because while you're angry, right now I consider you to be more rational than he is.

As his friend, I hope he can get help because he is hurt far more by his meltdowns than anyone else.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2011, 03:46:17 PM »
On the point of dynamics of young and old, it makes sense because people identify with each other. I certainly identify more with the adults, but have more patience for the youth when they get my nerve, and may care more in the consideration of the emotions of another.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »

You wouldn't be responsible, of course. The idea is preposterous. He is an adult and should be responsible for his actions, the same as any one of us.

But here's something to ponder: if he doesn't have any idea of what he is doing as you seem to imply, how can he change? How would he know what to change? I've thought for a long time that TCO has little or no control over his meltdowns, and that quite a few of us see them coming long before he does. Certainly PPK did, this time.

And quite a few know perfectly well how to use them and to provoke him further. But does fueling his meltdowns help him or anyone else? I doubt it.

Mind, I'm not defending what he said about you or your family, just as I'd not defend what you said about him or his family, I'm merely asking you because while you're angry, right now I consider you to be more rational than he is.

As his friend, I hope he can get help because he is hurt far more by his meltdowns than anyone else.

I do agree with almost everything you're saying, but it does totally miss the problem that I have with Steve.

I don't care about his meltdowns. I don't care that he has wished death on me and my family and threatened to beat me up. I don't care that he wants my dad to attack me, or that he thinks I'm the ugliest person in the world.
My problem is that he continually blames everyone else for everything that he does. Even after his meltdown, he is constantly looking to rewrite history to blame everyone else, and turn himself into the victim. Fuck, he's even tried to blame Schleed for this one. He will accept no responsibility for any of his actions. I hate people who blame everyone else for everything, and Steve is the worst person I have ever known for doing this.

He's not my friend. I really dislike him, and I have no interest in helping him, or even making anything easier for him. At least not until he accepts responsibility for his own actions and stops blaming others.

You are his friend. If you want to help him, then the best thing you could do would be to make him understand that he, and he alone is responsible for his actions. Make him understand that blaming others for his actions will only attract scorn.
Make him understand that it's better to fuck up, but to accept responsibility for that fuck up, than to attempt to divert the blame for his fuck up.

And please. Try and make him stop being such a crybaby.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 04:10:13 PM »
On the point of dynamics of young and old, it makes sense because people identify with each other. I certainly identify more with the adults, but have more patience for the youth when they get my nerve, and may care more in the consideration of the emotions of another.

I've never looked at it that way, but then I never really looked at the ages of people on this site. I kinda assumed there was a fairly evenish spread between youngies, under 30s, and more middle aged people, over 40.

I don't really identify more with any age group, either here, or in real life. I like almost everyone who's nice to me.

midlifeaspie

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 04:14:59 PM »
I kinda assumed there was a fairly evenish spread between youngies, under 30s, and more middle aged people, over 40.

Where does that leave me?  Am I a class all to myself?

midlifeaspie

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 04:19:36 PM »
I kinda assumed there was a fairly evenish spread between youngies, under 30s, and more middle aged people, over 40.

I scanned through the birthday calendar and discovered that I actually am.  Almost everyone is under 30 or over 40.  The only active members in their thirties are Eris and myself.  EBM and CG are in there also, so they need to get back here more often so we aren't alone.  :nerdy:

Osensitive1

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2011, 04:31:41 PM »

I've never looked at it that way, but then I never really looked at the ages of people on this site. I kinda assumed there was a fairly evenish spread between youngies, under 30s, and more middle aged people, over 40.

I don't really identify more with any age group, either here, or in real life. I like almost everyone who's nice to me.
Not age group as in 30s vs 40s, youth and adult. They do group, it's natural. Of course people will like others of any age based only on personality, but that's not what I meant. Maybe just unable to find the words; haven't been sleeping.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 04:53:45 PM »

Not age group as in 30s vs 40s, youth and adult. They do group, it's natural. Of course people will like others of any age based only on personality, but that's not what I meant. Maybe just unable to find the words; haven't been sleeping.

Every one of us is an adult here, but yes, some of us are adults in name only. I couldn't seriously class myself as a real adult, and Penty might be in the same boat. Apologies if he disagrees.

There were a few others I would say were similar when I first joined the site, but they've grown up and appear to have became "real adults"

I would say that the site has became more mature in the time I've been here.

I scanned through the birthday calendar and discovered that I actually am.  Almost everyone is under 30 or over 40.  The only active members in their thirties are Eris and myself.  EBM and CG are in there also, so they need to get back here more often so we aren't alone.  :nerdy:

30-40 is a funny age. Under 30, you're young and still in the prime of your life. Over 40, and you're on the verge of middle-age.

When you're in your 30s, it's up to you what side you're on. You can still be a youngster, having fun, or you can be an oldie.
Of course, some people in their 20s act like old people, and some people over 40 are still young inside.

P7PSP

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2011, 05:31:20 PM »
When I first joined this site, long before I knew the politics of this place, a well established member who is only slightly older than me gave me some advice.

They told me that older members are treated with more respect, and will rarely be attacked. Of course, a younger member who is cool will also be treated with respect, but an older member will be defended no matter how much of a douche they are.

I find this to be true in the case of Steve. If he was 21 and behaved half as badly as he does now, I believe he would have been dogpiled out the door before his feet touched the ground.
His retarded manchild-like behaviour would have been ridiculed by most, and his crybaby tactics would have been derided by all.
He's 50, and has been treated in a way that people like Penty could only dream of. He bleats on about not getting equal treatment, completely oblivious to the fact that some of the people who were nastiest to Penty, treat him as a personal friend, and do their best to keep him out of trouble.

Whilst one or two of the oldre members may feel he is entitled to some kind of special treatment, I disagree. I will continue to treat him in the way that many, including himself, treated Penty.
The reason I relate to TCO the way I do is because he and I established a ceasefire circa 2009 and I like him when he is not in the midst of a fit. It has nothing to do with his age. @ zOMG in 2008 I got pissed because he and Citrus/kosmo/fuckhead were fucking up the whole board with their feud. So I trolled them both including suggesting Citrus kill himself. In 2009 TCO got into it with most of the board here re: buttcoffee's banning. After that major disagreement he and I made peace and agreed not to attack each other. I stuck to that agreement - which had to do with a discussion he and I had, nothing to do with his age.

The only reason I wrote about his behavior publicly was his 2nd post about not having friends back him up.
Last year after a minor trolling of Richard turned into a feud it was resolved and we agreed to get along. Again I did not dogpile on Richard after that - and not because of his 50 year old status.

As for DD when he jumped on you and Soph I figured you two could handle that, especially Soph given that she was deliberately trolling for a response. When he did it to weakling on at least 3 occasions I asked what the problem was and he never answered. I did that because weakling was not being contentious at all - not because of DDs age or hers.

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2011, 06:14:29 PM »
The reason I relate to TCO the way I do is because he and I established a ceasefire circa 2009 and I like him when he is not in the midst of a fit. It has nothing to do with his age. @ zOMG in 2008 I got pissed because he and Citrus/kosmo/fuckhead were fucking up the whole board with their feud. So I trolled them both including suggesting Citrus kill himself. In 2009 TCO got into it with most of the board here re: buttcoffee's banning. After that major disagreement he and I made peace and agreed not to attack each other. I stuck to that agreement - which had to do with a discussion he and I had, nothing to do with his age.

The only reason I wrote about his behavior publicly was his 2nd post about not having friends back him up.
Last year after a minor trolling of Richard turned into a feud it was resolved and we agreed to get along. Again I did not dogpile on Richard after that - and not because of his 50 year old status.

As for DD when he jumped on you and Soph I figured you two could handle that, especially Soph given that she was deliberately trolling for a response. When he did it to weakling on at least 3 occasions I asked what the problem was and he never answered. I did that because weakling was not being contentious at all - not because of DDs age or hers.

I certainly wasn't criticizing you, or anybody else. I think you and Les have actually handled this situation very well, both by being even-handed on the board, while at the same time, imploring Steve to step back.
I'm also not suggesting that any one person conciously thinks "He's old, I'll be nice to him," or "He's young, let's hand him his arse."
And I'm certainly not suggesting that I have ever been treated unfairly, or with any lack of respect.

I do however, stand by my point that you are less likely to be treated shit on this board if you're older.
I should probably qualify this by saying that I also believe it is easier to to be treated nicely on this board if you're female, and less likely to be treated nicely if you're a right-wing nutjob :laugh:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »

I certainly wasn't criticizing you, or anybody else. I think you and Les have actually handled this situation very well, both by being even-handed on the board, while at the same time, imploring Steve to step back.
I'm also not suggesting that any one person conciously thinks "He's old, I'll be nice to him," or "He's young, let's hand him his arse."
And I'm certainly not suggesting that I have ever been treated unfairly, or with any lack of respect.

I do however, stand by my point that you are less likely to be treated shit on this board if you're older.

I should probably qualify this by saying that I also believe it is easier to to be treated nicely on this board if you're female, and less likely to be treated nicely if you're a right-wing nutjob :laugh:

How old do you think Meadow and Sinsboldly are?

Offline 'Butterflies'

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2011, 06:38:27 PM »

How old do you think Meadow and Sinsboldly are?

Meadow was just too crazy and obnoxious to be treated with any respect at all. I didn't think she was all that old though.

Sinsboldly was quite old, but I gather that she was hugely unpopular because of her power trip on WP.

Obviously there is a limit to my theory. Being old doesn't mean you will automatically be respected, no matter what you have done in the past, or how badly you treat people.
I just said that I think it is easier to get respect if you're old.