Educational

Author Topic: Useless Personal Trivia  (Read 51829 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Useless Personal Trivia
« Reply #675 on: January 07, 2011, 06:30:54 PM »
Accidental drug overdose as a child; maybe five or six.
What was it?
A friend of mine when he was little drank a whole bottle of penicillin because it tasted nice, he had to have his stomach pumped.
Some sort of pain pill; not sure exactly; would have to ask mom. I had a lot of stomach problems as a kid and was told I said I thought it was my meds, even though I had never helped myself to them before. I think it was right before they started mandating child proof caps. The only reason I even remember it is because I remember being very upset when told I had 'slept' for two weeks. Not sure why that bothered me so much.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #676 on: January 07, 2011, 09:15:05 PM »
Although I'm a good basic cook, I don't like cooking.  Maybe that's why I'm good.  I don't stress out about it and keep making things I know how to do well.

:plus:  for keeping it simple, thrifty and tasty!
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #677 on: January 08, 2011, 06:34:54 AM »
Accidental drug overdose as a child; maybe five or six.
What was it?
A friend of mine when he was little drank a whole bottle of penicillin because it tasted nice, he had to have his stomach pumped.
Some sort of pain pill; not sure exactly; would have to ask mom. I had a lot of stomach problems as a kid and was told I said I thought it was my meds, even though I had never helped myself to them before. I think it was right before they started mandating child proof caps. The only reason I even remember it is because I remember being very upset when told I had 'slept' for two weeks. Not sure why that bothered me so much.
Wow, two weeks is along time unconscious.

My dexamphetamine bottles come with child proof caps, I find them very hard to get open for the first time, have to use a knife. I somehow don't think a child would take more than a couple, though, they are horrid tasting.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #678 on: January 08, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
I hate child proof caps and since we have no little kids in the house I leave them loose
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #679 on: January 08, 2011, 08:03:39 AM »
I hate child proof caps and since we have no little kids in the house I leave them loose

Have you had any medication spillage that way? I have spilled aspirins into my purse by not securing the cover completely.   :-[
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #680 on: January 08, 2011, 08:05:56 AM »

Have you had any medication spillage that way? I have spilled aspirins into my purse by not securing the cover completely.   :-[

I don't carry them around much I have spilled them though not much

George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #681 on: January 08, 2011, 08:16:55 AM »
Walgreen's caps are reversible, so one way they are child proof and the other way they screw into the top of the bottle. 

I think for prescription medication, you can ask for non-child proof caps if you don't have any little kids in the house.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #682 on: January 08, 2011, 08:18:25 AM »
Walgreen's caps are reversible, so one way they are child proof and the other way they screw into the top of the bottle. 

I think for prescription medication, you can ask for non-child proof caps if you don't have any little kids in the house.

You can we used to get them for my grandmother and my father gets them now

George Bernard Shaw

Osensitive1

« Reply #683 on: January 08, 2011, 03:22:50 PM »
Wow, two weeks is along time unconscious.
Coma.

Yes. Some old people or those with arthritis in their hands can't get the childproof ones open.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #684 on: January 08, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »

A self centered customer slammed into me while I was preparing to load another customer's Refrigerator into his truck. I had just turned from the massive load I was carrying on a four wheeled dolly and was smashed by a 'tard. My fancy-assed prescription sunglasses flew off my face and landed in the path of a passing car. My sunglasses were smashed and the fat-assed 'tard who slammed into me never looked up, except to shout, "Sorry."

I lost my shades today.

I hate people

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!1
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #685 on: January 08, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »

A self centered customer slammed into me while I was preparing to load another customer's Refrigerator into his truck. I had just turned from the massive load I was carrying on a four wheeled dolly and was smashed by a 'tard. My fancy-assed prescription sunglasses flew off my face and landed in the path of a passing car. My sunglasses were smashed and the fat-assed 'tard who slammed into me never looked up, except to shout, "Sorry."

I lost my shades today.

I hate people

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!1

:thumbdn: for ingnoramuses and a  :hug: for sticking to it out. (not that it, your frustrations.)
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #686 on: January 08, 2011, 05:00:18 PM »
My printer is out of black ink.

Do you need a black crayon?

No thanks, I have one.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #687 on: January 08, 2011, 05:01:30 PM »

I lost my shades today.

I hate people

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!1

I know the feeling. People are idiots.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #688 on: January 08, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »

I lost my shades today.

I hate people

I HATE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!1

I know the feeling. People are idiots.

We had had a few inches of snow and had there not been a car barreling down upon us, at a ridiculous speed for a parking lot, my shades would not have been hurt at all. (remember, about two years ago, one of my co-workers was run down by such a driver, while he was loading something into a customer's car) The snow would have protected them from damage. Combine one idiot slamming into me with another idiot driving too fast, and like magic, I no longer own a high quality set of shades.

:hair:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 05:09:04 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #689 on: January 08, 2011, 05:11:37 PM »
That is fucked up.

- Albert Einstein